Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > *The K.I.S.S. Method*

Thread Title Search
*The K.I.S.S. Method* Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2017, 05:02 PM #3711
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop916 View Post
So is the 1tsp/gallon Maxibloom still a valid recipe for success? Coming from the GO Go-Box and the NFTG regimens in soil, and the mixing like a madman/witches brew feeling I get every feeding, I'm ready to move along to the KISS method. I like using soil for now as I only have to water 1-2 weekly, but wouldn't be against switching to CoCo if needed... thanks in advance. B916
1tsp is about maximum, most strains and flowering rooms require a lot less. Overfeeding destroys quality fairly quickly, so go easy.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:44 PM #3712
Dr.Young

Dr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really nice
So the scoop weighs about 6g level {packed}, to make it 5g is about 1\8" or so below the scoop {maybe 90-95% filled}. 7g is basically a heaping scoop that isnt heaping to the point of spilling really easy {maybe 120% not 150% or anything overly sloppy.}

The Maxi feed charts where they say 1.5teaspoons... they are saying 7.5 grams basically so... I'm assuming thats around the 1000ppm area...

So.... 5g=666ppm.... 6g=800ppm 7.5g=1000ppm
1.3ec 1.6ec 2.0ec
{All .5 scale}.. {133ppm per gram}

I think ive decoded this shit finally guys lol... Ec meter on the way, i'll update.

Dr.Young is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:12 PM #3713
GoneP

GoneP has a spectacular aura aboutGoneP has a spectacular aura aboutGoneP has a spectacular aura aboutGoneP has a spectacular aura aboutGoneP has a spectacular aura about
With Maxibloom, 3/4 of a TSP is good. I just finished a couple runs with V+B HD and am considering going back to Maxibloom as a base again because of cost and also because I am able to achieve similar results with both Maxi and V+B. I don't really do KISS since I use a few other things/additives, but I can say with certainty now that Maxibloom is still the shit compared to other higher priced one parts/powder ferts.
GoneP is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2018, 01:41 AM #3714
Dr.Young

Dr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really niceDr.Young is just really nice
Looking at undercurrent's ec reccomendations for more aerated dwc systems {More than 1.25lpm per gallon}... I made this little picture mod to help people remember a little better. To get these Ecs you could literally max out at around 3 grams of Maxibloom {around 400ppm}if you wanted to follow 100% its 2.5-2.6g for 350ppm. 200ppm is only 1.5g. All of this is per gallon of course, and .5 scale.

More oxygen\dissolved oxygen = more efficient nute delivery.

Dr.Young is online now Quote

Old 02-17-2018, 09:31 PM #3715
DoDad

DoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura about
Has GH changed anything with Maxibloom recently?

I have been using it for a couple of years with good results but my last two runs have had issues.

My leaves are turning yellow and are blotchy.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4651.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	446656
DoDad is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2018, 09:46 PM #3716
GoneP

GoneP has a spectacular aura aboutGoneP has a spectacular aura aboutGoneP has a spectacular aura aboutGoneP has a spectacular aura aboutGoneP has a spectacular aura about
Maxigrow seems to work better for Veg than Maxibloom in my experience. Too much PK in Maxibloom for veg, it'll work, but it seems to cause lockouts or deficiencies in certain plants. Try Maxigrow, you'll notice a big difference in overall plant health during veg with it.
GoneP is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2018, 01:51 PM #3717
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoDad View Post
Has GH changed anything with Maxibloom recently?

I have been using it for a couple of years with good results but my last two runs have had issues.

My leaves are turning yellow and are blotchy.

Any ideas?
The last batch I picked up looked like it had old Maxibloom ground up and added to new powder. I left the lid off the jar I had it in and it went bad. I'm pretty sure I had the same prolems. Not sure, because it was in soil and a super hot vegging environment. Didn't flower with it.

Scotts bought them out, and I'm wondering if this is the beginning of the end for GH. I personally will not tolerate cost savings interrupting the 15 year quality GH has provided for me. I'll jump ship in a heartbeat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180304_105250.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	448389
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2018, 02:53 PM #3718
beta

beta is just really nicebeta is just really nicebeta is just really nicebeta is just really nicebeta is just really nicebeta is just really nicebeta is just really nicebeta is just really nicebeta is just really nicebeta is just really nicebeta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
The last batch I picked up looked like it had old Maxibloom ground up and added to new powder. I left the lid off the jar I had it in and it went bad. I'm pretty sure I had the same prolems. Not sure, because it was in soil and a super hot vegging environment. Didn't flower with it.

Scotts bought them out, and I'm wondering if this is the beginning of the end for GH. I personally will not tolerate cost savings interrupting the 15 year quality GH has provided for me. I'll jump ship in a heartbeat.
Check out Jack's, it's even cheaper and is higher quality imo.
beta is online now Quote

Old 03-04-2018, 10:05 PM #3719
Bwanabud

Bwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post

All I know is, my mixed rez always looked light "pinkish" in color....now it's a light "tan"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.
Bwanabud is offline Quote

Old 03-05-2018, 12:14 PM #3720
hayday

hayday has disabled reputation
Sometimes maxibloom is pink , sometimes its yellow. I have had both and read somewhere in this thread that the color is differant depending on which plant it is made in
Same product though. I always try to get the 16lb tub so I dont worry about variance in the kilo bags .
Im sure its just me being ocd about stuff.