Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > grapefruit genetics

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
grapefruit genetics Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2018, 06:39 PM #21
Rox

Rox is a jewel in the roughRox is a jewel in the roughRox is a jewel in the roughRox is a jewel in the roughRox is a jewel in the roughRox is a jewel in the roughRox is a jewel in the rough

Lol tried to add a picture with no success

Last edited by Rox; 01-04-2018 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: Trying to add picture
Rox is offline Quote

Old 01-06-2018, 01:45 AM #22
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Hint: If you tell people to remove the S in HTTPS by using backspace the link works.

For some reason this forum messes up some links.

Working on Something Sneaky

2 Days Left
troutman is online now Quote

Old 01-18-2018, 12:27 PM #23
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Hey Sante!

Sorry for the late reply but it took me some time to gather all the info.

1) Anyhow, Grapefruit is no more created through crossing since is Pure Line, already since long time. As stated in my last message, C99 is no more involved because of the fact that Grapefruit already has its own line, separated and distinct from the C99 line.

2) Grapefruit show the following differences when compared to C99.
- The smell of the Grapefruit is actual grapefruit when C99 is much more related to pineapple/fruity elements.
- Grapefruit smell is also less strong than C99. They both don't have really strong smell, but C99 is slightly more odorous than the Grapefruit.
- Grapefruit is less strong that C99. They both have easy going high, but if you really have to go deep grapefruit is even more light than the actual C99.

3) C99 and Sexbud are different too. We stated many times that Sexbud is an improved version of the C99 for several reasons.
Sexbud is faster since is an early maturing variety, plus it was created through a specific phenotype of White Grapefruit and C99.
In conclusion these are the important traits of the Sexbud:
super high resin production, flavours/smell/taste out of ordinary, and fast flowering.

I highly suggest that you try both of them and later on inform us about your personal experience. I believe you will be more than satisfied

All the best,
Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sante View Post
Hi again.

in reference to what has been said from your breeder, which is thee cross that you are using now to create this grapefruit evolution without C99 and autoflowering?
GF X an unknow fast sativa?

Does a grapefruit have more (or different) characteristics compared to a C99?

And C99 VS sexbud?

I' m really appreciating as you and your staff, are so comunicative with a rare transparent policy, really rare, maybe unique.but why do not upgrade your strains description on your website?

Best regards!!

Last edited by Female Seeds; 02-20-2018 at 04:48 PM..
Female Seeds is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:20 AM #24
mr.brunch

mr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond repute
I have a pack of grapefruit waiting in the fridge... last time I grew them was 2007, so they should be a blast from the past!

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

So I'll keep on fighting for the things I want,
Though I know that when you're dead you're gone.
But I'd rather be a free man in my grave,
Than living as a puppet or a slave.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: seedsman Power Africa- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355286

Current: seedsman Girl Scout crack- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355287

Current: real gorilla seeds dosidos #1-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356370
mr.brunch is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:09 PM #25
snuicide

snuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Female Seeds View Post
Hey Snu!
Don't worry, no one said that is bad or terrible quality...I just said talked about our Early Misty and its origins since people were asking, nothing more
We just did not know or we did not expect that, while experimenting with crossings of Autlfowering varieties with Photoperiodic ones, the first ones could become popular and eventually appreciated by many growers too. I never said that Early Misty was terrible, I just meant that it was the beginning of our the fast Sativas we are currently selling.

Hope I have been of some help,

All the best,
Mr B.
Hehe, I remember the first auto-plants as low yielding and not tasty in general.

The early misty flowered till middle of september and could have took two or 3 more weeks but it was rainy from the beginning of september and it started to mold. Got over 78g of mostly purple buds with a great high and flavour. Medium-sized primordia. Very social weed but with a moderate push. Remember my parents complaining because the neighbours made a gardenparty next to the strong smelling lady .
Had one at an eastern roofwindow which scored 48g - she got that big you could see that something grows out of the rooftop window. Back in the days ...

I'm curious now how much of the original Early Misty genetics is available at you labratorys or in your strains? Always thought it is some Early Skunk x Misty.

Everybody keeps asking for the next grapefruits btw.
snuicide is offline Quote

Old 03-18-2018, 01:03 AM #26
mr.brunch

mr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond repute
Remembering the grapefruit now... lovely sweet-grapefruit smells and tastes.chunky buds.
Very flavourful, if I’d wanted to sell it people would have taken my arm off to buy it... just very unique. Also took loads of small just rooted clones and ran 100 of them in tiny pots in a 0.5 sq/m cupboard.
They averaged about 3g of bud per stick, so 300ish grams. Bit of a risk on numbers , but you do these things I suppose.

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

So I'll keep on fighting for the things I want,
Though I know that when you're dead you're gone.
But I'd rather be a free man in my grave,
Than living as a puppet or a slave.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: seedsman Power Africa- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355286

Current: seedsman Girl Scout crack- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355287

Current: real gorilla seeds dosidos #1-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356370
mr.brunch is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:57 PM #27
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Thanks for the feedback snu, much appreciated
Anyhow We did use Early Misty to create many of our early flowering outdoor strains for obvious reasons.

It is really impossible to say how much of the Early misty genes remain in any of our strains today. Through selection and selective breeding and crossbreeding that presence may or may not have diminished. Fact remains that it did help to form the outdoor strains we have today and has helped these strains to flower faster.

Hope this helps,

Take care,
Mr B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuicide View Post
Hehe, I remember the first auto-plants as low yielding and not tasty in general.

The early misty flowered till middle of september and could have took two or 3 more weeks but it was rainy from the beginning of september and it started to mold. Got over 78g of mostly purple buds with a great high and flavour. Medium-sized primordia. Very social weed but with a moderate push. Remember my parents complaining because the neighbours made a gardenparty next to the strong smelling lady .
Had one at an eastern roofwindow which scored 48g - she got that big you could see that something grows out of the rooftop window. Back in the days ...

I'm curious now how much of the original Early Misty genetics is available at you labratorys or in your strains? Always thought it is some Early Skunk x Misty.

Everybody keeps asking for the next grapefruits btw.