What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

William's Wonder seeds

lLucky

The WW that's around my area has wider leaves than the one just posted. That's beautiful

Yes, the line seems to be split into many subtypes now... in the original description from SSSC it is said to very often be a purple strain too.

Real SSSC stock may be my only hope of TRULY reviving the line...

There is a strain in my area referred to as "The Wills" instead, and is held tightly.. It seems to be pure WW or a cross, I've never been able to tell for sure.

This strain truly is special and if you've had it then you'd know, It's been so many years I've wanted REAL seed stock of it, but no luck, maybe during the years I took a break I missed some opportunity :(

Scrappy-doo

Check out akbeanbrains IG. He's working with original sssc Williams Wonder right now from 30 yr old freezer stored beans. Supposed to be releasing them around Thanksgiving.

lLucky

Check out akbeanbrains IG. He's working with original sssc Williams Wonder right now from 30 yr old freezer stored beans. Supposed to be releasing them around Thanksgiving.

Don't really use IG but I have sent them a message, hope to hear back, thanks! Sounds exciting

mindriot

A buddy of mine was given a few of old packs of SSSC original stock from an old timer who saved them in the freezer. Beatrix Choice, Williams Wonder, and M48.

He passed some seeds to both AKBB and Strayfox. I know AKBB is doing open pollinations, not sure about Strayfox.

Hopefully these will be available later in the fall

lLucky

A buddy of mine was given a few of old packs of SSSC original stock from an old timer who saved them in the freezer. Beatrix Choice, Williams Wonder, and M48.

He passed some seeds to both AKBB and Strayfox. I know AKBB is doing open pollinations, not sure about Strayfox.

Hopefully these will be available later in the fall

Yes I have heard and contacted, thanks!

Wish I had been lucky enough to receive original frozen packs TBH! haha

lLucky

From the WW I've seen the smells of different phenos can vary greatly... I feel like whatever generation/cross SSSC released it had a lot of variation in general... but still mostly indica like plants with short bushy structure.. I would say there is some skunkiness in there...

Not sure about Rez version, I feel like maybe it was like SickMeds and only a portion of the genetic. I could be wrong though.

It truly is a special strain and I think you'd have to grow it to understand

7507SSSC8889P8-copy.jpg

OldSSSCGuy

Not sure about Rez version, I feel like maybe it was like SickMeds and only a portion of the genetic. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, I chatted with him about that maybe 5+ years ago. What I saw coming out was not what I re-bred for SSSC back looonnng moons ago. I sent him some WW and a few other strains, then got ghosted by him and all the others I shared the ancient SSSC seed stock with. Absolutely nothing bad to say about SickMeds!! He is good people. I dunno about or trust the 'new' emergence of SSSC in the 'Dam, just an opinion.

But you should have used the pics of the catalog from my profile. Better scans, I still; have all the originals 'cause I'm old and dumb and horde seed bank drug literature from the 80's & 90's.

The only thing that I cannot find (yet) is my original pics of the WW in full regalia. The male I used was the fattest, most robust male plant I have ever seen in my life - do this day; but I've only been growing for 40 years. It stood only about 4.5 ft tall in a 5 gallon container but that sucker was the most obese plant you can imagine. I used it on WW females (but of course) and on M39 and a few others in the room at the time.

OldSSSCGuy

Uhm... that plant in the pics is a LOT more sativa-like than any of the WW I shipped. WW was uniformly a fat, squat indica. Looked more like landrace Afghani but gnarlier. Nonetheless I do not question SickMeds, he was the ->only<- breeder from those I shared WW stock with who actually communicated - and he was a hell of a nice guy too.

Aaront596

Yeah, I chatted with him about that maybe 5+ years ago. What I saw coming out was not what I re-bred for SSSC back looonnng moons ago. I sent him some WW and a few other strains, then got ghosted by him and all the others I shared the ancient SSSC seed stock with. Absolutely nothing bad to say about SickMeds!! He is good people. I dunno about or trust the 'new' emergence of SSSC in the 'Dam, just an opinion.

But you should have used the pics of the catalog from my profile. Better scans, I still; have all the originals 'cause I'm old and dumb and horde seed bank drug literature from the 80's & 90's.

The only thing that I cannot find (yet) is my original pics of the WW in full regalia. The male I used was the fattest, most robust male plant I have ever seen in my life - do this day; but I've only been growing for 40 years. It stood only about 4.5 ft tall in a 5 gallon container but that sucker was the most obese plant you can imagine. I used it on WW females (but of course) and on M39 and a few others in the room at the time.
Hey OldSSSCGuy! Was just curious did any of your seeds make it to the breeder AKBean Brains, AKBB? I just bought some of his WWF4 and would love to know more about the history. He said they came from a guy who had SSSC stock in a freezer.

