What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Chimera strain mélange.

ULMW

Gwaaan Jahaze!!! Lovely selection and great details and info on each. Enjoy your bounty!

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Jpine week 8

Jpine week 8

Another quick update on the Jack Pine...this is week 8. So as we can see, the plants has started to fade a bit and I'm hoping that within the next 14-21 days shes ready to chop. She is still putting on some new growth but is has slowed considerably. I did take a couple of buds from an upper branch and one from a lower part just so I have an idea of how she is at week 8...Ill post those once they dry enough to smoke. Ill do it again at week 9 just before the anticipated chop. In the picture you will see the flowering plant and 2 clones at different stages of growth. The flowering plant was flowered at about the same height as the clone in the solo cup. I have another clone i am letting grow bushier so I can hopefully get better yield. I plan on tying it down so I maintain the even canopy. Well that's it for now...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Fighting Buddha #1

Fighting Buddha #1

This is the FB1 plant at week 8. I flipped this plant into flowering at the same time I did the Jpine. As you can see not much really going on except a touch of fade as she enters the final stages. The lower buds are less developed than the Jpine but that must be due to light penetration. I had an extra LED light focused on the JPine. This plant was also flowered shorted and younger than the other two fighting buddhas which I'll post in a couple weeks as they are only in week 6 I believe. All in all I am really happy with this plant. She started to flower about day 17 or so if I remember and has been perfect in every way growth and health wise. There is a touch of a limey floral note along with the berry form the pollen donor. Very nice smell...the other two also have the smell but FB3 is developing something different that I'll note when I put up pictures.

Fighting Buddha #1:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
update on other plants

update on other plants

So i forgot to post pictures of the last couple plants that were chopped recently but I will note a couple things from each and when I am ready to share my full smoke evaluation I will post a bud shot as well.

Melody Kush x BH. I have 2 plants that I was running. The 1st one I culled before flowering because I didn't like the growth structure for my small flower room so I took cuttings and they rooted but have been super slow to respond to my training. Started to preflower and am having a tough time switching her back. The MelKushxBH2, which I flowered to completion has a nice mix of the mom and pollen donor. The clone was doing fine but I left it too long in the container and it began to preflower as well. I think the Melody Kush maybe the culprit as I did a few MelKushx Jack and another one of those also had preflower tendencies. I did have one that I kept for a while with no problems so who knows...could just be me. Smoke report to follow.

Warlock x BH: Had a few test nugs and I am really excited with this one as it has really good potency, excellent taste and the type of buzz I was looking for. The effect is a bit cerebral at first with a nice body buzz that doesn't weigh me down. Taste is a funky berry taste with an almost fuely note but softer. The only real negative I have with this particular plant was the yield was poor. This particular plant will benefit from more veg time and a lager plant before the flip as she hardly stretched at all. Super frosty and super tasty as well so she will be run again bigger and better I hope.

SLK x BH...Excellent! Taste, effect are ideal for me. Piney but not over the top and has a smooth complex taste as she burns...really top quality. I think the blockhead contribution was minimal or at least not expressing itself as much with this one. Very balanced effect but complex and really top self. I will post pics and a full report in time but this was a good plant. So far the best one but it is also the one I cut first and has had a bit of time to start the cure process. Definitely getting another run!

Cheese x BH: this just came down a couple of days ago so I haven't tried her yet. She had much better growth than the warlock and kinda the same smell profile but with more or a skunky nose to her. Not as strong a smell as the warlock but a better plant to grow I think. Will see if its better than the warlock.

Haze x SS what can I say...Im a sucker for the incensey quality of the SS and this plant has the most beautiful bouquet of any SS cross to include the lemon cellos. Lemon funk and incense! doesn't have the church smell I'm after ( I did pull one a while back) but I simply can not stop putting my nose to this plant. I cut it down along with the cheese x BH. The haze went for 15 weeks but I know i will be rewarded...I can smell it!

Mental Floss x BB cut down with the warlock and tried a sample but really was not ready. The effect where a touch on the heavy side which I was not expecting but I also let the plant go about 11 weeks because I didn't have time to take her earlier. Checked this morning and the smell was strong astringent mix with a petrol type smell along with the hay smell of uncured bud. I will wait to comment further on this until she be ready.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Very nice as usual Jahaze..

SLK for the win?
I'm sure there will be better warlock/blox plants in the other seeds.

Interesting to see the MF x BH was so heavy. Was she a heavy yielder?

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Very nice as usual Jahaze..

