Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Arizona > Old School Arizona

Thread Title Search
Old School Arizona Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2018, 06:14 PM #1211
Ralp

Ralp is an unknown quantity at this point
[quote=OldCoolSativa;8187486]I read the first few pages of this thread and decided to skip to the end to tell a couple weed stories from my too-brief time in Arizona, where I went to grad school in Tucson from 1984-1987.

I wasn't there long enough to plug into the weed scene. One of my friends was from San Diego and her husband grew his own weed in a planter in their back yard and it was incredible. No idea what it was but the dude inspired me.

Now here's the more interesting weed story; maybe someone else had a different slant on the same story in the ~1,000 posts I didn't have time to read. I did a lot of field work in the San Pedro valley for my thesis, mostly in Benson and St. David, and occasionally up towards Pomerene. I was collecting data from water wells in the area, and met an amazing cross section of humanity as I knocked on doors, gave people my pitch, and asked them for permission to access their wells. Everything from polygamous Mormon families to paranoid-schizophrenic bikers to retired bioengineers, with the occasional Jack Mormon thrown in. Camping on the banks of the San Pedro, hiking all day with a U of A Suburban complete with gas card; it was a wonderful time.

Moron polygamist Mormon huh. They would not let you into check the wells but into their lifestyle and living arrangements. What an Asshole
Very few of the Mormons round the Saint David area are polygamous. They do however tend to marry within the faith (shocking) and a fearful of those knocking on he door saying let me test you water and then view your faith and lifestyle, and didn't feel quite at home sorry.
Then when you consider that the city of Tucson in the 60's in order to sustain the water for the expanding city needs. The city of Tucson did a novel thing, they went and bought ranches in the San Pedro Canada Del Oro, Altar Valley, Santa Cruz. However only ranches that had wells then drilled for the maximum depth possible and pumped the shit out of all the surrounding water tables, causing huge fissures defunct ranches farm into bankruptcy. When that was gone they came up with the CAP water project water for the Colorado river to Tucson with 100 years of construction debt. Then to top off that every registered well in state of AZ by law have to send in samples to the DEQ annually and if public well monthly.

So let me get the picture here some tye dye Birkenstock hair farming moron comes knocking at the door body language say judgement. With bottle in hand as nice as faced can muster can I take a sample of your water with a smile of course.
WHAT AN ASSHOLE. and an offended asshole AT THAT.
Ralp is offline Quote

Old 02-05-2018, 06:33 PM #1212
Ralp

Thanks; for the considerations Wolfhounddaddy, as that is always been my point attack the narrative. I ask for opponents to justify the narrative. If it cant be justified in rational discussion it evolves into derogatory demeaning standards. Where really there is no soft punch.
Every citizen is going to take the hit in legalization on one side or the other. To leave this up to some quasi independent governing agency. That leaves everything & mean EVERYTHING up to closed door regulation making, policy adopting, policing enforcing group is stupid. The proposed would have used the non-binding citizens group as a media advertising scheme to self promote. Look at what we took and now can give away with 35% on average taken off the top for administration fees. And people wonder why he wage disparity
Ralp is offline Quote

Old 02-05-2018, 08:28 PM #1213
Ralp

RBT died resting in peace he is now with the people of the Bloated Goat in the Mogollon & Cooney Canyon
Ralp is offline Quote

Old 02-05-2018, 09:14 PM #1214
OldCoolSativa

OldCoolSativa is a jewel in the roughOldCoolSativa is a jewel in the roughOldCoolSativa is a jewel in the roughOldCoolSativa is a jewel in the roughOldCoolSativa is a jewel in the roughOldCoolSativa is a jewel in the roughOldCoolSativa is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralp View Post
Moron polygamist Mormon huh. They would not let you into check the wells but into their lifestyle and living arrangements. What an Asshole
Very few of the Mormons round the Saint David area are polygamous. They do however tend to marry within the faith (shocking) and a fearful of those knocking on he door saying let me test you water and then view your faith and lifestyle, and didn't feel quite at home sorry.
Then when you consider that the city of Tucson in the 60's in order to sustain the water for the expanding city needs. The city of Tucson did a novel thing, they went and bought ranches in the San Pedro Canada Del Oro, Altar Valley, Santa Cruz. However only ranches that had wells then drilled for the maximum depth possible and pumped the shit out of all the surrounding water tables, causing huge fissures defunct ranches farm into bankruptcy. When that was gone they came up with the CAP water project water for the Colorado river to Tucson with 100 years of construction debt. Then to top off that every registered well in state of AZ by law have to send in samples to the DEQ annually and if public well monthly.

So let me get the picture here some tye dye Birkenstock hair farming moron comes knocking at the door body language say judgement. With bottle in hand as nice as faced can muster can I take a sample of your water with a smile of course.
WHAT AN ASSHOLE. and an offended asshole AT THAT.