Last edited:

Aaront596

From the WW I've seen the smells of different phenos can vary greatly... I feel like whatever generation/cross SSSC released it had a lot of variation in general... but still mostly indica like plants with short bushy structure.. I would say there is some skunkiness in there...

It truly is a special strain and I think you'd have to grow it to understand

7507SSSC8889P8-copy.jpg
ILucky, I too am trying my hardest to get the pure SSSC M31 WW seeds. I was curious if you ever got your hands on any? I just got some of AKBB's WW F4. From what I can gather it's original SSSC from the 80's but I could never prove that. Either way I'm pumped to have them can't wait to see how they do. What'd you ever end up getting a hold of?

OldSSSCGuy

Hey OldSSSCGuy! Was just curious did any of your seeds make it to the breeder AKBean Brains, AKBB? I just bought some of his WWF4 and would love to know more about the history. He said they came from a guy who had SSSC stock in a freezer.

No, it didn't come from me at least 'cause I've not heard of him before. I'm sus about it because of this "wwF4" part. I've seen 5+ places claiming to sell WW and each was bogus. People seem to use the name because they think that no one can verify the linage. That's not a stab at AKBean - for all I know the guy is totally righteous and I ain't meaning to fart in his car or anything. I'd have to see the plants or grow it myself to know for sure. Then I'd have to put my tin foil hat on and travel back to the 90's, channel some rare Owsley zen, returning only to say "Wow man..." a few thousand times. A worthy event nonetheless.

But I am highly sus of most cannabis lore anymore. SO MANY yumyums have stolen other people's genetics and claimed all sorts of completely silly shit and names from Star Trek or somethin. Recently met a guy bragging big about the "100% pure Thai sativa" he had and how it was so k-rad and cool, that he knows this was 'the strain that all Thai sticks were made of", and yada yada. Asked him how high the ceilings in his grow were, he says "about 7 foot". Hmmm... told him that he must be trimming that skeleton all to hell to run Thai with that headroom. "Naw, its easy. Its short and squat, fat as hell too!" Pulls out his phone and shows me a pic of a classic pudgy Afghani-variant indica about 3 months old. Sigh me make, tried to pop his balloon but know I didn't get through the BS cloud the poor guy is living in. Tried to teach him about the real Thai sticks of the past and he'd have none of it. Tried to explain the height and thinness of any decent sativa, etc. Nope.

One sad byproduct of the dispensaries & hobby growers has been outright intentional Genus thievery. Its polluted the gene pool to a heartbreak zone. Add the patent troll vermin to the mix and it only gets sadder.

Sorry to preach. We old fucks tend to do that...

Mimpi Manis

No, it didn't come from me at least 'cause I've not heard of him before. I'm sus about it because of this "wwF4" part. I've seen 5+ places claiming to sell WW and each was bogus. People seem to use the name because they think that no one can verify the linage. That's not a stab at AKBean - for all I know the guy is totally righteous and I ain't meaning to fart in his car or anything. I'd have to see the plants or grow it myself to know for sure. Then I'd have to put my tin foil hat on and travel back to the 90's, channel some rare Owsley zen, returning only to say "Wow man..." a few thousand times. A worthy event nonetheless.

But I am highly sus of most cannabis lore anymore. SO MANY yumyums have stolen other people's genetics and claimed all sorts of completely silly shit and names from Star Trek or somethin. Recently met a guy bragging big about the "100% pure Thai sativa" he had and how it was so k-rad and cool, that he knows this was 'the strain that all Thai sticks were made of", and yada yada. Asked him how high the ceilings in his grow were, he says "about 7 foot". Hmmm... told him that he must be trimming that skeleton all to hell to run Thai with that headroom. "Naw, its easy. Its short and squat, fat as hell too!" Pulls out his phone and shows me a pic of a classic pudgy Afghani-variant indica about 3 months old. Sigh me make, tried to pop his balloon but know I didn't get through the BS cloud the poor guy is living in. Tried to teach him about the real Thai sticks of the past and he'd have none of it. Tried to explain the height and thinness of any decent sativa, etc. Nope.

One sad byproduct of the dispensaries & hobby growers has been outright intentional Genus thievery. Its polluted the gene pool to a heartbreak zone. Add the patent troll vermin to the mix and it only gets sadder.

Sorry to preach. We old fucks tend to do that...
Well that was an enjoyable rave indeed. Garnered a smile from this old fuck! The level of generational ignorance in relation to those old SE Asian equatorial's is quite astonishing really. Given the avalanche of decent info available these days, how are these dudes of dimwittery and runaway hubris still so abjectly ignorant? I guess an image on IG is all that's required nowadays? (Dunning Kruger Syndrome reigns supreme!). Makes ya fear for the state of the world as a viable entity don't it?