What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
The zamal looking pheno is pretty damn fragrant, smells like sweet mango carrots. I wouldn't say it reeks of it where it could be a smell concern - but frankly, I want it as a home air freshener... a very "kern's nectar" type of smell.

The thai pheno hasn't started throwing pistils yet, but it's rubbed stems smell more "thai" - somewhat darker, astringent but still carrot mango there in the background.

Sounds good Terpene,

That is indeed the aroma of the zamal mother: floral, carrots and fruity mango. A pure sativa without indica would hardly reek like a modern skunky sativa/indica hybrid but yeah there's no doubt it's a pleasure to smell their delicate fragances.

Im glad they are starting to flower, the upcoming weeks are going to be interesting! Thanks for share it.

Prest1

Does Zamaldelic, and any other strain by ACE Seeds, need 11/13 light shedule?

I have:
Nepalese Jam
Orient Express
Chinese Yunannan
Bangi Haze
Congo
Malawi
Panama
Vietnam Black x Thai
Guatemala Sativa
Zamaldeic

I had not thought about that, so I may have to change my order of germination/flowering.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran

The thai is flowering under a 12/12 just fine, my zamal is under 11/13 and its slightly faster, though it was showing pistils in veg and the thai was not - probably more genetics there than anything.

Terpene

Veteran
Holy crap.

Just checked in on the thai pheno. This thing is a beast. To give you an idea of size, that screen is about 20 inches across.

The thai pheno went from this:
picture.php

To this a month later:
picture.php

and a closeup shot with my ghetto camera on my phone..
picture.php

Dubi, you are the man. :thank you:

G

gloryoskie

im glad to know this because i currently run 11/13 in my flower room.

11 dark, 13 light? Pardon the noob question. Just getting my ducks in a row. Happily got the Zamaldelica as a freebee. Going to germ 2 seeds and go from there.

By the way, nice plants! Hoping I can do half as well.

Prob 11 light, 13 dark

I just got a pack of the zamaldelica from the Boutique - cool looking silica crystals in the bag for de-humid.

Or they are diamonds.

Or crack.

G

Guest 88950

11 light / 13 hr dark is what i run. no reason for it other than saving a little electricity but i have heard that some sativas need less than 12 hr light to flower and i guess Zamadelica is that way so im good to go.

Terpene

Veteran
Shortening the day length from 12/12 to 11/13 effectively speeds the plant up because the plant thinks its flowering past the 21st of September (equinox). Plants naturally see decreased hours as the year progresses, so running them shorter than 12/12 will encourage them to push quicker, though you will suffer minorly in the yield department.

Since equatorial sativas originated near the equator where there is very little seasonal difference in daylight hours, running 11/13 tends to ensure that the plant gets the signal to flower. I have read lots of articles talking about minimum night hours of some strains (mainly indicas) being closer to 14 day/10 night, though its strain dependent. On the other side of things, I have seen some people run the last 3 weeks on hazes at 9 day/15 night to simulate the dead of winter to get them to finish off faster.

G

gloryoskie

Cool, I flower everything 11/13, was confused by the post. 18/6 for veg.
Upgraded from 110w PL L to 150W HPS, am liking it very much!

I pollinate lower buds on my thunks to speed things up, works for me. I run perpetual so lights in flower must be constant. 11/13 for me.

Great posts everyone, very good indeed.

G

gloryoskie

New strain, I have been looking at threads of Zamal in the search function. Cool stuff.

Here's a pic of a Jack Herer x Zamal by blan-k-flor:

Attachments

• Jack-Herer-x-Zamal.jpg
    Jack-Herer-x-Zamal.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 117

kaloupilé

Hi there!

I currently have 2 females Zamaldelica (out of 3 seeds) at 60 days of 11.30/12.30.
Two different phenos : first one (#2) is pretty quick to flower with big main bud, but doesn't look very dense. This pheno seems to be warmth-sensitive as a large majority of leaves have been drying almost entirely :( It still has healthy leaves but this is strange as all other plants in my room are pretty ok. The smell is incredibly pineapple!! Just like sniffing a glass of fresh pineapple juice, amazing!!

