What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy 420 y'all!
It feels really strange that its 4\20 and we've got no public celebrations going on that I'm aware of around here. There is usually a few things happening with live music and such but not this year (again). It didn't feel as weird last year because everything was so strange with all the bars still shut down. Its cold and cloudy here and not very good weather for going out anyway so I'm going to make some red beans and rice and have my own celebration at home tonight.
My brewers are playing out in San Diego this week so its late night baseball for me if I can stay awake for it. Puffing extra tough for 4\20 probably won't help my cause but ill try and stay up until the end of the game.

pop_rocks. As I was watching the baseball game last night I was thinking that the weather sure looks nice there and petco park sure is a nice place to play ball. It looked like people were having a great time getting out and enjoying some baseball. The Padres are a really exciting team with a lot of young talent. They should be a fun team to watch and I wouldn't be surprised to see a world series there in the next few years.
I think your right that between the great genetics and the 4\20 flip you've got an epic crop going! I will look forward to seeing how they look when yo get some pics up.
A bunker man cave or shed sounds like a great idea! I will get some pics of the inside next time I'm there for you guys. The walls are covered in memorabilia like rocket launchers and gas masks. They have a Facebook page and some pics on Google images: search Bunker bar Waterford, Wisconsin.
My wife was in Alabama last week and she brought me back a bunch of the sausage I like for red beans and I'm really looking forward to some home cooking tonight. Its called conecuh but isn't pronounced like its spelled. She also brought back some other southern delights like grits and corn bread mix that you just can't get around here. The only grits in stores here are instant grits that are shit and all the corn bread mixes are way too sweet!
I hope you have a great day and puff tuf brother!

@Packerfan. Happy 4\20 to you as well buddy! My day is going ok but will be going great once the work day is done and in able to start puffing!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening guys! happy 420
that wouls be great if you could get a few pics i could share
i also told him the name but now we can search the exact spot, thanks brother
the padreas are red hot this season witt the first no hitter in team history and a young linup like you said
i used to love baseball and as far as weather, you cant beat san diego
that sounds like some good eating there and i hope you cook up a feast! do you add rice to your beans too
nothing wrong falling alseep bathed in the turf green of baseball on tv brother; smokin strong and enjoy the night is what its all about
hope your food turns out awesome!

happy 420 to you too p'man
hope you and the fam are all doing well and things are getting back to normal with this covid thing

Fiddynut

happening guys! happy 420
that wouls be great if you could get a few pics i could share
i also told him the name but now we can search the exact spot, thanks brother
the padreas are red hot this season witt the first no hitter in team history and a young linup like you said
i used to love baseball and as far as weather, you cant beat san diego
that sounds like some good eating there and i hope you cook up a feast! do you add rice to your beans too
nothing wrong falling alseep bathed in the turf green of baseball on tv brother; smokin strong and enjoy the night is what its all about
hope your food turns out awesome!

happy 420 to you too p'man
hope you and the fam are all doing well and things are getting back to normal with this covid thing

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Ill get some pics next time for sure brother! I only go there to see live music so next time I hear about one of our local jam bands playing there ill be going.
I remember hearing about the no hitter a week or so ago and if I remember it was the first time a padre pitcher had a no no. I also think I heard the Padres were the last team in baseball without a no no before that. The brewers only have one in their 50+ years but they should have had a second one when CC Sabathia got robbed of one by a bad scoring decision about 10 or so years ago. The Brewers have had surprisingly great starting pitching this year so far but have had some injury issues with their best offensive players and have struggled to score runs at times.
I serve my red beans and rice in what I think is the traditional way. Clean white rice with the beans over the top and a little green onion and parsley garnish. I think that trying to put the rice in with the beans would make for overcooked rice and it would turn I to a pile of sticky on a plate. It works to add rice to jambalaya but thats thinner and more like a soup. The beans and rice turned out great and after a couple helpings of it there was no way I was going to be able to stay up for the whole game last night. Im eating it for lunch today which is perfect because we are getting snow today and something warm to eat is perfect!
I hope you had a great 4\20 and the rest of your week flies by ad we get to that weekend brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening fiddy, hope you had a great 4/20
did you bring any treats to share with you yesterday?
i mostly just spent the day baked and had a fun talk with the x last night
we are going on another hike this weekend and out for lunch after
i also have some fun gusses and was thinking i would see if she is interested in enjoy a little mini mind vacation here soon
we will see
the brew crew took the last game of the series i think but the padres are still having a decent start to this season
do you use cal rose rice or is there another brand they like down south?
i hear you about how a nice hot lunch on a cold day really hits the spot
i have some kilbassa i want to cook up here soon, im thinking maybe iwll do it up with some sour kraut
any ideas on how to make good kraut?
ill get some pics here soon, i still have to give them a ahir cut 9trim off the bottom stuff) but they are looking good and the cuts are all taking
i still have to figure out where im going to put these beauties but for now im just playing things fast and loose
hope you have a great day my friend and stay warm, spring is just aroun the corner my man