SLK for the win?
I'm sure there will be better warlock/blox plants in the other seeds.

Interesting to see the MF x BH was so heavy. Was she a heavy yielder?

Kal..the warlock is really good...only complaint was yield but that can be remedied. Taste and effect are perfect for me. Yeah the melody was not what I was expecting having grown the half sibling but there is always an outlier. She did produce nicely and has good flavor so i really want to give it another go. If I can get them to perform well in veg which I'm having trouble with I can get a better idea of what the cultivar has to offer. As you know I am a fan of the melody x jack. As for the slk x bh...really good evening meds for sure. Still have the cheese, haze and mental floss crosses to try but in the meantime I'll roll a fat piece and let the slk essence waft over me as it transports me to magic land.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Great show Jahaze!

Looking forward to hearing how Jack Pine smokes for you and your overall impressions. But big thanks for showing the Warlock x Blockhead. It was on my list but never made it to the short list... now if that Crazy Carl would just show himself for at least one more crazy crazy promo... I heard rumors...

Keep up the excellent work!

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Pine Skunk x Jack Week 9

Pine Skunk x Jack Week 9

This is the weekly update for the Jpines now at week 9. The plant is ready for harvest. It will be a few more days until I have some time but the trichomes are all cloudy with maybe 30 % amber and a few clear heads here and there. I smoked the test nugs from week eight and can confirm I have a heavy knock out drug. The taste obviously was not developed but it was a piney floral but not sweet taste. Smell on plant is a loud skunky pine and acrid funk. I can't detect any of the sweet fruitiness the Jack many times imparts. She is a hungy plant as you can see from the last 3 weeks she has started to cannibalize her leaves. I amended the soil heavily at the beginning but never supplemented nutrients during the flowering stage...an adjustment I may have to make on the next run.

Sample nug wk8: the sample was dry enough to smoke but had zero cure. The purpose was to check effect at week 8. The initial effect is a nice full body feel with a decent head component. Doesn't feel weighty at all. Feels like I could function albeit medicated. Taste really wasnt a consideration at this point but it is certainly piney through and through. No sweetness at all from the Jack that I could pick up. The crushed bud stunk up the room while I was rolling. The initial effect is kinda up and down with maybe a touch of raciness but not overwhelming. The wife and I smoked a piece while watching netflix and about 1.5 hours in she was struggling to keep her eyes open. It hit me about 45 mins later as a deep relaxing wave of warmth before I too feel under her spell. We both slept like babies that night. I think this may be a pine skunk leaner which would be great since the other 3 seeds turned out male. I will comment more on effect and especially taste after it has had a good cure.

This is the plant at week 9 and will be cut in the next couple days. I have another cut already in flower in a bigger container (2gals) and will post once she blooms. I added a picture of the small underdeveloped buds near the bottom to illustrated how sugar coated they are and to show their maturity. The bottom buds are also ready for harvest even though they are obviously much smaller. I like when the whole plant finishes at the same time.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Fighting Buddha day 70 12/12

Fighting Buddha day 70 12/12

After 10 full weeks in flower it has come time to chop the gal. This is one of three females i pulled from 4 seeds. The other two are couple weeks from finish. This plant went in the same time as the jack Pine above. She was ready maybe 5 days ago but let her go to see what she did. Late stage trich production was good but she started to throw new growth so down she came. All in all this was a no fuss grow as she seemed to like her mix and used up the nutes nice and steady. Her lower buds where respectable in size and nicely coated. She did well enough without any added ferts but going forward I may hit it between weeks 4-6 with some really mild compost tea and see if it makes a difference. Also, she will do good as 4-5 long branches in my setup putting out more than twice the yield. She has a fizzy citrus and candied berry smell. I certainly get the blueberry side but the light fizzy scent I imagine is coming from the burmese mom. Mild compared to more modern cultivars but smells so good in its simplicity that its inviting...cant wait to smoke.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Loving those Fighting Buddha's..

They can be very sweet in the smell dept. There can be some really interesting traits found in FB. I remember mayan getting a really short fat cultivar that had these tremendous bulbous tops, a lot different from the normal spear headed types, obviously a BB leaner. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on their soft but high flying effect.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Wanted to update the thread since it has been a while. I have tasted all the plants that made it through flower and there were a few that will continue and some that will not for various reasons. I think I will group these a bit different and at the end give some feedback. Keep in mind this is my personal preference on a small population from each cultivar.

