What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bedroom cupboard --> Perpetual grow

aliceklar

Here's the veg area currently, with a mix of cuttings, mothers, a Nitro Lemon Haze still waiting for a space in the flower area, a cute pitcher plant, and some baby chillies and tomatoes (because man cannot live by weed alone).

My first harvests coincided with lockdown, which in some ways was a blessing.. but also means I cant share with my friends... sigh. Honestly ive been a bit overwhelmed with the quantity of weed that it is possible to produce in such a tiny space, even given that I'm effectively doing cannabis bonsai here.

Spacing out / pruning the plants in flower a bit, and just increasing the amount of time that the fan is running, seems to have solved the humidity issue.

Have a couple of very pretty males in flower at the moment - a funky landrace sativa Johaar (J#1) (Real Seed Company) and a Pineapple Kush (PK#2) (MSNL) which I am planning to make seeds with (mothers will be Dance World, Medical Mass, Johaar (J#2 &3), RSC Highland Thai (HT#1-3), Pineapple Kush (PK#1)). Keeping them in an adjacent room, and waiting for them to pop...

Pineapple kush #2

Johaar #1

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82212&pictureid=2027502View Image

Here's the veg area currently, with a mix of cuttings, mothers, a Nitro Lemon Haze still waiting for a space in the flower area, a cute pitcher plant, and some baby chillies and tomatoes (because man cannot live by weed alone).

My first harvests coincided with lockdown, which in some ways was a blessing.. but also means I cant share with my friends... sigh. Honestly ive been a bit overwhelmed with the quantity of weed that it is possible to produce in such a tiny space, even given that I'm effectively doing cannabis bonsai here.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82548&pictureid=2025999View Image

Spacing out / pruning the plants in flower a bit, and just increasing the amount of time that the fan is running, seems to have solved the humidity issue.

Have a couple of very pretty males in flower at the moment - a funky landrace sativa Johaar (J#1) (Real Seed Company) and a Pineapple Kush (PK#2) (MSNL) which I am planning to make seeds with (mothers will be Dance World, Medical Mass, Johaar (J#2 &3), RSC Highland Thai (HT#1-3), Pineapple Kush (PK#1)). Keeping them in an adjacent room, and waiting for them to pop...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82296&pictureid=2027566View Image
Pineapple kush #2

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82446&pictureid=2027564View Image
Johaar #1
:yoinks: Looking great!

Reactions: Gry

OZZ_

Veteran
Nice work, great little setup. How’s that SF1000 working out for you?? I have one showing up tomorrow for a 2x2. I have a solsheet in there with a 120watt driver but I’m having issues with it and wanted to order in another light to swap out and see if it solves my problems. The SF1000 is only 100 watts though so slightly less powerful, so I’m wondering how it performs.

Have any better pics of your plants or buds harvested under it??

aliceklar

Nice work, great little setup. How’s that SF1000 working out for you?? I have one showing up tomorrow for a 2x2. I have a solsheet in there with a 120watt driver but I’m having issues with it and wanted to order in another light to swap out and see if it solves my problems. The SF1000 is only 100 watts though so slightly less powerful, so I’m wondering how it performs.

Have any better pics of your plants or buds harvested under it??

Thanks dude - it has been such fun. The SF1000 has been great. Surprisingly bright, and doesnt give off much heat (cool enough to touch, tho maybe not for too long!). Have harvested 5 plants now - currently there are 7 squeezed under it, with 2 due to be chopped this weekend.

Here are some pics:

aliceklar

So, update from Alice's cupboard with a couple more grows under my belt. The SF1000 Spider Farmer LEDs have been excellent. The first one is still going strong, and I added a couple more (newer models with the dimmer) replacing all the various bits of random LED I was using. Can't recommend them enough.

I've gone over to using Coco with Canna and Biobizz nutes, testing & adjusting pH and using a rainwater/tapwater mix, and the difference was crazy. Much healthier plants, and triple the yeild.

Before I start my next grow, I need to replace the extractor fan. I had a big Black Orchid "Silent" fan, which seemed OK (although nowhere near as quiet as had been claimed) until it just died after about 9 months fairly light use. So, that brand is dead to me now. What decent quality, value for money, quiet fans can you all recommend for a fairly small grow cupboard? I've been looking at Manrose fans - are they any good? Lots of folks seem to recommend them for extraction from showers, etc.

goingrey

I also have a "silent" fan (TT Silent-M) but it's not silent.

Well maybe the fan is relatively silent. But the moving air makes sound, more so than the motor, especially at the exhaust.

The thing that really helps is a silencer. Which has some challenges in a small space. They are a little bit bigger than a scrubber, and with one you can only pull not push through the scrubber (well unless you have an inline one).

Have had the fan for about a year and it has been pretty good so far FWIW. Especially like the speed controller feature. Not the cheapest though.

aliceklar

Limited availability where I am... ended up going for this - seems a v standard model, made of plastic but solidly built.
20221001_084526_4.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts