in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > *The K.I.S.S. Method*

Thread Title Search
-
*The K.I.S.S. Method* Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2018, 12:12 AM #3711
DoubleTripleOG
Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire

DoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
Check out Jack's, it's even cheaper and is higher quality imo.
I've been using Jack's Bloom Booster 10-30-20 as a stand alone one part, in veg right thru till flush in bloom for a couple years now with excellent results. 1/4 teaspoon per gallon when using Happy Frog soil and 1/2 teaspoon per gallon with Pro Mix BX.

Photosynthetically active radiation, often abbreviated PAR, designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.

I am chemically man-made like the Incredible Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangrownkush View Post
He is mad we all have the cut, supposed to be top secret nuclear bomb recipe cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
you can't get blood out of a stone.
DoubleTripleOG is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:02 PM #3712
kunkgrow

kunkgrow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTripleOG View Post
I've been using Jack's Bloom Booster 10-30-20 as a stand alone one part, in veg right thru till flush in bloom for a couple years now with excellent results. 1/4 teaspoon per gallon when using Happy Frog soil and 1/2 teaspoon per gallon with Pro Mix BX.
Do you add calcium / magnesium since 10-30-20 has low mag and no Ca whatsoever?
If so, how do you add Calcium without messing up the Nitrogen?
Thanks!
kunkgrow is offline Quote

Old 05-20-2018, 07:20 PM #3713
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanabud View Post
All I buy is 16 lb. tubs, usually 2 at a time....the power is still pink, not yellow here...but doesn't look pink in water.
I buy the 1Kilo bags. Just bought a new one less than a month ago and I have a question.

When I scoop up a small scoop of MaxiBloom, how many tiny blue chunks of ground up miracle grow should I include in a 1/4 scoop? My goal is to keep a consistent balance of nutrients, you know?

I'm damn sure it's ground up Miracle-Grow, Maxi never had blue bits in it before.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 05-22-2018, 04:20 PM #3714
Bwanabud

Bwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
I buy the 1Kilo bags. Just bought a new one less than a month ago and I have a question.

When I scoop up a small scoop of MaxiBloom, how many tiny blue chunks of ground up miracle grow should I include in a 1/4 scoop? My goal is to keep a consistent balance of nutrients, you know?

I'm damn sure it's ground up Miracle-Grow, Maxi never had blue bits in it before.
I refuse to use the Blue chunks in my rez, I think it's Oxi-Clean...so I save all the Blue Chunks in a separate container, and after 2 years or so I have enough to wash my concrete porch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.
Bwanabud is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2018, 06:46 PM #3715
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Hold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTripleOG View Post
Too cheap and easy to not try at least once!
Hold Your Fire is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:41 AM #3716
ReeferDan

ReeferDan has a spectacular aura aboutReeferDan has a spectacular aura aboutReeferDan has a spectacular aura about
Have read this whole thread, twice.
Once a few years ago, and recommended this method to a friend growing outdoors, he had great success.
Have sort of always tried to follow the lucas formula in one way or another through my years of hydro, FNB, 8/16, sometimes just as a base, with some other GH boosters, sometimes just strict lucas.

Currently i have a new garden ( check my gallery or my thread) running KISS maxibloom. I go into more detail there, but figured i would share some pics of my plants, and hopefully remember to come back and update with bud shots as they develop.

Remember folks KISS maxibloom is 7g/gal of water. I use about 1/2 tsp/gal of protek mixed in first, then just dump the weighed out amount of dry maxi into my res. no hot water shaking, this is 20-40gal at a time, it mixes fine. Works out to about 1.7ec for me.
Since im running OG Kush, im trying to get the most out of her, and shes a mag hungry beast, so i give a little bit extra epsom salts, and 2-3ml/gal of liquid kool bloom in flower at the moment which works out to 2.0-2.1 ec for me. Good clean hetch hetchy tap water.

my grow if you are interested: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352817

Thanks for all the help in this thread... Remember keep it simple stoner, this feed technique is supposed to take the guess work out of nutes, give you a very well rounded, cost effective base to start out with if you want to run it strict, or tinker a bit, and really take the question of nutes out of the equation while you play with other more important elements in the room, such as light height/intensity, grow room temp/humidity/vpd, and c02 levels.

Plants... newest shots are 14-15 days of flower.

This is about the point i started feeding full strength, and most mag def signs went away, plants got healthier and happier. Dont be afraid to hit 7g/gal once plants are rooted, they will eat it up!

day 1 flower

day 8 flower

day 14

will update later when i have some more mature buds to show off!
ReeferDan is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:26 AM #3717
ReeferDan

ReeferDan has a spectacular aura aboutReeferDan has a spectacular aura aboutReeferDan has a spectacular aura about
OG Kush

day 42

day 35

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:52 AM #3718
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Nice looking flowers, though personally they look overfed. You can run significantly less nutrient strength, when you make sure the plant has a full and healthy pH swing in the root zone.

The swing in the root zone from 5.4'ish to 6.0'ish allows all elements to be easily absorbed as their 'range' goes by in pH. The more balanced the nutrient profile you're using, the less overfeeding of individual or multiple elements happens, the less nutrient you need to spend for, and a side result is your quality goes up significantly.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:24 AM #3719
ReeferDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Nice looking flowers, though personally they look overfed. You can run significantly less nutrient strength, when you make sure the plant has a full and healthy pH swing in the root zone.

The swing in the root zone from 5.4'ish to 6.0'ish allows all elements to be easily absorbed as their 'range' goes by in pH. The more balanced the nutrient profile you're using, the less overfeeding of individual or multiple elements happens, the less nutrient you need to spend for, and a side result is your quality goes up significantly.
You have mentioned this overfert before... what exactly are you seeing?
Too green? Tip burn? Specifics other than the color the pics came out at off of my phone?
Curious to have you elaborate.
KISS is 7g/gal can’t really mess that up lol

Old 07-25-2018, 03:38 PM #3720
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeferDan View Post
You have mentioned this overfert before... what exactly are you seeing?
Too green? Tip burn? Specifics other than the color the pics came out at off of my phone?
Curious to have you elaborate.
KISS is 7g/gal can’t really mess that up lol
I'm seeing VERY dark leaves, which has never (in my experience) produced quality cannabis. 7g/gallon is actually very strong for most strains of cannabis.

Cannabis is excellent at using enough nutrients to destroy quality, while still growing and looking 'ok.'

Edit: Here's a shot of the color I'm talking about. This is around 740ppm, since I shoot for 750ppm max for almost all strains.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TSUE-at-19-days-of-flower.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	464123

2 members found this post helpful.