What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gainesville Green?

Fast Eddie

My buddie gave me these beans,
He said they were from some Gainesville Green he enjoyed
in FLA...
Anyone ever heard of This?? :chin:

JustSayGrow

Gainesville Green was for real, not just a myth, ck with Soma he was one of the first commercial growers of this strain.....told me so himself..

G

I've had Gainsville Green, otherwise known as Micanopy Madness. I met several of the old school growers who have been working the strain since the 70s. I got seeds from them but have yet to grow them out. That is a rare treat you have there, not available anywhere except the growers of the strain as far as I know

Gainsville Florida is sort of mother to cannabis growing boards. Some of the original people who began Strainbase and afterward Overgrow are out of that region and knew each other from growing this strain.

GoodKarmaPharma

Hey Fast Eddie,
From Gainsville area and strain is wonderful!!!! Do check with Soma he has worked with this strain. Nice heavy yielding plants.. Crossed some with diesel. Yummalicious.
Keep us updated. What nutes are you using? Also for myself they produced better in soil than aero? Might of just been for me?

I've heard of this strain for years.......a good reliable source from another board told me it was a jamaican crossed with an afghani......does anyone know if that's true??? :confused:

Fast Eddie

Great Thanks All...
I will be growing these out in about a month..
Just as soon as the G-13 Project is completed..
He said it was from a breeder freind in The northern
part of FLA..One that goes back 30+ years and is very, very reliable.
I will be sure to Save some Pollen/Seed If at all feasible...
So with a little luck we have the real thing here...:canabis:
I will be sure to keep ya's posted...
Thanks Again.....
"Eddie"
:joint:

Fast Eddie

Oh Yeah..
I think i will go Soil organic with the "GG" :chin:
Have had such great luck on the JLP-G-13 Project..
Super Thrive...Dr. Pursifull's Worm Tea Elixir....Foxfarm-BB
In 5 gallon buckets,Under 800 MH Veg, 1200 HPS Flower
The combo worked so darn well for my last two projects.
I Will be doing an abbreviated grow report on the
JLP-G-13 grow this weekend.
Talk At Ya's Later........ :smile:

G

I really hate to date myself, but I attended the University of Florida during the late 70's and early 80's. To make additional income I used to sell weed out of my dorm room, so I am quite familiar with what was available in the Gainseville area in those days. At that time, the term "Gainseville Green" was more or less nomenclature used for any good sinsemilla around the college, and not all of it grown locally. In those days sinsemilla was just becoming more available, and was nowhere near as abundant as it is today. Micanopy was certainly known by all as a growers paradise, and I know of several different varities that came from that area. While I don't recall a Micanopy Madness, I do remember something called Micanopy Moonbeam. But strain names were nothing like today, and the more popular ones were the Hawaiian strains like Puna Butter and Maui Wowee. The days of Jamaican Red Bud and Columbian Gold were soon numbered as people preferred sinsemilla, not necessarily for the buzz, but because you didn't have to deseed and got more buds for the money!

Best of Luck with your grow!
Abby :wave:

Abby is correct. I have lived in Fla for over 20 years and have found the term Gainseville green used over and over for good sinsemilla.When my friends started going to college there i would take weekend trips up there and we would always pick up a multitude of different strains.When we would get back and tell people the buds are from Gainseville everyone would then call the bud "gainseville green".
I do beleive I had a few opps to try the real GG when a friend from Gainseville told me I was over paying for pounds and his dad would hook me up much cheaper.
When I finnaly got a chance to go to his house the kid was more then happy to show me his Dads small indoor set up.(damn kids :) as well as a barn full of drying outdoor buds. I still remember the strains he had. He had GG, a strain he called bomber and a strain he called GrapeApe which I now beleive was the infamous "grape" strain from Fla and not the GrapeApe from Cali.
From what I remember the GG was always the brightest lime green color,even though it was grown outdoors. Wish I still knew that kid :)

JustSayGrow

flipmastermike said:
From what I remember the GG was always the brightest lime green color,even though it was grown outdoors. Wish I still knew that kid :)
Thats the way I remember it, almost flourescent green even after a good cure, and the smell OMG, something not normally found back in those days was that super loud smell, real piney/astringent cleaner type smell if my memory serves me correctly, and Abby is absolutely correct about at the time there wasnt hardly any Sensi to be had back then, that soon changed due too demand though...

