What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Soil & Nutrients recommendations for new grower

rattu530

What soils do you guys recommend? I was thinking about using Roots Organic. I want something I can buy locally in Sacramento. I've seen a bunch of people have great success with Roots, i know a lot of people make their own soil but since I'm starting my first grow I want something thats ready to go! I'm also thinking about using Athena AG Nutrients with Power SI. Any thoughts? :headbange

kritios

Roots organics is good, I had good grows w it. You may have to fertilize later on in the grow as the plants flower or.

Idk those nutrients but someone else might.

wutwut

Veteran
420giveaway
i ve used only biobizz nutes so maybe it says something. they work in any soil.

rattu530

i ve used only biobizz nutes so maybe it says something. they work in any soil.

I just recently heard about biobizz, I've actually been considering that, how many plants should I grow in 5x10 space? I want to use 3 gallon pots with drip irrigation

kritios

What do you mean fertilize? Like amendments?

By fertilizer I just meant nutrients. I think when I grew in Roots I added a liquid organic nutrient (n, p & k) just before the plants went in to flower.

You could top dress amendments too.