What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first grow box

Athos

I don't think so, 11 liters is enough for my purposes, if I up pot, it might grow too much for the space I have.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
I take it back. I was under the impression that it was a smaller pot. I understand now how wrong I was.

Have you looked into how much this particular strain stretches?

Athos

Well After 9 weeks of veg, I switched to 12/12, with so much LST I'm not sure of the real height of the plant so I decided against more veg. The plant barely seems to be stretching, that could be the new light, the continued use of LST. Anyway Here are some pictures, what do you all think?

Day 60

Day 63 - Plucked some lower leaves that were drying up and were showing nutrient deficiencies, Potassium I think.

Dat 07 of flower

Day 10 of flower

Athos

Week 7 is done.

Here's a couple of pictures. The buds are rock hard, I'm checking the thricomes daily, since I know they will turn cloudy any day now.

Athos

Nice buds! Thanks for sharing that video with the theory of autos and flowering, very interesting.

You are welcome. I'm wondering what I can do for the buds to get bigger, I think I have to increase the light - plant distance. Any thoughts?

El Tigre

You are welcome. I'm wondering what I can do for the buds to get bigger, I think I have to increase the light - plant distance. Any thoughts?

Hi Athos, giving a general advice for bigger buds is hard. In any case i don't think that increasing light amount is the solution. I think i'm going to decrease total wattage soon in my tent, these SILs can cause easily light burn. Looking at your current grow i think that strain (mostly indica) and technique don't match very well. Looks like mainlining/mainfolding is working better when plants can strectch more. Also some defoliation could help with a thick canopy like yours... more light/air usually means more (or bigger) buds. My two cents.

kalimanjero

Aloha Athos! I tried to PM u but couldn't make it so i m replying this message to have your opinion about a problem of mine.
I am new to these so please bare with me :)
I would like to LST my plants. at the same time I should switch to a new pot which is a fabric pot. so the question is when should i start to lst? right now with current small pot or switch to new bigger fabric pot and wait for a while for adjusting the stress and all approximately 2 weeks and 2 weeks later start lst?
I am growing a random bag seed btw not a autoflower or anything special. And it is my first time. I enjoy a lot. I built a similar set up to yours. Thanks for the inspiring postings. Cheers!

Athos

The usual answer is that you start as soon as you can, that been when the plant is tall enough to bend it, but that does not help you much. Usually you can start doing LST during the 3d week. I would only start after it goes into its final container.

kalimanjero

The usual answer is that you start as soon as you can, that been when the plant is tall enough to bend it, but that does not help you much. Usually you can start doing LST during the 3d week. I would only start after it goes into its final container.

Thank you :)

kalimanjero

Hola Athos,
I need your advice. It is my first time i grow anything and i failed big time.
Please check the photos of my girls and help me out what i am doing wrong. Over a night leafs collapsed. I dont know what to do :(

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 43

kalimanjero

What did you do before they looked like that? It looks like severe over watering or transplant shock

Thank you for the reply man.
I am growing 2 random bag seeds. I am at the flowering stage of 3 weeks i guess. I have a 100cm*60cm*40cm stealth box and at the vegetative stage and begining of flowering until yesterday i used 9 * 14w, 1521lumen, 6500k philips led bulbs, now i started to use 9 * 11w, 990 lumen 3000k oem led bulbs. Heat is around 25 C at the night cycle, and 29-30 C at day cycle. For a week or so, days are geting hotter in here so temperature of the set up is also increasing. And i started to use a fan and able to lower it around 29-30 C again. but one day it have gone around 35 C.

Tips of the leaves were getting yellower, like burning. So i googled it and might give a chance on PH deficiency, it looked like ph of the soil is higher than it should be. i have a primitve gauge for ph, light and moist. I have watered it a day before but i mixed 0,5lt water with some grape vinegar and give it anyway. and the next day i watered it again with 1 lt water and 3 tbspoon of grape vinegar to lower the ph of the soil.

when the day cycle hit 35 C, i have also watered with my mixture. and that is when everything went downways. next day my girls leaves droped , some curled and turn in to yellowish.

What do you think i should do starting from now?

Latest posts

Latest posts