What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Greenthumb trustworty ?

TheDarkStorm

Evryone is entitled to ther opinions...and if wer not happy with somthing we shouldn't buy...the original poster asked a question...and those that can help will give ther input..be it good and bad.. but we dont need to argue between ourselves over the bad attitude of mr greenthumb...

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Breal is dr greenthumb...just look it up...keif sweat is someone else.. breal done the dr green thumb song

Absolutely dr greenthumb is a nickname that B-Real uses. It’s also a name of a Canadian breeder.

B-Real doesn’t do any breeding. There is a crew of very proficient and talented people in his/that crew. I don’t know how else to explain it to ya.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Humboldt Seed Organisation Em-Dog Dr Greenthumb's Em-Dog by B-Real of "Cypress Hill" is the cross between *OGK3* and a Chem#4.

B Real's friend and in house Cypress Hill breeder Keif Sweat has created this cross, some of the best and most expensive weed actually available in LA.

Keif Sweat is part of the Cypress Hill / Soul Assassins crew, and his product is being smoked by all of LA's top Dj's, musicians and celebrities.

Keif's mission is to continue the innovation of the OG Kush line, and this cross is the one that made B Real get so excited that he decided to put his name on it.

This powerhouse elite US clone is the result of his two favorite strains, the original OG Kush aka "the crippy" crossed with the Chem #4. This unique blend of both gassy top shelf flowers will remind you of the oldschool.

sshz

420giveaway
I've grown many of his things, you can also check Dr. Gruber's grows on RIU for many reviews. I've always gotten my beans from him, although it can take up to 2 weeks total after mailing the money. He is a dick, no doubt and has little patience for customers. His stuff overall is good, but it can be hit and miss. I think his ECSD is his best strain, but most are just fine. The G13 is OK, better known for yield than anything else. My only real complaint is his stuff is expensive, especially when compared to other breeders.

THC123

Veteran
He is a dick, no doubt and has little patience for customers.

I have noticed he is a real dick. He doesnt even properly answer mails. Never had such bad or unfriendly or slow service, it is like he just doesnt care. It has been almost a week now and I still havent passed my order.

His site is so oldskool, I just don't understand how it works.

I asked the guy if he would just explain, but apparently it is too much of an effort. I really want just ONE strain he has and I am going to make the order and then never again what a dick.

So, I read some of you did order there.

How the fuck does it work? So i have to print out the order form and fill it out and then send it with the post from europe all the way to canada. (ridiculous in the age of emails)
µ
But then, what happens then? You have to pay via money order (which I find weird). Do you pay after he receives the order? Do you get a confirmation that he received the order?

I swear if he fucks me over I am gonna buy a ticket to Canada and collect my money, I hate the guy already what a douche.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would not call him a penis, but his people skills are lacking. I recall sending him cash and just scribbled my order on piece of paper. If you give him cash he is gonna send you beans. I think if you sent him cash with the beans you want written down, a proper order would not even be needed.

LostTribe

Premium user
I know a couple folks that have made purchases in the past. They said his ECSD and the Pure OG he carries were representative of the lines.

It has also been well documented that Nevil and Jim Ortega aka dogless have acknowledged DR GT as having the pure G13 cutting. As with most G13 cuttings don't expect to find super sickly sweet growing plants. His description even says its not for everyone and that it does give off classic burnt tire smell. Some have reported high yielding plants.

I inquired at one time about the c99. All he said was it was original c99. I recently looked around the internet and found 1 grow with pics. Looks like a sativa leaning c99. I have a nice sativa leaning c99 or I would probably have jumped on them.

One plus side is he has lowered the price on most of his seeds. It used to be like $250 for 3 seeds of the g13 or something insane like that.

I would always recommend tracking with any seed purchases anywhere you choose to maintain integrity of the recipient.

Best
LT

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
One plus side is he has lowered the price on most of his seeds. It used to be like $250 for 3 seeds of the g13 or something insane like that.
LT

The first drop was 300 for 3. Said the price was so much due to selfing resulting in minimal seeds. There’s a g13 floating around my circle that’s exactly as you describe. A massive yielder with the burnt tire smell. Used for breeding. It’s definitely a head stash smoke and only the heads/growers usually go for it.

TheDarkStorm

His ECSD and G13 are legit as fuck.

Have you grown any of his gear?

I agree with you..I have personally smoked ecsd that has come from his plants and its very good..I dont dispute him having good genetic material...neither do I doubt the legitimacy of the g13...but all my experiences of the docs stuff wer from along time ago now.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Only thing of his I would say is super suspect was the OG s1. They are not really anything like the OG s1 I made myself from a verified cutting. The pack I sorted through was definitely a OG hybrid. Muted flavors was the biggest issue. Also I feel the flowers were a bit off. They didn’t have those overly exaggerated swollen calyx that OG is very typical of. Even in s1 seed.

Sundog

Some years ago placed a order over the phone with Dr Greenthumb. Didn't speak to him but a woman ( mrs greenthumb?). Payed with CC. Got my beans in two weeks or so. Iranian auto grew as expected.

As long as I can remember growers have been complaining about his customer service. He's probably just a grumpy old dude. Big deal, people need to stop being so sensitive about everything or just find another seed bank/ breeder.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I haven't heard much complaining about his genetics.

In these days of Amazon Prime, instant eTransfers and PayPal, we've been spoiled. Myself included. Even a wire transfer is too slow for me. And snail mail? Seems as slow as ordering Trainable Sea Monkeys or x-ray specs from the back of a comic book. WTF!

All I have to do is stop by his shop on my way home from the office and I'm complaining. I blame my old age. :D

(Please allow 6 weeks for delivery.)
seamonkeys.jpg
XRaySpecs.jpg

Yeah... I bought them both. lol.

THC123

Veteran
eah... I bought them both. lol.

So, were you able to train them? :biggrin: Did they please you :biggrin::biggrin: trololol yeah I remember those, just fucking shrimp in a bowl lol good marketing though

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
So, were you able to train them? :biggrin: Did they please you :biggrin::biggrin: trololol yeah I remember those, just fucking shrimp in a bowl lol good marketing though

Wish I thought about it. Dude made a killing. I bought all sorts of shit from comics. My potato gun was a blast until my mom took it away. Lol