What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

nepal question

osman

I have saved up some money and was thinking of heading to nepal. I have read titoons thread and a few others but I just generally want to know about what is should see in nepal, how the people view pot, are there the scams where they threaten you to go to jail unless you pay the fine type things going on, and where I should go to find good hash. I am going in mid november, so I figure its a good time to find weed/hash. Also how does one get seeds home normally?

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
mid november is the best season indeed.

getting hash in nepal is safe as long as you don't try to sell it, or buy relatively small quantity(like a kg)... as long as you don't tell people you have it, you should be safe !

Best way is to buy in the countryside, prices are around 100$/kg, in katmandu you won't get under 500/600$ for the same one. I would suggest go to Daman (3h from ktm), and stop on the way to ask around. That will be not so easy if you don't speak nepali, but you should be able to score something. keep in mind that good quality will take a while to get, you have to order and they bring it...

osman

Hey Titoon do you have to buy in such large quantities to get a deal? Im probably only gonna stay a month or two depending on how I like it. Also is it ok to carry it around on your person when you go from town to town? Do people care if you go to more secluded areas and smoke? Also can you recommend and places that are a must see or could you recommend places to visit?
Also I was wondering how does one get seeds out of the country? if I put them in my bag and left through the border to india would that be classified as smuggling? Has anyone seen any useful info/threads on shipping seeds? did you bring seeds back with you ?

Mr Pink

Hi, I was in Nepal last year and generally have traveled around quite a bit so I'll share what I know.

You never have to buy big quantites, what you end up buying will depend on who you talk to. As a tourist arriving in Ktm you'll probably be staying in the Tamel area, where hash is sold in the streets by shady dealers. If you buy from them or rickshaw drivers you'll probably get some black, pliable hash that's not too good. Standard portions are around 5 to 8 grams, price is high as there is a risk for the person who sells it to get caught and beaten up by the cops, having the hash confiscated. Those dealers do not own the hash they sell, they know nothing about it and are mostly like any dealer in any big city.

As a tourist you are relatively safe from the cops and have no reason to be searched unless you put yourself in a bad situation. Nepalis are relatively tolerant and trustable for the most part, but you won't see any of them walking the streets with a big fat joint so why would you do it? Smoke where it seems fitting, do not disturb people or act weird and all should be fine.

The tourist trail in Nepal is a sort of triangle route between Ktm, Pokhara and Chitwan in the Terai. Trekking is easily aranged from Pokhara, other activities include rafting, canyoning, cycling, fishing... Locals are quite happy to talk and mostly easy going. Some places are a bit dodgy and I was advised by some guesthouse managers not to walk around alone too much at night and to avoid certain trails in the woods. For toursist tips though search the net and you'll find plenty of advice.

Traveling with seeds is usually not a problem as they're easy to conceal, what you have to consider is the countries you are going to go though. Of course India shouldn't be a problem, especially if you travel by land. If your plane trip takes you to countries where dope laws are harsh though, mail the seeds away to your home and you'll be safer.

osman

Thanks for all the replies. Mr pink if I didn't want to buy low quality hash in and around thamel where should I look? Not looking for super specifics but is there an known area or towns that are known for good quality hash? I don't need the best of the best, but I would also like to find good quality, and not crap.
Also how does one ship seeds home? what are the risks? should I make them stealth like packages or just throw them in with some souvenirs? I think I read in Titoons thread that they look through your package before you can send it away.

Also any touristy advice would be welcome, looking to spend a month or two in nepal and then move on to where ever, maybe india, thailand, or the Philippines.

bodhiseeds

Veteran
get up into the mountains trekking, shivapuri, langtang, annapurna, or lower everest, if you see plants growing at a household just point and if theres hash availible it will be offered. enjoy......
be respectfull and giving and the world will open to you.....

Mr Pink

What bodhiseeds says, plus I don't have any specific tips about packing seeds unfortunately... shipping seeds is legal in quite a few countries and it shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

For touristy advice have a look at lonely planet or some travel guide, the info is easily available. You have to pay for your visa when entering Nepal and must decide between 1, 3 or 6 months if I remember right so you want to have a rough idea of how long you'll be staying. SE asia can be reached direct from KTM by plane, or you can ride buses if you decide to cross over to India.

negus

nepal question

Hi to all
i as well will visit Kathmandu in Nov for first time and will stay there for 6days. Like osman said i wouldnt like to buy low quality hash in and around thamel, i am from those ppl that are a bit shy to buy from the streets, also it seems you have to buy little
bit from different ppl till you get avarage quality isnt it? if any of you guys have a source and want to share it pls msg me.
also am heading for Pokhara and from there a 4day trek, i have noticed that are lots of villages and routes you can take from pokhara can you guys recomend a nice route that might be able to see some ganja cultivation?
thanx

titoon29

Veteran
All the black hash you can find in thamel is laced.
Some pollen is pure, but very very far from the real deal.
You will get an ounce for 30$, You can get 500g for this price if you're smart.

Get the hell out of Kathmandu, at around 4 hours of bus you can reach Malekajung, before Daman (Pollen/Hash), or Maleku(on the way to Pokhara- Buds), where you will get decent deals even if you do not speak nepali. Just ask around somebody will help you at some point.