Fiddynut

happening fiddy, hope you had a great 4/20
did you bring any treats to share with you yesterday?
i mostly just spent the day baked and had a fun talk with the x last night
we are going on another hike this weekend and out for lunch after
i also have some fun gusses and was thinking i would see if she is interested in enjoy a little mini mind vacation here soon
we will see
the brew crew took the last game of the series i think but the padres are still having a decent start to this season
do you use cal rose rice or is there another brand they like down south?
i hear you about how a nice hot lunch on a cold day really hits the spot
i have some kilbassa i want to cook up here soon, im thinking maybe iwll do it up with some sour kraut
any ideas on how to make good kraut?
ill get some pics here soon, i still have to give them a ahir cut 9trim off the bottom stuff) but they are looking good and the cuts are all taking
i still have to figure out where im going to put these beauties but for now im just playing things fast and loose
hope you have a great day my friend and stay warm, spring is just aroun the corner my man

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Its Thursday and the weekend is going to be here soon and I can't wait! I had a nice quiet 4\20 but I didn't bring any treats to share at work. I use to make edibles and bring them but there are less people who I would share them with here these days and I didnt even really think of it this year. Maybe next year.
I hope you guys have a great hike this weekend! It sounds like you and her are spending time together on a more regular basis lately and I hope all goes well with that. Taking a psychedelic voyage together sounds like a great way to reconnect. I hope she is up for it and you two have a great time!
The Brewers played really well in SD this week. They typically have a hard time on west coast road trips but not this time. Its tough to get use to the time change even though its only a couple of hours and in years past the west coast swings have been horror shows for them.
I don't really worry too much about the brand of rice I just get a bag of long grain from the grocery store. I got a huge bag of jasmine rice from Costco a few years ago and its crazy how cheap a huge bag can be but I don't really use it enough to buy in bulk unless I plan on giving a bunch away.
I love a good kielbasa, whether smoked or fresh. We have some great polish delis here and can get some really good sausage. Ive never made sourkraut but I've heard it can be done at home. If I remember it takes a bit of time to ferment. Around here you can buy kraut in two ways. Fresh is the best and it comes in bags in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. The fresh stuff isn't cooked and its still kind of crisp like cabbage. The stuff in cans is fine too but just doesn't have that fresh snap when you bite into it.
Im glad that all is well with your plants and look forward to seeing them!
After a couple of cold days and a little snow spring has returned today and its like 60 and sunny!
I hope your having a great week!
​​​​​

packerfan79

Veteran
Well Jungle mates,

I had to kill a couple pineapple girls lastnight. I had one push out a couple full on male flowers, not nanners. It may have been a light leak from having the closet door open for a little while during dark period. It's weird never seen that before the male flowers were poking out of a top . They weren't open yet so hopefully everything else is seedless. Bummer though, the strain was really popular.

Hope everyone is having a good week

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening fellas, hope you are all ready for the weekend
that sucks about the hermis p'man and i dont think it was soemthing you did on your part
some plants just throw balls easier than others and you might have happened into one
like you said, youve grown out a ton of clones and never had the problem, so im gussing your set up is tight
but some cuts are just prone to express both sexes as a survival trait and there isnt much you can do to aviod it
do you have any other cuts in the room? hopefully those will still produce and not have any hermi seeds
hope you and the fam are all doing great brother and you guys have a great weekend

these were smoked kilbassa for sure man
you coudl taste the nice flavor in with the rich meat and i saved about a half pound to make some beans and rice with this weekend
/your jamambllaya talk got me craving some dirty rice
the funny thing about the mrs is its one step foreward and two steps back
yuo remember the magical moonlight camping we did last year
/plus we took an amazing mystical journey together later that month
but then she got all bent over soemthing and it led to us fighting again, fighting real bad
there was a tie where i was just over it and moved on, but lately she has been writting me and we are talking again
/sorry for pouring my heart out man, but i dont really talk about this with most people
i cant wait for our hike this weekend and im goign to go all in on the fun
i need to get a pic here soon, the plants have been in 12/12 for almost a week
i will get the pics on my phone and then worry about uploading them later
not all rice is the saem, but i guess only us chinks notice that stuff
long grain is different than short rice, plus there is a whole lot of different types
jasmine rice is way different than a calrose or japaneese rice
but its all good smothered in a gravy
you are so right about how different sour kraut can be
we used to get those cans for camping, it goes great with hot dogs and is super easy to pack
but the best is the kind in the refrigerated section that is still crisp, like you said
my moms friend makes her own fraut and its almost more salty than sour but tastes bomb!
hope you are al set for a great weekend brother! spring is in the air!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a great week and is finishing it off strong! The weekend is almost here and its just in time. I feel like its been a !omg week and I need some rest and relaxation.