Best Taste:
Haze x SS
Melody Kush x BH
Warlock x BH

Best Effect:
Haze x SS
Cheese x BH
SLK xBH

Strongest Effect:
SLK x BH
Pine Skunk x JK
Warlock x BH

The real stand out plants were the Haze, SLK, Melody, Cheese and Pine Skunk. These five plants where the most enjoyable in smoke and effect. The Warlock while very powerful and tasty had some shortcomings: poor growth and the high was somewhat linear compared to the others. Its a creeper and catches you off guard with an intense head high that is disorienting. Had the effect been a touch more complex I would have put up with the poor growth because the taste is a nice fruity berry flavor with an affie twist. The Melody was the biggest disappointment. Not in taste, effect or potency or even production but in veg. Both plants had a serious tendency to preflower in veg. While this trait is not uncommon and I usually resolve it by putting the cuttings in fabric containers and it seems to work great. Both the SLK and Pine Skunk did this but once in the fabric containers they quickly revegged. Not with the Melody x BH. Once the preflower signal was received the plant just didnt want to revert back to vegetative growth. The best plant of the two had this trait and frustrated me because it was a sweet honey kush with strong hash notes that begged to be smoked. Outstanding day time kush without putting you to sleep. Too bad but they had to go. I did not have this issue with the Melody x Jack in the past. The mental floss x BB was not a bad plant but was just a middle of the road offspring and when compared to the others in this group just wasn't on par. Of the three fighting buddha plants only one was memorable. Plant FB#2 has the best effect compared to her sisters with a nice focused but enjoyable high. It doesn't have the blueberry taste but has a nice floral and a bit funky taste with is actually quit nice. I was looking for daytime smoke when I ran the buddhas and while I got some good candidates they where unfortunately up against what turned out to be a great cultivar....the HazexSS.

Haze x SS: The plant flowered for 15 weeks and showed no displeasure in my LED environment. Very vigorous veg growth and adapts well to watering and feeding and had no problem in my colder room over the winter. Excellent node spacing and she fills in nicely and evenly. While in flower the smell leans almost entirely toward the sweet skunk side with the funky sweet lemon and incense perfume filling the air. Once cut and dry this plant is simply one I cant seem to get enough of. The lemony profile caries well into the taste during the smoke but there is a floral component with some elusive spiced note that is fleeting but comes though on every light. The effect is fast with the sensation felt immediately in the head and a strong feeling of euphoria. The effect builds and a soft buzzing type energy travels through the body giving you a sense of well being. This thing changes my mood and allows me to focus and decompress without muddying the mind. I can smoke this all day and stay productive and feel great without burnout. This medicine is strong and if you consume too much too quickly it can get a touch racy ( it fades quickly though). Lasts and last...a gram joint will last me about 6 hours during the day and the fade is so clean it feels like I haven't smoked at all. Great for mood, makes me happy, very good for pain and clean. What else could I ask for? oh yeah...the smell this thing pumps into the air when it burns is the icing on the cake. Thick luxurious incense that clings to you and everything it touches. Smoke this in a closed room and you'll be rewarded with an unforgettable experience. Not discrete however as I found out after finishing off a piece in my car before heading into a food market...people will smell this on you from a distance.

Cheese x BH: 10 weeks and had more a broad spreading type of growth but produced nicely just the same. Skunk influence in this plant is obvious. Didn't have the cheese smell everyone mentions but had a sour skunk note with a fruity background. After a month cure this really turned out to be great. There is chocolate hash note that hits you when you open the jar. The smoke has a sour fruity berry thing going on with an earthy hash taste...overall very good taste and layered. The effect starts in the head as well but has a more relaxing effect than the haze. It almost feels mellow but but that gives way to an uplifting energy that allows you to smoke this during the day with out zapping your energy. Another feel good effect but this one can be a touch introspective but doesn't shut you out like the Special K x Jack I ran a while back. I love smoking this when socializing as everyone ends up up with that that stupid cheshire cat grin. Both this and the warlock had a similar ramp up effect but the warlock stayed aggressively strong and the cheese takes you on a journey and lets you explore the mind. Really good party weed although can make you a bit tired after a day of toking. The potency is really good as well so overall a good find and she will be run again.

SLK x BH: 10 weeks flower. Unique pine smell in flower that caries over into the smoke. Very very strong cannabis! This and the Pine Skunk I would recommend to those that are looking for a strong cultivar. The SLK was a bit more balanced than the Pine Skunk and better tasting. I can smoke this at night with great sleep guarantied to follow. Excellent resin production and overall easy care and still get good results. The Pine Skunk was a touch more fickle in feeding but came in about a week earlier. Both are great and will get run again but both the wife and I like the SLK more so it will probable stay around long after the Pine Skunk is gone.

pinkus

Veteran
Nice!

I have two Lemoncello in veg, but I have downsized quite seriously and only flower three plants at a time. And I tend to like really long flowering plants, so they are at least 6 months from being smokable.

I killed the one Lullablox I had flowered. Again, because of my limited flowering slots. She was a nice plant, but no density meant it all smoked fast. I have one more that I thought had shown a ball or two, but after plucking them over 5 months ago, no signs of any preflowers. So it seems likely that it is a female or the most reluctant male I have ever seen.

The three plants I have in flower now are: my mainstay, a (mexicanhighland x BB)x(grapefruit xBB) that is generally called trademark. It has (to me) a wintergreen flavor that I used to get from mexi green spears as a teen. The other two are TM x (GG#4x?). It is very likely the questionmark in question was a La Niña x Yummy. One of those smells like an amped up version of trademark, the other smells of cloves.

I have some Congo x BH I really want to try, but until I have more slots it could be a long, long time. :bandit:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
That was such an excellent run down Jahaze. Thanks for taking the time to put it together :)

I think the Warlock/BH would give better results with more tested. Glad the cheese/BH did well, I think you’re the first to grow it.

Again, SLK deserves a good look I think. :) Did you get any pics of the SLK/BH?

G

growhigh1233

haze x ss.....................time and time again that rings peoples bell ........... 1 the best seed lines available today imo

and the sweet skunk s1 ....if you find the right pheno

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Hi everyone...sorry for the lack of updates, I have been away from the forums for a bit. I just chopped down my XL and a Pure x BH I've been running for a bit. I have a new blockhead OP female from my last pack going into flower soon which Ill show. I have the SLK and Cheese in veg right now studying their growth habit and will probably flower them in a few weeks. the SLK likes the root space and will preflower mildly if constrained, but once in fabric pots ( or larger container) its fine. The cheese doesn't seem to care..it just grows slowly when contained but explodes when given room. Been playing with other stuff not chimera related so havent really posted anything new but that will be changing soon. I have some Oaxaca x BB and Congo x (SS, Jack) which will be my focus in the coming months. Also have a couple of cookie S1 seeds left from the initial release a while back that I need to get through since i miss the taste and effect. Currently working through some other cultivars but nothing worth noting.

ps...one of the burmese x bb plants has turned into a keeper after a month cure. The Fighting Buddha #3 plant is really really nice. The high is excellent!

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Slk x BH week 5

Slk x BH week 5

This the slk x bh from the previous post. About a week ago she was thin and scrawny but a couple days into week 5 and she has started to fill out nicely. Next run I'll try 3 prominent colas instead as those spears look like they will pack weight. I also like the structure and form of the cola with alternating and spiralling bud sites allowing for a bigger flower set. Last run she went about 10 weeks or so but this girl may finish a tad earlier. Effect is incredibly potent but wears off clean with no noticeable hangover the next day...good for late day and evening smoke.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Bhop week 6

Bhop week 6

Lone gall from last pack of blockhead open pollination release. Plant vegged a decent amount of time but stayed short and shout. She stated smelling like the grapefruit side or her makeup but lately she has developed an afghan sweet smell. The plant has nice thick leaves and is producing some nice sugar. Nothing more really..this is the 1st run so I'll know more after I taste her.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Pure kush x BH x (tikal)

Pure kush x BH x (tikal)

This is a pollen chuck plant of a couple i have going. This one is a pure kush BH with pollen from guatemalan equatorial plant Tikal. The mom was a chunky, fuel monster that only grew like a bean stalk so I didn't keep her. I have another purexbh I liked better and has better form but yield low. The plant in this cross was very productive so I decided to hit it with a viney, branching male to see happens. Didn't work, another pole plant with a chunky head. Probably won't keep the plant but I hope the smoke is nice so this would have been worth the effort.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I would say self it to test for heterozygosity but I think the time for that has past...

If you have any of the remaining BH open pollination material you should keep it. I'm opening my pack in a couple months. Maybe we can work it further

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Good to see you Jahaze :)

Loving the SLK x Blox
Be great to see if this cross threw out a short expression and a great leaf/flower ratio. Is she smelling tropical?

The Pure Kush/BH x Tikal looks as if the flowers are very resin laden at least. Don’t look as if anyone would have trouble smoking them ;)