What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency...

Johnnyseed

Has anyone heard of "Barb"? its a strain that House of the Great Gardner has. I believe its a TGA derivative. Is this available anywhere?

B

bench warmer

It's called Barbara Bud.

That company (Tilray - a Canadian Licensed Producer) carries many strains from House of the Great Gardener.

my tga experience...

my tga experience...

Grown about a dozen of subcool's line up with varying results. I was attracted to his genetics because it sounded like he focused a lot on flavor when making his combinations. I figure potency isn't the greatest factor, for me its about taste. Id much rather say mmm, after the exhale, than feel loaded with a bad taste in my mouth. If anything, just pack a bowl that is 50/50 flavor and potency. I love me some salad hits :) That being said, I certainly can vouch for the samples of Ace of spades and plush berry that ive tried, both having the black cherry soda leaning taste, which is exceptional. I also have a marion berry with a decent semi sweet berry taste and frosty looks to back it up.

From what i've grown, there has been only one keeper in almost two years (marion berry). What's nice about tga though, is that you can pretty much guarantee his strains are going to have a space queen or an Apollo mixed in it. I feel like the space queen has the potential to give you some sweet flavors and something that is super frosty. Unfortunately, it seems like it takes 10 or more seeds to find the winning combo of taste and looks.

I think the last strain im going to try of his, is the Jacks Cleaner 2, which is supposed to be 100% lemons and pretty potent too. Hoping there will be a better lemon flavor than what my super lemon haze phenos have. Also hoping for a male, wouldn't mind touching up the lemon haze a little to improve on its flavor and smell. Anyone try the Jacks cleaner 2? Was hoping someone could comment on its flavor and smell?

S

sourpuss

The a2 genetics project has something similar, kings kush (chem4 x GDP) can't even tell the chems in there, for whatever reason the purple genes seem to be more dominant than the chem family. IMHO that seems like it would be just another purp strain, watered down and all about bag appeal

Actually have about a zip and a half of this sitt8ng in a jar. Was told its chem purps. Might be the purps not gdp tho. Shit is ultra strong, makes me buzz all over unlike most weed if I smoke too much, can make my head feel like its being pulled up to the clouds away from my body no shit. Tastes nice, chem with a fruitiness. Basically looks like a dark chem. Something about it keeps me out of the jar. Too strong of an effect sometimes, might be why, never know if im gonna be zombie fucked or just really high...

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I love the flav and ace of spades. We have one TGA keeper in my crew and it's a flav. Have some crosses with TGA in it. Wappa x bloodwreck

bbing

tga

tga

We ran an agent orange down here for years. Good xtract yield and had a unique trait of throwing glands in spurts. ..created a really unique cannibinoid profile with fairly equal stages of gland maturation; i.e. at harvest there seemed to be as many clearies as amber ed and opaque gland heads.
Potency? Lol, take her late and you'll see.
12 HR effect.
picture.php

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the last strain im going to try of his, is the Jacks Cleaner 2, which is supposed to be 100% lemons and pretty potent too. Hoping there will be a better lemon flavor than what my super lemon haze phenos have. Also hoping for a male, wouldn't mind touching up the lemon haze a little to improve on its flavor and smell. Anyone try the Jacks cleaner 2? Was hoping someone could comment on its flavor and smell?

I'd like to hear anyone's input on JC2, I just threw 6 in flower. Have 2 stretchy stinky males I'm going to use. really would like a lemon puckering mouthful.

smokeyla1

Here's 2 clones off the same jacks cleaner 2 mom I have. My first run with her from seed at about 5-6 weeks. Smell is straight sweet lemons, amazing and that's saying something growing next to WiFi and sweetooth #3. Very stretchy but stout stem, minimum branching. Looks like a good sog from rooted clone plant. Will keep updated on smoke when she's finished.

Also if you look at my previous posts, I grew out a querkle that turned out pretty good. Nice potency, lower yield but not much color, think it was a space queen pheno.

smokeyla1

I haven't had a chance to actually try the buds yet but based on looks and smell, its the best in my garden currently but that doesn't always transfer to finished bud so I'll have to keep you updated on that.

iam_2high

wish i saw this sooner...my 9lb hammer doesnt smell like anything in 2nd week of flower...zero smell wtf never had this before

smokeyla1

2 weeks isn't very long, I would give it some time. Most of my strains don't give off a pronounced smell until 4-6 weeks into flower and gets stronger with each week. That being said, my JC posted above was one of smelliest I had in veg.

G

GarrettWright

after Ace of Spades I am only wondering when will finally subcool stop breeding.

smokeyla1

after Ace of Spades I am only wondering when will finally subcool stop breeding.

I was actually thinking about throwing in a pack of ace of spades or jillybean in my next order just based on how this jacks cleaner is performing. I rate smell and taste pretty high followed by potency and tric coverage...yield is last for me.

Did you find any of BCS phenos with purple calxes? Colors look crazy from pics I've seen on other grows of it

smokeyla1

Yes^. Or actually do some breeding and not just hit one of his two males to every clone he gets...

Isn't that what most of these seed makers are doing? CC does it, archive, gage green, its probably easier to just list breeders that don't since that list is a lot shorter, seems to be most of old school breeders and they don't seem to get any hype right now.

G

GarrettWright

I was (accidentally) growing only Chernobyl very long time ago.... flat lining my sixth finger down.

Latest posts

Latest posts