Yeah....that makes sense. :chin: Exactly the way in the early 90's BC BUD was thought to be a strain when in fact it was anything killer coming from the Vancouver and the rest of BC. Thanks guys......learn somethin new everyday!!!

Fast Eddie

Hey maybe it is "just some good stuff going around"
I can tell you this...The seed have a strong sent!
And the product was a very bright green according to my bud..
Anyway we will see when i grow em out...
But i hope it is the original..
Thanks Guys....

JustSayGrow

Soma said it was a true strain, and that some of his genetics still have some in them, he also said he was one of the first too grow the strain back in the day. So im inclined too believe Soma, that it wasnt just slang for any good weed back then..

Fast Eddie

Yea,
I am inclined to listen to Soma...
Also My Buddie swears his breeder freind in FLA
said it was the actual Old school Green,
I guess we will see..
Visit this thread once in a while as i will use this to post my grow..
And upload when Ready...

Thanks Guys..

G

Damn Eddie, you make me want to go down and dig my Micanopy Madness out so we can see what we're growing.

Abby, I talked to my brother in law in Northern Fl and he is of the opinion that the Madness and the Moonbeam are the same, the name was changed to differentiate the grower/breeder.

JustSayGrow

Cant wait Eddie, there was a guy named Jeast over at OG who had Micanopy Moonbeam which is supposed too be a close relative of Gainesville Green, or maybe it was supposed too be GG just another name, I'm not sure. But you might want too ck his post on it over at OG. It looked like it leaned a little too much too the sativa side too be the real deal from what I remember. Rez use too be buddies with him, maybe he can give us some info?

JustSayGrow said:
Soma said it was a true strain, and that some of his genetics still have some in them, he also said he was one of the first too grow the strain back in the day. So im inclined too believe Soma, that it wasnt just slang for any good weed back then..

GG was or is an actual strain that much is for sure. But GG was and still is a slang for good bud.Because of the fact everbody new the real GG was the shit people are always trying to capitalize on the GG name by calling anything really good GG. So I beleive both are true.Yes it is a real strain and yes in Fla. many strains are just called GG.
I always thought that Micanopy Moonbeam and GG were one in the same.But ofcourse thats just my opinion.
The same is true in Fla now with krypie.Yes their may be a strain w/ the same name but everyone in Fla. calls good sinsemilla krypie no matter what the actual strain is. These are the average smokers I speak of. Obviously connisieurs and growers call the strain by the real name. Basically we have 3 types in Fla. Regs=regular shwag,Midgrade or "mids"=good seeded bud and Krypie,crip,krypto,Dro= any sinsemilla.Ussually the only time you actually know the strain name is if you are close to the grower or connissuer circles.
Unfortunetly we have alot of dealers down here that could care less what the strain is they are selling just as long as it makes them money. A long time friend of mine who sells large amounts of good bud never asks his people what the strain is.His exact words were "I dont care". He does not smoke and he is only in it for the money.This is unfortunate because if he was a connissuer smoker like myself he would damn well know exactly the strain he was buying. We have come to the conclusion he sells some type of haze cross as once you taste haze you will never forget what it tastes like. So someone in Fla is growing some type of haze commecially cuz it is always available in quantity(which is unusual since most hazes have longer flowering time and therefore are ussually not grown commercially).I just wish I knew exactly what it is.
I am sure alot of you other Fla growers and buyers have smoked this same strain as I often see pics of it on the forums under "Fla bud" or "s.Fla haze"

Bla bla bla am I still talking?? lol ok I will shut up now. Sorry for such a long post.Just finished a bowl of some nice Fla haze.Who is growing this shit?? cuz they know their shit,always really stoney with crystals everywhere and always has that great haze taste and smell.But I am getting bored of it even though it is good.Cant wait till I harvest so I can have some variety.

oh yeah i'll shut up now :)

Latest posts

Latest posts