What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing Shrooms

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I have grown bulk substrate indoors. Cubes. Allot. Recently i have find out that cyanessins grow on my property naturally. Im thinking about encouraging natural growth... How do i do bulk outdoor cyanessins

Just by adding more wood chips.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Keep in mind they only like certain woods, alder always comes up but I used silver maple. Outdoor caps are full of lice right away but the stems are very clean.

CrushnYuba

I was thinking something more purposeful.
I was going to put down some decorative landscape woodchip beds with edging. And do something to make the environment better... Like some sort of mist system and some sort of row cover. I want it to be a decorative landscape feature. I want it to crush mushies year round

I'm just trying to think of how to make the row cover look cool. Or maybe instead of a row cover it can just be like an awning

Dankwolf

I'm taking a break from growing cannabis and giving my back a break. I thought about growing some mushrooms in the interim so looked at shroomery.com. It seems a bit complicated. The site I was reading talked about using a pressure cooker and syringes.There is also the problem of temp. I've got my tent to run at about 80F but I think that's too warm I think as I always thought mushrooms need a cooler growing environment. Should I pursue this?

I am also intrested in this idea . i tried years ago and learned alot i will chime in after reading thread . ether way i am down to vebture as well

Dankwolf

Read the first page . and my old school black / pink poppies sound more up my ally lol with a few peyote mixed in for fun lol

troutman

Seed Whore
Don't bother trying woodlovers like P. azurescens or P. cyanescens indoors. Just dig a hole in a shaded spot in
early Spring and line the bottom with cardboard. Add your wood spawn and cover with up to an inch of soil
and straw mixture. Water once a week if it doesn't rain. Once temps drop in late September to November
you should find some nice surprises if it worked out.

White Beard

Check for Bodhisattva, hamloaf many more i dont remember...

Shroomery is an infinite well of knowledge and is much less ego/bullshit driven that any weed forum!

Spell-check: BODHISATTA (no ‘v’ - meaning the guy on Shroomery, not the word)
Another guy there to check out is Pastywhyte. Also, FrankHorrigan

Here’s a link-list of “Simplified Cultivation Methods” - a great place to start:
Simplified Cultivation Methods, an Easy-As-Fuck linklist: Trusted Culvator links and methods and other cultivation info

As for “ego/bullshit driven”...just stay out of the Pub...and the “romper room”

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Nice pictures, shmavis. I love watching shrooms. They grow so quick. Dont worrie about the spores on the shrooms. Me and my brothers even grew them out like that on purpose just to get more yield. Defintly doesnt screw up the quality.

You ain’t kidding. They grow fast. Found myself checking them twice a day. At nearly every check I was picking at least one. Definitely not practical to harvest at veil tear - you'd need to check hourly. Thanks for the info.

Don't bother trying woodlovers like P. azurescens or P. cyanescens indoors. Just dig a hole in a shaded spot in
early Spring and line the bottom with cardboard. Add your wood spawn and cover with up to an inch of soil
and straw mixture. Water once a week if it doesn't rain. Once temps drop in late September to November
you should find some nice surprises if it worked out.

Why not indoors? What’s the biggest obstacle to indoor success?

Second Flush, day 8:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GT sure fruits faster than PE. Got some bulk substrate and grain spawn bags to give mono-tub a go. Hope to inoculate later today. Been having fun...

Thoughts on potency of fresh vs. dried? Ate a couple fresh off the cake and wasn't even able to operate the remote control :bigeye: Only did that once but it was more intense than dried. Also, aborts. I have read that aborts if picked in time can be eaten just like mature shrooms. But supposedly a fine line of picking them before the cap goes black. In cleaning out the bottom of the dehydrator I had a mix of really small shrooms and aborts. They weighed ~ 2g. My scale measures to the whole gram. After really looking them over I separated out some that I was leery about eating. What was left was less than a gram as it did not even register on the scale. I tripped balls, hard. 3g of GT came nowhere near the intensity, or an unweighed amount of PE that was at least a couple grams. That little bit of leftovers was meant to be a micro dose but it quickly changed my plans for the day. ;)

G

I'm glad your hard work paid off and youre having fun with the results.