WTF is your problem, dude? I made the effort to add a little relevant content about a large grow operation I saw in Benson in 1987 to a thread about Old School Arizona, and you project some preconceived notions on me and call me an asshole? FWIW, the Mormons had no problem with me, and in fact I met a couple jack Mormon brothers and spent two days straight drinking with them. The only person who wouldn't let me test their well was the paranoid schizophrenic biker. Maybe that was you?

You should post stuff about legalization in the appropriate thread and stop shitting this one up with your semi-coherent babble. Or actually post something about Old School Arizona that has to do with weed, not water rights.
OldCoolSativa is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:11 PM #1215
Ralp

ARIZONA LEGISLATURE IS THROWING THE PLUM OR CRUMBS.
PROPOSED hrc-2037 MARIJUANA REFORM ACT
4-402 personal use of marijuana
a
33 NOTWITHSTANDING ANY LAW, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN
34 THIS CHAPTER, THE FOLLOWING ACTS, BY PERSONS WHO ARE AT LEAST
35 TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE, ARE LAWFUL AND ARE NOT A CRIMINAL OR
36 CIVIL OFFENSE UNDER THE LAWS OF THIS STATE OR ANY POLITICAL
37 SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE OR A BASIS FOR SEIZURE OR FORFEITURE
38 OF ASSETS UNDER THE LAWS OF THIS STATE OR ANY POLITICAL
39 SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE:
40 1. POSSESSING, USING, DISPLAYING, PURCHASING OR
41 TRANSPORTING MARIJUANA ACCESSORIES OR ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF
42 MARIJUANA.
43 2. POSSESSING, GROWING, PROCESSING OR TRANSPORTING NOT
44 MORE THAN SIX MARIJUANA PLANTS, WITH THREE OR FEWER BEING
45 MATURE, FLOWERING PLANTS, AND POSSESSING THE MARIJUANA
pg.2 cont.
PRODUCED BY THE PLANTS ON THE PREMISES WHERE THE PLANTS WERE
2 GROWN.
3 3. TRANSFERRING ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA AND UP
4 TO SIX IMMATURE MARIJUANA PLANTS TO A PERSON WHO IS AT LEAST
5 TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE WITHOUT REMUNERATION.
6 4. CONSUMING MARIJUANA, EXCEPT THAT THIS CHAPTER DOES
7 NOT ALLOW THE CONSUMPTION OF MARIJUANA IN PUBLIC.
8 5. ASSISTING ANOTHER PERSON WHO IS AT LEAST TWENTY-ONE
9 YEARS OF AGE IN ANY OF THE ACTS DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPHS 1
10 THROUGH 4 OF THIS SECTION.

The bait notwithstanding the SB- 1420 which say they put on a label that is the limit of our responsibility use at one own risk

Now for the price of this sec 42-5453
1. FORTY PERCENT OF THE NET REVENUES IN A PUBLIC SAFETY
2 GRANT PROGRAM FUND TO BE ADMINISTERED BY A TASK FORCE,
3 APPOINTED BY THE DIRECTOR OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY,
4 TO SOLICIT, RECEIVE, REVIEW AND EVALUATE APPLICATIONS AND
5 AWARD GRANTS.
6 2. FORTY PERCENT OF THE NET REVENUES IN A PUBLIC
7 EDUCATION GRANT PROGRAM FUND TO BE ADMINISTERED BY A TASK
8 FORCE, APPOINTED BY THE SUPERINTENDENT OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION,
9 TO SOLICIT, RECEIVE, REVIEW AND EVALUATE APPLICATIONS AND
10 AWARD GRANTS.
11 3. TWENTY PERCENT OF THE NET REVENUES IN A DRUG
12 TREATMENT AND REHABILITATION PROGRAM FUND ADMINISTERED BY A
13 TASK FORCE, APPOINTED BY THE DIRECTOR OF THE DEPARTMENT OF
14 HEALTH SERVICES, TO SOLICIT, RECEIVE, REVIEW AND EVALUATE
15 APPLICATIONS AND AWARD GRANTS
Ralp is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2018, 08:00 PM #1216
Drunken Buddha

Drunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralp View Post

Grow some balls will ya!! all you easter bunnies, decriminalize the simple possession rule.
I really despise name calling.....drama queen......hahaha.....oops.
Drunken Buddha is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:21 PM #1217
Drunken Buddha

Drunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the rough
@Sforza

Happy Birthday Man !!!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:07 PM #1218
Drunken Buddha

@Sforza

Where are you man?

Old 03-16-2018, 06:23 PM #1219
Drunken Buddha

Any news on the AZ recreational bill for Fall 2018?

Old 03-20-2018, 05:46 AM #1220
Sforza

Sforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Buddha View Post
@Sforza

Happy Birthday Man !!!
Thanks DB. One more revolution around the sun.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE