What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help designing a hydro setup for my 30' x 36' GH.

juggernaut

So I plan to grow 14 sativas some 18 wks and big.

Next are the indica and crosses 14 and med to large size
2 times.may to July

about 25 ft2 a plants and salivas 36ft2

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Is the soil reasonable? You might be able to correct the ground after getting a lab report. Then a minimal drip system could be enough, with watering can of food every so often.

One of my first considerations would be physical space and access. I guess there will be rows, and there is only so far you can reach over plants, before you fall in. Sometimes a frame offers you as much support as the plants. Then we have the suns path. Your south side might be well lit but the east in shadows. It all needs thinking about to position them. Perhaps it will be 4 rows of 7. giving each plant a 4x4 area and access from two sides.

That's 7 plants that can have a mess of services running between them as you only walk round the outside.

Do you have the water capacity to flood/drain gravel beds. Perhaps dripping into something is all you can do. Each may want a 10 gallon pot with a coco/pebble mix. The pebbles to stop compaction. If you go compost you may want 15 gallon and everybody will tell you I size pots too small.