Second pheno (#1) is a little longer to flower but buds start to develop and I'm sure they will be larger and heavier than first pheno. Very branchy, and very few smell so far.

Here are some pics at the beginning of flowering. I may post updated photos later.

Zamaldelica #3
img-0684-2-i10513.jpg

img-0685-2-i10514.jpg

img-0686-2-i10515.jpg

Zamaldelica #1
img-0678-2-i10510.jpg

img-0676-2-i10509.jpg

++
KP

Edit : images seem not to display, they are available at https://www.cannaway.net/gallery/joe974-a87/

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautufil Terpene, loving the serrated thin sativa leaf! :)

Zamal x Jack Herer should produce some fast flowering killer phenos, it's a good idea to cross a pure zamal with a powerful and fast flowering skunk/indica hybrid. I did a similar cross maybe 10 years ago, crossing zamal with jack flash, we found skunky looking and fast flowering phenos, perfect for indoor growing, with the skunk dense resinous appearance of the flowers and flowering time in less than 60 days but you can feel the zamal influence in the taste and high, this would be my choice if you are breeding a zamal x dutch hybrid.

Zamal x pure sativa is quite different, of couse you wont find such easy and fast flowering plants to grow like in a zamal x jack herer but zamal x good pure sativa has the potential to produce the most trippy highs we have ever found in the cannabis world, that's why we are trying the Zamaldelica route :) Wish you all the best with your zamal grows and breeding projects.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

I have:
Nepalese Jam
Orient Express
Chinese Yunannan
Bangi Haze
Congo
Malawi
Panama
Vietnam Black x Thai
Guatemala Sativa
Zamaldeic

I had not thought about that, so I may have to change my order of germination/flowering.

Hi Prest,

All the ace strains in your mennu will flower perfectly under 12/12, just the most extreme sativa Zamaldelica phenos will probably need 11/13 to help them to flower deeply.

On the other hand, we have tropical lines that will benefit with less light than 12/12 classic phoperiod when flowering: Oldtimer's Haze, Green Haze Thai, Purple Haze Thai, Double Thai, Thai Stick and Lao sativa. Hope it helps!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome kaloupilé :)

It's a pleasure to see your zamaldelicas flowering, looks like they are starting slow but the structure is real good and balanced for a pure tropical sativa hybrid grown indoors.

Looks like you are having a little problem with ph,salts or feeding, cos the look of the older leaves, please let me know how is your feeding regime, soil mix and ph, hopefully we can find what is happen. Thanks for posting! ;)

kaloupilé

Hi Dubi,
Thanks for answer and help!

These pictures were taken at 12/12 + 28 ;)
They are right now at 12/12 + 63

For sure, I haven't been much serious with my plants lately!
Soil is basic plagron light mix, plants have been repotted once in 3.5L a little before switching to 12/12.
I used plagron alga-grow + BN-Zym (+ liquid ocean & xtra roots some times) for growth and stretch
I am currently using metrop MR2. I added massive bloom (50-33) once but not sure it was a good idea, so I stopped.
Finally, I also used delta9 every 10 days (alternating leaves & soil).

But I don't adjust pH, this may be a great part of the explanation! Tap water is at 7.3, but maybe in a 3.5L pot it would have been a better idea, even using enzymes ?
Today, I watered them at pH 6.1. I'll watch if it gets better.

Temperature in the room may also be an issue as I really have problems to lower it less then 29. It is usually between 30 & 32. Difficult to do better with sun and heat coming back !

Pictures coming soon !
Thanks for helping Dubi !

See you guys,

KP

PS: good news is that with all this stress, I can't see any male flowers :D

blan-k-flor

Veteran
Hi all!! I have some beans of Ethiopian Highland x Zamal to try next season. Hope they give me some clear and powerful high with the pure lemon scent from zamal.:wave:

Hazed

Terpene Dubi, everyone, thanks for this thread! I recieved 5 Zamaldelicata beans with my last order.
I will not be able to grow mine until winter. Seriously cant wait to pop these! Watching this thread should help a bit with the anxiety. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts