What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Excuse me I'm in need of assistance

sc1

I am flowering photos indoors in two 3x3's. Today I found Hermes on most all my 10 plants. Some bananas sticking out, plucked them, and some just had a few seeds. The bananas were found on both regular and feminized seeds. A few weeks ago I found male flowers one or two plants and one was opened so I trashed those two. And the bangi haze regular right beside it had a banana sticking out. But this is also happening in a tent where those two were not located. During the dark period my tents have been closed with no intake, sealed except for the exhaust ( I have an 8" fan exhausting two tents). Could no intake air cause the Hermes? Tonite I added a 4" duct passive intake at the bottom of my tent hoping to correct the problem. I had thought the exhaust would pull air in through any small holes in the tent. They're all good strains. Can anybody please tell me what the hell is going on?

SoufLondon

Have you over fed or under fed them? Sometimes over/under feeding will provoke a stress response leading to a hermie

Last edited:

budsnblunts

Veteran
I would look at the genetics of those seeds being very hermaphrodite prone perhaps. Are they the same strains doing the same shit? And where did you get the seeds? Feminized are known to be hermie or females a lot of the time if the genetics aren't strong.

budsnblunts

Veteran
It's not the intake.
Have you changed nutes or water source. How are your temperatures

It sounds to me a really uniformed bunch of sacks and seeds starting. Unless that male he is talking about pollinated that whole room by accident. Accidental high feeds of a nitrogen based fert would do something similar too...

eebbnflow

I've had seeds from a reputable company go herm but only once . Anything is possible but light leak is the most common IMO. If possible get yourself a green light go into your room at light out. Have someone outside the room turn on lights in the house/place so you can determine if there is a leak

sc1

Ok I zip up the tents after 12 hours of light. I looked inside the tents when I got them and there was only very small places around the zippers like small pinholes. One tent is a secret Jardin dr 90 the other is Apollo. My veg space is in a closet but that light only dims the room. I top dress with FF 555 and use distilled water. I don't have any deficiencies. When I started the grow there was an og kush and a bubba kush that were not pretty seedlings they had trouble but grew out ok in veg. They were feminized freebies. They started to flower ok, then I later noticed a few hermaphrodite flowers, one which had opened so I trashed them. So maybe they both had bad genetics. But I had herm. flowers like bananas coming out of a somango in a separate tent, which has caused a few seeds on some of the plants in that tent but one or to are ok. The bangi haze regular had bananas or flowed on it and was right beside the bubba. But would not a genetically hermied plant only cause the others to have seeds? Temps stay upper 60's and mid-up 70's. There in 2 1/2 gal cntrz and I water every other day just when they turn dry. I'll try to check everything in my garden again

iTarzan

Continue to care for them. When harvested and dry smoke those bad girls up. You will get just as high or higher than seedless weed. If this turns you off call me and I will get them up off ya.

Fems, haze, Chem D and Thai type specimens can all go hermie some.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Gaffers tape if you need to seal pin holes in the fabric, or dark towels and velcro could help if you need to make a flap.

budsnblunts

Veteran
I would stay away from planting any seeds from these couple grows to. I am leaning towards the genetics, grow them out like Itarzan reckons, some smoke at least.

sc1

So thanks. I checked everything in my garden room and on the tent that contained the hermaphrodite bubba and og there was a port that was not fully closed and it was on the back left side of the tent in line with the hermied plants. So after I trashed the bad plants I separated the fem varieties from the regular into a separate tent Unfortunately there was a hermy on a reg too so I got hermz going in 2 tents, sucks. Damn if I would've just pulled that port string a little tighter. So I think that was the real problem and not so much the genetics. Anyways I'm going on to light proof the entire room, just to be on the safe side.

eebbnflow

When I used a tent in a bedroom I replaced the common area light in the room with a green bulb . Light leaks are no problem with green light only . Green light bulbs found at Walmart 6$ or grow store green t5s are out there . Good luck

iTarzan

Always grow them out and send the hermie weed to me.

Hazes have some known hermi genes. The smoke was going to be fine for headstash. It would be fine to sell too IMHO. But most hate to pay for seeded weed.

It smokes fine though. Why waste the resources that got them to that point just to toss them?

If you are growing to sell I understand so no explanation needed.

Latest posts

Latest posts