@Packerfan. That's unfortunate you had to scrap those plants but better safe than let them pollinate your whole grow. The tops are a strange place to see male flowers for sure. When I get them they are almost always at the bottoms of the lower buds. That's why I missed them on my first grows because I was looking down from the top and never started seeing them until I got my head under the branches and looked up. Hopefully this is the only setback in your grow and all else is well.
I hope you had a great week too!

pop_rocks. Smoked kilbassa goes really well with just about any meal.of the day. I'd have some with hash browns for breakfast, on a bun for lunch and in beans and rice for dinner. Its a good smoky sausage with plenty of garlic,salt and pepper flavor. The fresh kilbassa is less common and has a lot of mustard seed in it and doesn't really share any flavors with its smokes cousin except the garlic. Let me know how the dirty rice turns out.
I hear you that things can feel like one step forward two back. Relationships can be like that sometimes and it can seem like a lot of work. It could be a phase or it could be a trend that seems to get better then worse. The only way to know is to keep going until it either works or you come to the realization that is never will. You'll know when the time is right I suppose and as long as you have mutual respect for one another there a chance. Im lucky that the wife and I never really fight or argue much but that's not to say its always roses. Its good for you to talk about it a bit because keeping it bottled up inside isn't healthy. I hope you guys have a great day together this weekend!
I don't do a lot.of different things with rice and I'm pretty uneducated about it. I use long grain for my white rice and Mexican style rice, wild rice for soup and wild rice side dishes,and that really short grain stuff for risotto. That's about the extent of my rice making.
You definitely can't go wrong with sourkraut on sausage or hot dogs. Another classic dish is to bake pork chops or country style ribs with kraut. The acid really gets the meat tender and the flavors.go well together. Home made salty kraut sounds great!
I hope you have a great weekend brother!

​​​​​​

BarknPunkin

Hello Fiddynut and all,
I just now stumbled across this thread. Perhaps one or a couple could refresh my memory. How long did it take for sports media to stop referring to the Atlanta Braves as the "Atlanta Turncoats"?
-Bark

Fiddynut

Hello Fiddynut and all,
I just now stumbled across this thread. Perhaps one or a couple could refresh my memory. How long did it take for sports media to stop referring to the Atlanta Braves as the "Atlanta Turncoats"?
-Bark

Greetings BarknPunkin.
Welcome to the the jungle!
Im too young to remember the Milwaukee Braves but I know a lot of people who were at the 57 world series. It was a great time in Milwaukee, manufacturing was booming and The town was hopping. It was a shame to loose the braves in 66 but I guess thats business. Lucky for us we had Bud Selig here to do whatever it took to get baseball back to Milwaukee. The Brewers have been entertaining us since 1970 and have been a pretty fun team to watch the last few years.
In other news we love to talk about all kinds of things here including sports, dogs,music,food and even about growing ganja from time to time. Im just a few days from a harvest and I will try to get some pics up of the plants and do a report on how the grow went soon.
Thanks for stopping by and feel free to join us here whenever you like...Fiddy.

BarknPunkin

Will send a pict. soon as I get some time. Just flipped 4 african sativas and 5 ghost train haze. Am anxious to seperate the wheat from the chaff. Best of luck with your harvest.
- bark

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Thursday. I haven't been posting much lately but I got some pics this morning and its high time for an update.

BarknPunkin. Those sound like interesting strains. Ive never grown out a sativa or even a sativa leaning hybrid. Someday I will give one a shot but I'm not very well set up for that right now growing in a tent without a lot of headroom. Good luck on your grow as well!

Im a week or so out from harvesting what I've got growing in the flower tent. It seems like I popped the seeds that became the two moms for the clones in this run almost a year ago. Like I said I got two moms from the seed plants and cloned two of each of them for this run. I lollipoped them pretty aggressively and I've been growing them in half and half happy frog and ocean forest soil and feeding with pure blend pro veg and bloom nutrients. I use RO water and mineralize my soil because I don't like cal\mag. The seeds are freebies from Bodhi with the mom being chemdog(JB cut) and the dad is snow lotus. I grew half the pack out a few years back and didn't do the best job with them as I was a relatively new grower at the time. This time they are looking pretty good but I doubt I will like them as much as my gorilla bubble. We will find out in a couple weeks. Here are a few pics of them from this morning.