Yes you can buy small quantities, but considering the price, and that travelling around with it is pretty safe, I ll reckon you get enough of it. For example 10$ will give you 100g of herb if you bargain. That is the price. November will be a nice seasons to score some of the best buds. Ask for purple haze and silver haze in Maleku, that how they call their tops buds there.

Trust me if you follow my instructions you will find what you are looking for...
Then go travelling around and you may be able to pick up nice small deals, but even this get difficult these days, especially if you don't know much about hash, most of it is laced, even in the mountains...

On the way to annapurna, you will see ganja everywhere, so north of pokhara. Way to daman as well, you'll get use to spot them after a little time :) They are all over :)

Have fun

biteme

mr. titoon, i heard you use the term twice so i must ask; what do you mean by "laced"? i understand it is something added in addition, but what sort of material is used to lace? peace-biteme

negus

nepal question

thanx for the info.titoon29. It seems that i will have to pick up some
anyway from Kathmandu since i will stay there for the first 4days. Hope will find some of that pollen, i much prefer it than blak hash.

osman

Never really purchased hash before, never seen it where i live over the years, so was wondering if anyone could give advice on how to tell if hash will been decent or bad?

negus

nepal question

decent hash for me is the one without contaminants and still can give you a high.
some contaminants can be seen in a piece of hash and some are difficult to see .
when you burn the hash and smell the smoke can give you a hint.
also the taste can give you an idea. but if you havent seen hash before or smoked different kinds might be difficult to recognize the
different grades. Take Titoon's advice and stick to the pollen,
is usually harder and drier than rubbed hashish. It can vary in color from yellow to red to brown.

Dkgrower

Veteran
Just go there and get some nepal experince

Nepal is a very safe country and my advise is to hang out with other turist and get the in and outs from them

But just using your head will help you alot

Be nice to the pepol off nepal and they will return it 1000 folds

osman

Thanks for the story hanuman. I hope to never be in that type of situation. I will be low key.
I guess I will go there and keep my eye out for pollen. Did anyone go to pohkora? if so how was it? anyone recommend any other nice place for nov and dec?

titoon29

Veteran
Hanuman you were quite unlucky...

I've spent a lot of time with heavy smokers, and never heard any bust story there...
Except some friends renting a house in pokhara getting raid for i don't know which purposes, but they did found nothing.

Plus I bought and carried a shitload of hash all around, esp in thamel the touristic place, and after 2/3 months all dealers would know me cause I spent all my time looking for the best stuff... so whenever they come and see my face, they ld be like, no this is the guy that have been asking for good hash and refusing all what we re showing him... Cause it was shit obviously !

I smoked openly in kathmandu guest houses, small restaurants, and the only problem I had was sometimes local would say don't do it because of they are scared of police, for them....

I did make some waterhash/oil/cakes in guest houses, with the owner knowing or discovering it after a while, and nothing happen(except some friend got his door opened and his oil stolen).

I spent 3 weeks in the same well known guest house in ktm, staying in the garden and smoking big fat chillums of oil. in the garden all day.. Well we ended up kicked out but that's another story where they robbed us of many stuff and wanted us out cause we say we ld go to the police.

Some of my friends bought hash from the police as well, and I smoke many time close to them with no problem. I never got search.

Of course you got to be a bit carefull, don't put your 100g slab on the table of the restaurant when you re rolling, but the risk to get caught are so slim. And even if you do get caught, depending on the quantity few bucks will get you through.

If you're a bit worried, carry less than 10g when you re in touristic areas or on the road, and you should be fine.

And as per me, I'm quite known around Thamel now, still I was and i am not interested in keeping low profile there if i go back !

Give us some news if you're around osman !

negus

nepal question

Got back from my nepal trip 2 weeks ago,
had great time and will plan another visit in the future.

Was my first time there and after 2 hours from my landing in kathamndu i scored some pollen (20eu for 5-6gs), i thought that i had to go around from one dealer to another to find pollen but
i was lucky that the fisrt guy i asked had it.
it looked very similar to the first pollen that titoon scored there.
it was little bit soft and not very dry when pressed it would go a little bit darker but not black, actually it looked and smelled similar to some lebanese hash that i get at home, but the diference was in the buzz.
i liked that hash it was very uplifting sativa type of buzz. no body
stone.if you smoked lots you could have visual effects.

Next hash i scored was from pokhara and was hand rubbed,
it was very soft and clean inside and didnt seem to be laced with anything,
it had sweet (chocolate) and deeper taste than the pollen and the buzz was more narcotic with an up high at the begining. more expensive than the pollen because i only got 3gs, the more you get the cheaper it goes.

Next stuff that i tasted was weed from a farmer=the owner of a guest house we stayed towards poonhill. I didnt ask for it, the guy just came and brought two big buds fo us to smoke for free,
sativa type with no seeds and an amazing uplifting high.
one german guy got panic attack from smoking that weed.

on the trek i saw enough ganja plants grown around
two types one light green and the other dark green with purple
buds, i dont know if the purple is another type or because of the low dempertures.

Nepal is a great place apart from dope
and if you are a smoker for sure you can find good stuff with no hustle.