What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you?

igrowone

Veteran
Full blown blizzard here, snow coming down sideways, -4 C windchill -11 C. Winter just doesn't want to f#&k off, this time last year there barely any snow left. Still 2' of snow in most places in woods, lake is still frozen solid enough to drive a truck on it. C'mon spring!! 🙏
same in upstate ny, 15f early this morning, but maybe 70f next week, total roller coaster

Three Berries

We've been getting warnings about weather for today since Tuesday. I finally had to turn off the notifications. Hit 70F today and windy, storms approacing again.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's 70 right now at almost 2AM. Expecting 90's this coming week. Summertime is coming!

moose eater

-16 f. on the porch this morning. It was -21 f at the lake when we woke to pack to come home several mornings ago.

What kind of weird hell is this? Who have we pissed off? Did the Cosmos suddenly realize this is a La Nina year or something? Late start on the long cold winter part due to late realization of what was supposed to have been happening months ago?

Now the State has extended the studded-tire take-off date?

Are we even going to get a real Spring?

The willows are budding? What the fuck do they know that we don't?

I want my money back..

WTF?

igrowone

Veteran
-16 f. on the porch this morning. It was -21 f at the lake when we woke to pack to come home several mornings ago.

What kind of weird hell is this? Who have we pissed off? Did the Cosmos suddenly realize this is a La Nina year or something? Late start on the long cold winter part due to late realization of what was supposed to have been happening months ago?

Now the State has extended the studded-tire take-off date?

Are we even going to get a real Spring?

The willows are budding? What the fuck do they know that we don't?

I want my money back..

WTF?
similar to my area, longer winter but not that cold, less spring and more summer

armedoldhippy

Veteran
got up to nearly 85 the other day. kicked covers off of bed , opened window & turned on fan. today, too windy/wet/cold/foul nasty to do anything. closed windows & got quilt back out for bed. wife looked like she was heading into the mountains to rescue an avalanche victim while she was watching TV...ah, spring weather! don't like what it's doing? give it a bit of time, it'll change. damn freeze warning tonight...

Three Berries

May 15th is traditionally the last frost day around here. Farmers are planting corn now, about a week behind recent years.

Pretty dry though.