What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In search of Florida Crippy

I'm from Florida and remember that real deal Florida Crippy from the '90s, I was a jitterbug back then, new to smoking but everyone had it in my area...specifically my dad sold pounds upon pounds of it, which is how I started smoking to begin with by grabbing handfuls of it out of his personal stash when no one was looking.

So I know there is much controversy over what the Crippy is or if it actually is a strain at all given that in modern times Crippy is a generic term for any kind bud in FL. But I can attest that it was definitely a strain, it was always consistent, the same bud every time you bought a bag back then no matter who was selling it, too consistent in taste & appearance to be myth or legend.

So I want to know if there are any legit Crippy seeds out there...I know it's considered a clone-only strain, and I'm specifically hunting for the Tampa Cut of Crippy, but I've heard various claims of S1 or Bx1 seeds available on the market. Specifically I've seen DNA Genetics Florida OG which is claimed to be a fem Crippy. Also I've heard that 808 Genetics has S1 & Bx1 seeds of what they call Crippy OG. I heard of a company called Sunshine State Seeds that may have a Crippy clone in their repertoire. My question is are any of these legit? Are there better contenders out there? Is it possible to purchase a legit Crippy cut? And are there any great Crippy crosses on the market?

I really want this nostalgic strain from my adolescent years, prolly more than any other strain out there, it is very near & dear to my early smoking career, so any help you can provide would be much appreciated...thanks IC-ers.

RonSmooth

Veteran
All the FL people i know use Crip to describe any high quality weed. It might be tough tracking down what you remember. I just got a text from FL with a photo of some "crip"

It was very bright green if I remember correctly. I might could find out where it came from.

Yes, as I said in my post, nowadays it has become a generic term for any Kind Bud...that happened because in the '90s the actual Crippy was in such high demand that street dealers began calling everything high grade Crippy as a marketing ploy to sell their product easier.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
This again... atleast ur asking not claiming ur dad made made it n u deserve full credit for og.... fukin supaclown was good for a laugh. .. but to answer you ?? Yes there is a crippy cut ...it was kept by a few oltimers who never shared it until recently. .,, it actually is startin to makes its rounds if u in the right circle...

Yeah noticed a lot of that bs on the various forums...would never make claims like that, just remember smoking it and would really love that cut. So no one has selfed it or back crossed it yet I take it? Wish I was in "the right circle" any idea how to get there? Lol.

I remember the real deal from back in those days, I lived in Deerfield Beach Florida and most if not all of my buddies hustled it for years, super tight needed scissors, had a distinct smell and taste and a pinner got you ripped! I would suggest checking onto the phonos of the TK kush lines (triangle Kush) I believe this is one of the original Florida 90's OG line and this is were the real "Krippy" came from back then. I am 45 and grew up in south Florida and me and my bud die were just discussing this line and how to acquire it back. Bodhi has a strain called Love Triangle and it uses the TK cut from way back I believe if this helps, good luck.

Yeah I was looking into the TK line, just because I also want a TK, unfortunately being in Florida still and not knowing many local growers I don't really have much of a way to acquire cuts at all...I was once gifted a Blue Dream cut from an emergency evacuation of a grow op on the verge of being busted, but it was so beat up that it didn't survive rooting.

S

stix~

fwiw :hotbounce

KRYPT ... before krypt was slang or called kryptonite , it was the name of a plant developed in washington in the 70's... specially to be grown indoors.... these great pot was flown into FL by pipe masters winning surfers... believe it or not :biggrin:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Idk what story to believe.,.. none r 100% fact.. .... judging from the plant n timeline. .. i always assumed it had some ties to the bunker weed gettin shipped all over the country,... which was tied back to cali.... never heard Washington at all before... but imo if it was created in Washington specifically for indoor growin.. they coulda done a better job.... if that was the case during that time they def shoulda put some nl in it for structure n stretch... fukin plant probably was the start for all the floppy branched shit we grow today..

Cannavore

Veteran
kryptonite i smoked a couple years back was lime green hella skunky og. made my face flush it was great smoke.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Just reread that... krypt n kryptonite r from wash but totally unrelated to crippies cut that blew up florida. ... i honestly believe that the Florida cut like the ny piff we will never get to the truth mainly cuz it wasnt available elsewhere n the ppl who were pumpin it out back in the day never gave a fuck bout genetics lines as long as they're killin it gettin paid with a cut ...,.. my money is on bagseed...lol..

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Was fuel skunk hint of some sortta sweet musk...
Krypt i had was still similar to og but had hints fruityness instead of the musk n not as fuely...... much bigger buds to...

Cannavore

Veteran
yeah i only had a quarter oz of "kryptonite" a few years back. i thought it was some of the best tasting flowers ive ever had.

the buds were more elongated and connected, and less "pyramid og" shape if memory serves right.

Blazeee

Veteran
I'm from Florida and remember that real deal Florida Crippy from the '90s, I was a jitterbug back then, new to smoking but everyone had it in my area...specifically my dad sold pounds upon pounds of it, which is how I started smoking to begin with by grabbing handfuls of it out of his personal stash when no one was looking.

So I know there is much controversy over what the Crippy is or if it actually is a strain at all given that in modern times Crippy is a generic term for any kind bud in FL. But I can attest that it was definitely a strain, it was always consistent, the same bud every time you bought a bag back then no matter who was selling it, too consistent in taste & appearance to be myth or legend.

So I want to know if there are any legit Crippy seeds out there...I know it's considered a clone-only strain, and I'm specifically hunting for the Tampa Cut of Crippy, but I've heard various claims of S1 or Bx1 seeds available on the market. Specifically I've seen DNA Genetics Florida OG which is claimed to be a fem Crippy. Also I've heard that 808 Genetics has S1 & Bx1 seeds of what they call Crippy OG. I heard of a company called Sunshine State Seeds that may have a Crippy clone in their repertoire. My question is are any of these legit? Are there better contenders out there? Is it possible to purchase a legit Crippy cut? And are there any great Crippy crosses on the market?

I really want this nostalgic strain from my adolescent years, prolly more than any other strain out there, it is very near & dear to my early smoking career, so any help you can provide would be much appreciated...thanks IC-ers.

Hey there bro, check out the adam dunn show on youtube, the history of og kush episodes 1-3, i cant rememember which episode, i think it may be the 1st they talk about the crippy in florida back in the early 90's? I hope that could be of help to you :tiphat: