What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ivar The sneaky, stealth growbox @66w SiL

bajson

Today i cut them down, the Amnesia at day 80ish and Ak47 at day 90ish after a two week flush.

Here they both got a rough trim job, i did a little bit more before i performed a bud wash on them. First bucket is water, pure lemon juice and bicarbonte. The next two buckets is pure water, dip the plants up and down for 30-60 seconds in each bucket, give them a shake then hang to dry. Iam not the inventor of this metod but ive used it before with great results.

First up is the Amnesia.

T2WTypr.jpg

Pmjpcuv.jpg

Ak47.

qLmvOPT.jpg

8BoqWam.jpg

Washing removes dust, hair, flies and all other stuff thats been sticking to the plants during their lifetime.

qYbYtC1.jpg

So far by look and feel this is the best run ive done in the cab, i will return in a few weeks with a dry weight to finish this third run off. Over and out.

f2obsession

Very beautiful little "ganja-factories". Accidentally 2 of my favorite strains.

But can I ask, what is this lemon-bicarbonate dipping method for? I mean, what is the purpose of it?

bajson

Very beautiful little "ganja-factories". Accidentally 2 of my favorite strains.

But can I ask, what is this lemon-bicarbonate dipping method for? I mean, what is the purpose of it?

Thank you, i am quite happy with how the cab is working for me:).
I actually wrote the reason for the wash in my post. In this case it was mostly to remove fungus gnats that was sticking to the buds. But it also removes dust, hair and all other things getting stuck to the buds during flower.

El Tigre

What beautiful clusters of flowers that you pulled out!
Enjoy those buds.
I have listened about washing buds before, but never did it in part because I was afraid, a little bit because I'm lazy and I thought that I didn't really need it (no pests - intake filtered...).

I could give a try with some buds just to see the difference when it comes next harvest.

Can you please tell me proportion of lemon juice, bicarbonate and water you are using?:tiphat:

bajson

What beautiful clusters of flowers that you pulled out!
Enjoy those buds.
I have listened about washing buds before, but never did it in part because I was afraid, a little bit because I'm lazy and I thought that I didn't really need it (no pests - intake filtered...).

I could give a try with some buds just to see the difference when it comes next harvest.

Can you please tell me proportion of lemon juice, bicarbonate and water you are using?:tiphat:

Many thanks El Tigre, the buds came out frosty and very dense so cant complain about that :tiphat:.

The proportion is 12,5ml lemon juice(i use pure ekological 100% juice with no pulp in it) per liter of water and 15g bicarbonate per liter of water. Here on the pics i used 10L buckets. First two buckets i put lukewarm water and the last bucket is cold water. I too was a little afraid the first time i used this method but as long as you got good air circulation when drying the plants there is nothing to worry about. It is a bit more labour and I dont do it every harvest only when i feel it is required, this time becasue of fungus gnats.

bajson

great job! :peacock:

keen on the yield for sure! what's next? :tiphat:

Thanks alot, will surely return with a weight when its dry and cured for a little bit. :)
As for what is next i got some regular photoperiod seeds i really would like to try out, but nothing is decided yet tho. Trying to convince myself i should take a break from growing over the summer becasue i still got buds left from the last harvest and my consumption is nonexisting at the moment due to some stuff in my personal life.. Buuuut that is easier said then done when u got seeds to try and you really love growing..:D

noknees

Trying to convince myself i should take a break from growing over the summer becasue i still got buds left from the last harvest and my consumption is nonexisting at the moment due to some stuff in my personal life.. Buuuut that is easier said then done when u got seeds to try and you really love growing..:D

at worst, everything would get a nice long cure for rainy day. hard to imagine having too much good homegrown from a micro setup in times like these. hope all is well!

f2obsession

Oh sorry, I missed it between the pictures.

Thx for the info. Sometimes i get some perlite on the buds because dried soil surface, and high ventillation. Thanks to You, now I have a clue what to do in those cases.

PCBuds

Here they both got a rough trim job, i did a little bit more before i performed a bud wash on them. First bucket is water, pure lemon juice and bicarbonte. The next two buckets is pure water, dip the plants up and down for 30-60 seconds in each bucket, give them a shake then hang to dry. Iam not the inventor of this metod but ive used it before with great results.

I've got to try this !!
My plant is covered with all kinds of cat hair and other crap.

I think I've got everything I need without having to leave the house.

Can I ask for a clarification of your recipe ?

Is that 1 Tbsp of baking soda and 3 tsp of lemon juice per liter?

(I don't want to use my scale... but I've got measuring spoons. Lol)

PS... I'm not going to wash off all my hippy crack am I? Lol.

bajson

I've got to try this !!
My plant is covered with all kinds of cat hair and other crap.

I think I've got everything I need without having to leave the house.

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/c4vZq5pj/20200411-132844.jpg]View Image[/url]

Can I ask for a clarification of your recipe ?

Is that 1 Tbsp of baking soda and 3 tsp of lemon juice per liter?

(I don't want to use my scale... but I've got measuring spoons. Lol)

PS... I'm not going to wash off all my hippy crack am I? Lol.

Sounds like you got the mesaurments down but i cant speak on the baking soda vs bicarbonate. According to google it seams there goes twice the amount of baking soda to bicarbonate when baking, i dont know how that would translate in this case. And no, you wont loose any of the good stuff unless you bang the buds into the side or bottom of the buckets.

piramidon

recidivist icmag - OUT-ist convins - microgrower
Veteran
Another good thread with a proper finish, great work man!

The results are speaking for themselves. :good: :tiphat:

bajson

New life in the cab, il let the pics do the talking. Three regular and one fem seed has just sprouted, photoperiod this time.

Z5BCNSU.jpg

PS9p6uS.jpg

The plan is to pot them up to 2 liter pots, let them root nicely in there then flip to 12/12. Hopefully a girl or two then use lst to control the height on them. :tiphat:

bajson

Today it was time for the little ones to move to a new home, aka 2 liter pots and their final resting place before flowering.

Ni5TMG7.jpg

:tiphat:

bajson

And now after 14 days of drying and curing the the last harvest is stable at 62% rh in the jars.

Amnesia.

6OYnTyp.jpg

Ak47.

UQEKtKg.jpg

The title on this thread is not correct, was probably stoned while i wrote it:rasta:, because i am using 60watt of lights. But cant seem to edit that. So the result is Amnesia 34g + Ak47 43g = 77g from 60watts worth of sils.

:tiphat: