Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > Asking for a few good vibes and prayers sent my way

Thread Title Search
Asking for a few good vibes and prayers sent my way Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2017, 05:42 PM #1
paper thorn

paper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to behold
Asking for a few good vibes and prayers sent my way

the wife was supposed to make this thread for me while i was in the hospital, but she was busy with things related to my condition.

i feel weird writing this, because i hate asking for sympathy, and this forum seems to have become a place for peeps to mourn the passing of movie stars and singers.

on jan 9, i suffered a stroke.

i can type, but i'm kinda fucked up.

i can walk with a walker and someone holding a belt around my chest so i don't fall over.

sucks for an active guy like me. just was getting a routine at a great job, where i had 1 or 2 weeks a manth to go rockhounding. my hobby.

that's gone now, at least for the next few months as i recover.

it was brain stem stoke that gave me defecits on both sides. the right side of my face is numb, but my mouth doesnot droop nor do i drool. yay.

i wobble when i walk. i'll fall easily without help. water hurts my left side, weird huh? i have some double vision in the right side of my field of view. it makes me feel high in a bad way.

I was 18 days in the hospital, a week+ in the rehab unit. i have a couple more home visits from a nurse and the physical therapy, occupational threapy and speech therapy folks. The pt is helping, and the docs say someday i may be able to walk without falling, but i'll still have to use the walker.

i try not to get depressed and not to feel sorry for myself, but it's tough.

I'm only 57, a tad young even for my fam's history, to be afflicted so.

even though this post is long, it is hard to concentrate this long.

My boy has redesigned my grow room so i can go out there and wheel around on my walker seat. thank God for him, he's really stepped up.

i'm thankful that i've gone from 'nothing by mouth' to puree to mechanically altered(chopped) food.
They had put a PEG tube in my stomch to put 'food' directly into my stomach, but a night of vomiting dislodged it and i got a quart or so of 'food' pumped betwee my stomsch asn abdoman wall. got infected, shit was gushing out of my stomach around where the tube went in. a catscan and n hour later they had me in an OR pulling that bitch out. thank goodness they had upgraded me to puree by then, so they did not have to reinstall one.

never get pureed french toast, yuck.

well, i've been home for a week and still keep worrying that this fucked up feelins permanant.

wife tells me i have 45 minutes till my first post hosp. discharge doctor visit. so i have to go, love you guys,

pt / hazy

NFT, Bubba, rocks, cats, dogs and stuff Current Grow (sorta)

Old Seeds, New Strains (not) current grow OLD thread

Come on son 3600 watts OLDER thread

Great song, check it out.

Ray Hubbard singing Beauty Way

Quote:
im babbling again i see,better get to trimming....and some rush 2112!
unclefishstick

Rachel Flotard sing Anchor Song, she's so perfect, maybe it's the hair

Blaze Foley singing WW3, cool song
paper thorn is offline Quote

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:50 PM #2
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
good vibes R being sent 2 u... my ex-wife just suffered a stroke as well she is in the hospital 3 weeks so far left side of her brain is impacted

peace from ~star~crash~
~star~crash~ is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:50 PM #3
cravin morehead

cravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of light
damn bro, 57 is young for that... sorry to hear. at least you are still here. keep your head up and keep pushing yourself. good family and friends will keep you fighting...

cm

all hydro systems boil down to two things imo, 1) the system!!! 2) the operator!!! And one ain't worth a plug nickel without the other... BigToke

My current grow Super Sour Berry 47 bio bucket style :
www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338573

A sad state of affairs. A crippled America. A pipe dream buttfucked.
Immune. Stronger than all.
A lament for a rookie officer, punk ass weak little lamb.
For the mob, truly, does rule at this particular time.
We've grown into a monster. An arrogant, explosive motherfuck.
Hard as a rock. Shut like a lock.

Pantera
cravin morehead is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2017, 05:52 PM #4
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
My boy has redesigned my grow room so i can go out there and wheel around on my walker seat. thank God for him, he's really stepped up.
Awesome.

Sorry to hear....takes quite a while to recuperate from stroke depending on several factors. Being able to watch your plants grow will be beneficial for accomplishing something (attitude). Half the battle right there.

Good luck with rehab....do all you can to regain most/part of what you lost. Thoughts and prayers uttered.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 11 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2017, 06:09 PM #5
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
I wondered what happend with our resident Thorn & I sure didn't expect this news.

It sounds like your on the road to recovery now but you'll still be facing difficult times ahead. I'm happy you've got some family that is able/willing to help. That'll be all the difference in the world.

Keep your head up & your food down.
Best wishes on your road to recovery.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2017, 06:15 PM #6
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Keep positive Thorn! 57 is still early in the game of life, one step at a time. Stay motivated and keep a smile on your face!

Peace
GC

Old 02-02-2017, 06:24 PM #7
DARKSIDER

DARKSIDER is a name known to allDARKSIDER is a name known to allDARKSIDER is a name known to allDARKSIDER is a name known to allDARKSIDER is a name known to allDARKSIDER is a name known to allDARKSIDER is a name known to allDARKSIDER is a name known to allDARKSIDER is a name known to allDARKSIDER is a name known to allDARKSIDER is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Best wishes and Best of Good Luck sent to you and your family for a speedy recovery.

Connoisseur Genetics.. old school haze X casey jones tester completed
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=351788
DARKSIDER is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2017, 06:56 PM #8
Hermanthegerman
Dont fake the funk!

Hermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivor
I wish you all the best! Remember, step by step is way.
Hermanthegerman is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2017, 07:52 PM #9
sdd420

sdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud of
sdd420 has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Really glad you're okay and pray that you get better soon. Yes rehab is very hard so keep on the sunny side . Peace sdd

dont count the days make the days count
Legal medical patient

_________
“Make the most you can of the Indian hemp seed and sow it everywhere.” – George Washington
"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." - Thomas Jefferson
"Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica.” – Abraham Lincoln
sdd420 is offline Quote

Old 02-03-2017, 12:52 AM #10
paper thorn

paper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to behold
sorry to hear that star-crash, hope she has some form of recovery. thanks for your concern

cravin~ thanks brother, definitely have a big advantage with good friends and fam helping

aridbud~ doing the pt etc for rehab is tough, but my wife is helping me keep on track

thanks so much MJP

growingcrazy~ doctor showed me pics of kirk douglas who had a stroke, recovered well enough to sort of talk and just turned 100, so , i mean, I can talk pretty good, so i guess i'm 'lucky'

DARKSIDER, Herman, sdd420~ I thank you all. Seriously, to read some positive things means more than you guys can ever know.

Makes me want to work harder at walking and swallowing. my thighs are so weak from sitting in a bed so long, no food at all for the first 7 days made my body cannibalize my muscles, so it's hard to walk not only because of the wobbliness but the weakness.

but all i need is a little help from my friends.

Thanks a million IC fam

NFT, Bubba, rocks, cats, dogs and stuff Current Grow (sorta)

Old Seeds, New Strains (not) current grow OLD thread

Come on son 3600 watts OLDER thread

Great song, check it out.

Ray Hubbard singing Beauty Way

Quote:
im babbling again i see,better get to trimming....and some rush 2112!
unclefishstick

Rachel Flotard sing Anchor Song, she's so perfect, maybe it's the hair

Blaze Foley singing WW3, cool song
paper thorn is offline Quote