​​​​​​

Fiddynut

[No message]

Attachments

• photo2043104.jpg
    photo2043104.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 18
  • photo2043105.jpg
    photo2043105.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 20
  • photo2043106.jpg
    photo2043106.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 17
  • photo2043107.jpg
    photo2043107.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 13

packerfan79

Veteran
Nice plants Fiddynuts, I'm going to harvest next weekend, too. Hope you get a keeper. Bodhi always brings the fire. Can't go wrong.

Fiddynut

Nice plants Fiddynuts, I'm going to harvest next weekend, too. Hope you get a keeper. Bodhi always brings the fire. Can't go wrong.

Good afternoon Packerfan.
Thanks brother! If not a keeper at least ill find some variety. I hope your harvest is a good one as well!

DoloDankness

Hey guys!! Fiddy those plants look amazing! I managed to get my laptop up and running somewhat again. I have just bee doing my same old, work grind and splurge on a pack or two of seeds here and there. Picked up a pack of GMO Cookies x Cement Shoes along with a pack of Slurricane x Cement Shoes. Both fem packs, but I honestly don't have an issue running feminized seeds YET. I may in the future, but as of now I feel like as long as the environment is okay and the reversal is done right, it will be fire regardless. Glad to see everyone on here still. Now that I don't have to type on my phone I hope to be on here much more often! Hope ya'll have a good weekend.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
my man doh! hows it going
i havent been posting up here as much but keep in touch with f'nut
its great to see you rbother and hope you are doing well
ive never heard of this strain cement shoes, but can imagine why its called that!
fill us in

looks like there is also barking pumpkin
love a good sativa man and hope your plants produced

and our man, fiddy! hope you are having a great spring and things are going well with you
lets all hope that this year is better than the last one

DoloDankness

my man doh! hows it going
i havent been posting up here as much but keep in touch with f'nut
its great to see you rbother and hope you are doing well
ive never heard of this strain cement shoes, but can imagine why its called that!
fill us in

looks like there is also barking pumpkin
love a good sativa man and hope your plants produced

and our man, fiddy! hope you are having a great spring and things are going well with you
lets all hope that this year is better than the last one

Thanks for the great welcome back as always pop. Cement Shoes comes from a breeding company called "Cult Classic Seeds". If any of you guys have IG you should give them a follow. Their Cement Shoes is a cross of 09 Animal Cookies x OGKB x Wet Dream(Blue Dream x Williams Wonder F3), and I have the S1 version along with those crosses I mentioned in my last post. It's good to see we have new faces! The only experience I have running a landrace sativa would be when I grew some seeds of Acapulco Gold x Lotus which didn't stretch much at all. Do not take my experience as guidance though, space is a necessity with those big girls. I'm close to being able to start back up again and when I do I'm gonna try like hell to maintain an environment in my little closet. Harder things have been done by less intelligent people so I think ill be able to pull it off!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Friday! Its been a while since I posted too so here goes. Last week I harvested the chem91 (JB cut) X snow lotus and that kept me busy for a little bit. They were kind of leafy and a lot more work to trim than my cobra lips or my gorilla bubble. The buds were also a lot less dense than I like even though I lollipoped them pretty aggressively. Its that snow lotus male and I had this experience last time I grew this strain as well. I had thought that my technique was better now and that would give better results but its the genes that had the last word on that. Its nice to have something new to puff and I've still got plenty of the GB so ill have some variety until my next run (cobra lips) is done in a couple of months.

Im glad you are well DoloDankness! Good work getting your laptop up and running. Those crosses sound like fire! I hadn't heard of many of those strains but these days there must be thousands of them out there. I hope all goes well for.you when you get your grow started back up and I can't wait to see some pics of your plants. Where there's a will there's a way and I'm sure you can make that closet a great place to grow some plants when you set your mind to it. Keep us posted brother!

All is well here pop_rocks. Its been a really weird week here with the weather. It was in the 80's and even close to 90 early in the week but the last coup!e days its been like 48 degrees and raining, kind of like late fall weather. It looks like its suppose to get a lot nicer for the weekend so I'm happy about that. I haven't been on the mountain bike is way too long and I have to get that rectified here in the next few days. I hope your having a great spring too buddy!

Latest posts

Latest posts