Sadly my brother just infirmed me that the fsre is off the net. The guys must have been raided or something else happened. So, no more 1dollar spore prints..spewing

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
:lurk::lurk: i love this info.......cant get enough of this information on this stuff. im growing some lions mane mushrooms right now(i know i wish i had the good ones) but i bought a spore kit with the lions mane and there going very well.:thank you:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
They need cold weather to fruit unlike the P. cubensis and many people have tried with little success.

Maybe it’s more an issue of maintaining proper humidity and not necessarily cold temps... (?) I was looking at some beverage fridges with glass doors and found differing temp ranges. (I figured if it doesn’t work at least I’d have a kick-ass beer fridge for the basement. :)) But the range of temps available got me thinking about my 1.6 cu.ft. Igloo mini fridge that I use for seed storage. Set it to the coldest setting and put a temp/humidity meter in there. I’ve been watching for a week now and have never seen temp over 35º but humidity is always in the 40% range. From what I understand temp needs to be under 40º for them to fruit. So seems like my seed fridge could pull that off - but it's too small. Still may get one of the fancy glass door ones... some even have white lights...

GT v. PE

There’s definitely a difference between GT and PE. So ‘a cube is a cube is a cube’ does not apply in my experience; but the added ‘unless it’s PE’ just may. But obviously will need to experience others to know for sure, but I suspect there would be notable differences from cube to cube.

So is PE more potent than GT? I have found this to be the case. But they’re different in effect so it’s probably more about preference of effect than anything else. I find GT provides much better visuals. If kaleidoscope type visuals and a more socially functioning body are preferred then GT would be the better choice. I found PE to not be as visual and to be much heavier in body effect with an overall darker vibe. And it has more of a steady state to it whereas GT comes and goes in waves. With PE it’s more as though everything is breathing with vibration but not as shifting and moving as GT. 3g of GT was nowhere near as intense as nearly 4g of PE - but much more visually stimulating/appealing. Since my scale only measures to the whole gram I put enough on it until it read 4g and then removed the smallest shrooms so that it read 3g so that I knew it was just under 4g. This was probably a bit much as a couple hours were lost in a non-functioning state and not sure if curling up in the fetal position just seemed like a good idea, or if I actually did it. :D Lack of consistency in potency/experience of either though is probably one of the biggest drawbacks. Even when taking small amounts it's best to have no plans.

I only weighed the first flush. I ended up with 22g of PE and 13g of GT from that first flush. Seems folks often say that you shouldn’t start with PE as growing it requires a bit of experience. I think someone even said as much in this thread. Well, it was PE that colonized best for me and obviously did better yield wise so not sure if I just had beginner’s luck or what. The third flush produced what visually looked to be the heaviest PE shroom. It weighed 12g fresh and 1g dried. They say they’re 90% water, found that to be the case. Thought about burying the cakes in the yard after the third flush as I have read that doing so sometimes will result in a mushroom patch. But since I do not have anything colonized and ready to fruit yet, I started a fourth flush yesterday - interested to see how many pop. I am a little over two weeks from having inoculated a spawn bag with the rest of GT. I am yet to see any action but supposedly any signs of success are slower to show in spawn bags. I also split a syringe of Purple Mystic between two spawn bags last Saturday. It's one that also makes claims of greater potency.

A word of caution: be careful with your alcohol consumption. This may especially be true with PE with its heavier body. I will spare myself the embarrassment of sharing how I came to shy away from mixing the two in any great quantity. :rolleyes:

Oh, and the nearly incessant yawning can be annoying. A side-effect I hadn't read about but being curious about it did some searching - apparently it's common.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I don't know about the PE being less visual. I tend to eat around 7 to 10 grams. And lay with eyes closed essentially in the same place DMT takes me.

As for cubes other than PE. I think they all vary a little between the degree of body or visual high in little doses. But if eaten enough they all take you to the same place.

And not exactly like DMT. More like going to a drive in movie on the inside of your eyelids that is showing you DMT land. While on DMT you are there. On mushrooms you can still get up and navigate your way to a bathroom if needed.