Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Poormans Rosin Press

Thread Title Search
Click for Weed Seed Shop
Poormans Rosin Press Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2018, 03:59 PM #71
MrBungle

MrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to all
sounds familiar
MrBungle is online now Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 08:29 PM #72
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowyellow25 View Post
Testing the Liberty V9 cartridge

My sample Liberty V9 "510 thread-style" cartridge arrived the other day. Truly a work art, IMHO. You really have to hand it to the Chinese. The quality of the design and superb execution is second to none. How they are able to sell these so inexpensively is truly amazing. The V9 is just the latest in a long line of vape cartridges from Itsuwa. Designed for use with thicker oils, they blow the doors off the cheaper plastic carts.

View Image

What you notice at first glance is the all metal construction and Pyrex glass chamber. The center post, removed be unscrewing the mouthpiece, gives you clear access for easy filling. A marking, etched on the glass, indicates the exact amount to add. Replacing the post, which houses the vertical ceramic coil... there is no wick... and you will have loaded exactly .5 grams in concentrate.

Just under the mouthpiece is a ring for adjusting air flow mixture. Turning it one way or the other gives you closed, two, four or six air ports. This allows external air to be mixed with the vapor.

My first try with the V9, running my pure concentrate, proved an eye opener. All I can say is, WOW! The difference is striking. The reason being those tiny little 1mm holes. They allow you to draw in air from the outside as you draw in the vapor. What that does is give you a stronger hit of vapor... way stronger.

Now, I'm not a major user by any means. I work a full time job so I can only vape in the evening after all has settled down. I usually need around four or five draws on my pen to get me relaxed and mildly stoned. In other words, I can still function. Not drive a car, but get around the house without falling on my face. That's where I want to be.

Last night was way different. With all the vents open and taking only two draws from the V9 I knew I was in for a wild ride. I could tell the vapor had gone much deeper into my lungs than anytime in the past. That additional air helped to push the vapor further and faster... like a jet engine. In no time I was flying high and my head spinning. It was a bit disconcerting. I prefer to have a better handle on my faculties, but it was fun. I stopped vaping at that point.

I will need to play with those vents and find a happy medium. I do like the V9 though. Much easier to draw from and very cool looking.
Kudos on the recommendation for this cart. I have had mine for about a week or so and it's by far the best one I own (of maybe 8 or 10 different models).

The adjustable airway actually works.

And, filling it is ..... well, no syringe required. The way the center comes out, I could pour out of a boot and not spill a drop.

The round mouth piece makes sure that "the button is always lined up right".

You may be crazy enough to put that alcohol shit in your rosin and call it clean, but you sure have an eye for a good cart. LOL

Thanks for the tip.

Love ya bud, don't hate me.
Ringodoggie is online now Quote

Old 02-16-2018, 01:44 PM #73
Mellowyellow25

Mellowyellow25 will become famous soon enoughMellowyellow25 will become famous soon enough
Poormans Short Path Distillation:

At some point in your concentrate making career you will have the need to ramp up your distillation capacity. I've built several Poormans distillers over the years but my latest configuration, pictured here, works the best, so figured I'd share it.

Distillation, as you know, is the process of separating a solution into its component parts, called fractions, based on heat. The idea being the lighter weight molecules will rise and leave the solution as steam at a lower temperature than the heavier molecules.

The basic components consist is a vessel to hold the charge solution to be heated and separated, the heating device called a mantel, the cooling tube and the collection vessel. More elaborate systems will have a chiller casing around the cooling tube to keep it cold and, perhaps, a vacuum ability. For our needs, these can be eliminated.

The system here consists of a simple rice cooker to act as the heating mantel, a Pyrex heat resistant coffee carafe for the heating vessel, a rubber stopper fitted to the carafe opening and a section of 1/4" copper tubing as the cooling tube. I used a liquor bottle as the collection vessel. Both the rice cooker and the carafe I sourced from Goodwill for around $16. The stopper I found on Ebay for $5. The cooper tubing from the hardware store.

I fill the rice cooker with glycerol to act as a heat transfer agent between the cooker and the carafe. The heat can be regulated using an autotransformer, not shown.

Right now, using this in my garage, the ambient temperature is so low it is not necessary to cool the collection vessel. If the temperature is above, say, 50 degrees F where you are distilling it is advisable to set the collection vessel in a bowl of ice water. This will act as a catalyst to "draw" the heated vapors over from the charge vessel that much faster.

Last edited by Mellowyellow25; 02-17-2018 at 01:15 PM..
Mellowyellow25 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.