Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Kontos for root aphids?

Thread Title Search
Kontos for root aphids? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2015, 08:47 PM #1
roasthawg

roasthawg will become famous soon enoughroasthawg will become famous soon enough
Kontos for root aphids?

Anyone out there have any experience with Kontos for root aphid infestation? Wondering how well it works, what dosages it's being used at, and how it effects the plants? Been using orthene with success but it messes the plants up bad for over a month. They get very yellow and sickly looking and just don't grow for awhile. My last orthene treatment kept em away for a few months but they are back again already... really don't want to deal with unhealthy plants again if I can help it.
roasthawg is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2015, 11:38 AM #2
Holdin'
Moon-grass farmer

Holdin' is a glorious beacon of lightHoldin' is a glorious beacon of lightHoldin' is a glorious beacon of lightHoldin' is a glorious beacon of lightHoldin' is a glorious beacon of lightHoldin' is a glorious beacon of lightHoldin' is a glorious beacon of lightHoldin' is a glorious beacon of lightHoldin' is a glorious beacon of lightHoldin' is a glorious beacon of lightHoldin' is a glorious beacon of light
I've never used Kontos for RA, but have used it for other reasons so I can tell you this much...

Dosage is 1ml/gal...

It doesn't negatively affect the plants at all IMO.

I don't know how successful it is as a knock down RA, because from what I recall that's not exactly how it's designed to work on any pest... More so as a preventative or to be used at first sign of infestation. So would probably be best used with another, contact killer sort of thing if you're going up against a major infestation.

But that's not to say it doesn't rip RA a new one, someone that's used it for that purpose would have to chime in.

If you decide to use it, just be sure to read the label thoroughly to understand how to use it, and not over-apply.

Good luck!
Holdin' is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:55 AM #3
dabking

dabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nice
I used acephate97 to rid my ra issues. 4grams a gallon hurt the plants a bit, but haven't seen them since. 3grams a gallon didn't have any negative effect on the plants. I did 2 treatments. Used roots excelurator, liquid karma, and bio weed to bring them back to health.
www.purplecaperseeds.com

Earthman Technologies testing (Finished)
HPV2, Purp OG
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....03#post6431103

Dabking's quest for Diamonds
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=295808

TRH seeds (The Real Hash) testing
Green crack x OG kush x Super skunk
Afgooey x Super skunk
Cherry pie x Pakistan Chitral Kush
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299491

dabking is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2015, 01:17 PM #4
Former Guest
Banned

Former Guest is on a distinguished road
Please use safety gear like a respirator rated for pesticides, chem gloves (draino makes a gloves and goggles set for like $10) cheaper than a splash in the eye of chem burn) and read all instructions on the website. Acephate is a carcinogen so act accordingly and consider getting some seeds to replace plants if you choose to cull. Find out the half life and apply using the suggested dosage. Honestly, if you use this to kill them, I would still replace all plants and containers then spray your room down to cover surface you missed, turn on fans to vent up into ducts. Dunking the rootball would be the best application. There's some info about dunking whatever pesticide you're using. It has to be submerged for a bit. Good luck and be safe!
Former Guest is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2015, 06:02 PM #5
roasthawg

roasthawg will become famous soon enoughroasthawg will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdin' View Post
I've never used Kontos for RA, but have used it for other reasons so I can tell you this much...

Dosage is 1ml/gal...

It doesn't negatively affect the plants at all IMO.

I don't know how successful it is as a knock down RA, because from what I recall that's not exactly how it's designed to work on any pest... More so as a preventative or to be used at first sign of infestation. So would probably be best used with another, contact killer sort of thing if you're going up against a major infestation.

But that's not to say it doesn't rip RA a new one, someone that's used it for that purpose would have to chime in.

If you decide to use it, just be sure to read the label thoroughly to understand how to use it, and not over-apply.

Good luck!
Right on, glad to hear it doesn't harm the plants. I think I'll pick some up and give it a go.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:04 PM #6
roasthawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabking View Post
I used acephate97 to rid my ra issues. 4grams a gallon hurt the plants a bit, but haven't seen them since. 3grams a gallon didn't have any negative effect on the plants. I did 2 treatments. Used roots excelurator, liquid karma, and bio weed to bring them back to health.
The acephate fries my plants everytime man... at doses as low as 1.5g/gal or even a little less. Dunno why it harms some gardens and not others. I mixed it with nutes, maybe that has something to do with it?

Old 02-17-2015, 06:13 PM #7
Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond repute
Kontos Drench will Kill RA on contact ... it takes 2 weeks to fully work .... Better used as a preventive from just about everything at 1ml per gallon

Use it 2x 1 week apart

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:35 PM #8
roasthawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
Kontos Drench will Kill RA on contact ... it takes 2 weeks to fully work .... Better used as a preventive from just about everything at 1ml per gallon

Use it 2x 1 week apart
Perfect, I'm all over this. Been using sns203 as the orthene is too hard on my plants. Sns kills some, but not all of em so you gotta run it like once a week to keep population down. I'll give kontos a try and see if I have some better luck... really trying to avoid that acephate!

Old 02-17-2015, 09:00 PM #9
dabking

dabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nicedabking is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by roasthawg View Post
The acephate fries my plants everytime man... at doses as low as 1.5g/gal or even a little less. Dunno why it harms some gardens and not others. I mixed it with nutes, maybe that has something to do with it?
definitely in water only. And raise the light. It causes photosensitivity
www.purplecaperseeds.com

Earthman Technologies testing (Finished)
HPV2, Purp OG
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....03#post6431103

Dabking's quest for Diamonds
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=295808

TRH seeds (The Real Hash) testing
Green crack x OG kush x Super skunk
Afgooey x Super skunk
Cherry pie x Pakistan Chitral Kush
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299491

dabking is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:04 AM #10
Granger2

Granger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to behold
If you're going to do the Orthene method go all the way with Eclipse's method. Why go half way? He also uses Pyrethrin with PBO. Search the Fungus Gnats or Winged RA thread. Full instructions there, including relation of pH to plant phytoxicity when using. It's possible to temporarily raise or lower pH to avoid phytotoxicity. Good luck. -granger