What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fabric pots - drainage question

Just got some 5 gal fabrics that I'd like to transplant to & looking for a little advice...

do I need to perforate bottom for drainage? I do like to water-to-drain a few times throughout the grow, i dont like the idea of water not draining from the bottom (side, mildew etc)

should they be placed into normal drip trays or higher up?

jwm

Veteran
What he said. And No, do not poke holes. You will love fabric pots. Nearly Impossible to overwater.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
This is what I use on the floor of my tents.

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
^^^ Good idea. I hate when fabric pots sit on the ground and they are flooded. This will work for me. :huggg:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
^^^ Good idea. I hate when fabric pots sit on the ground and they are flooded. This will work for me. :huggg:
U R welcome Mr Trout :tiphat:

Because of the way I water, the bottom of my pots are never really wet. It is simply a precaution but, unlike a "saucer/drip tray", where the pot could/would be sitting in standing water. Great for supplementing RH but nothing else IMHO.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
My current grow is my 2nd with fabric pots. Love them.

Would really like some plant elevators now but sizes seem limited.