What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with sex?

Hey guys n' gals,

I'm struggling with trying to sex these plants and i was hoping i could get some second opinions before i cull the males. Any help is much appreciated...I've never been any good at sexing early on and these guys are really in the way in my small grow space if they are male so the sooner i can bring em out the better.

This is my second effort this year, first four plants were all males, and now I have a feeling my bad luck is catching up with me again...

Thanks a bunch!

HC

picture.php

picture.php

Hard to tell..

:tiphat:
Pics might help to get answers

P :smoke:

Hey Teide and Paddi, thanks for the quick action. Are my pics not posted in the original post?

Also, anyone else notice that certain key words in your posts get automatically italicized? Like this... Weird. Wild is one. I'm stuck typing with one arm (not by choice haha) so i though it was me doing something weird but upon further inspection I believe it is in fact not I.

Anyway thanks a bunch!!! haha

:biggrin:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Appears to be male. Watch closely next week to see if pistils/hairs protrude. If they continue to grow balls/bananas, then you've got yourself a male! Good luck!

I feared as much but I had to double check because man, that's 6 in a row. So unfortunate. Been growing duds now for two months plus.

Thanks for all your help Paddi, airbud, unregistered, and teide. Very much appreciated...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feared as much but I had to double check because man, that's 6 in a row. So unfortunate. Been growing duds now for two months plus.

Thanks for all your help Paddi, airbud, unregistered, and teide. Very much appreciated...

What strain are you growing? Check to see record or review of breeder and strain. Wishing you females in the near future! ;o)

teide

Veteran
Yeah, my guess is both males, unfortunately.

All words you post that are included in Skip's cannabis glossary are automatically getting an italic font. Took me a while to realize that myself..

What strain are you growing? Check to see record or review of breeder and strain. Wishing you females in the near future! ;o)

They're landrace seeds from RSC which based on other accounts recorded here are slightly more prone to male expressions. Nanda Devi, Kumaoni, and Malana Cream. Two creams still left to go. if those are male i may give up on the landrace venture and just go with THH.

And Thanks Teide for the heads up! Thought it must be something like that.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Really nice clear pictures though. These threads normally have terrible pics. The chaps are right of course, looking forward to your future pics of your future girls. Good luck.

Really nice clear pictures though. These threads normally have terrible pics. The chaps are right of course, looking forward to your future pics of your future girls. Good luck.

Hey thank you GMT. Really helpful everyone has been helping me check my sanity. I was beginning to think maybe because they aren't domestic strains that they may look different somehow. That make 8 males all together in a little over two months. Talk about bad luck :redface:

St. Phatty

Looks like a Steve and a Richard to me.

Are they displaying any interesting qualities, e.g. visible resin, good smell, extreme vigor or drought worthy ness ?