What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Texas Nightmare

igrowone

Veteran
not seeing any thread on the nightmare in Texas
I know we have members from there
but literally Jesus, that is some really bad shit

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
not seeing any thread on the nightmare in Texas
I know we have members from there
but literally Jesus, that is some really bad shit
And almost all of it was self-inflicted by their elected officials! They had a similar incident in 2011 and said they'd fix it so it wouldn't happen again, except it's worse this time, much worse. Instead they're trying to blame it on AOC, the Green New Deal (which hasn't even been implemented yet) and green energy. It's funny how wind turbines run just fine in Antarctica, Canada, Alaska, Norway and all over the world where weather is much worse with no problems but in Texas they can't seem to figure it out.

They wanted to be independent and they are, so now they're literally dying from that energy independence.
I live in a neighboring state and 25 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. We have exactly the same weather as them and it got down to 14 degrees Tuesday morning with several inches of snow and ice and it still hasn't all melted yet.

We had a power outage of 5 hours on Tuesday so our electric supplier could save their distribution substations from going down, our water pressure is very low due to people running water to keep pipes from freezing. So, we see very clearly how Texas officials really mismanaged their systems and their constituents are suffering from it. Meanwhile neighboring states are a little cold but otherwise fine.

igrowone

Veteran
hadn't focused on the surrounding states, you got a pretty solid case there midnight tokar
but Holy Cow! that much worse?
I got a case of drop jaw here and can scarcely comprehend what I'm seeing

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Kudos for starting this igrow1 :tiphat:

I was thinking of it when I signed on tonight and was still trying to figure out how to word it, go about it.

That is some serious JuJu over there in Texas! Yup! My jaw is dropping... wrt infrastructure failure. At the end though, it is the citizens that have to suffer from their incompetence/corruption. Positive vibes being sent.

igrowone

Veteran
generators sell huge in situations like these
this is a seriously off the charts event weather wise
33 f in houston right now?
if you go far enough outside historical boundaries, gonna be hell to pay
what I remember is the heatwave in France 20 or so years ago
that was this kind of extreme

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
generators sell huge in situations like these
this is a seriously off the charts event weather wise
33 f in houston right now?

if you go far enough outside historical boundaries, gonna be hell to pay
what I remember is the heatwave in France 20 or so years ago
that was this kind of extreme

What a lot of people don't realize is how cold it actually gets down here on the Gulf Coast. 33F. is not even that cold down here, almost every year we have a cold spell in the mid to upper 20's. The coldest I remember here was about 40 years ago when we went below freezing on Thursday evening and stayed below freezing until the next Tuesday afternoon. I don't remember which night was which but one night was 10F and the other was 11F.

igrowone

Veteran
What a lot of people don't realize is how cold it actually gets down here on the Gulf Coast. 33F. is not even that cold down here, almost every year we have a cold spell in the mid to upper 20's. The coldest I remember here was about 40 years ago when we went below freezing on Thursday evening and stayed below freezing until the next Tuesday afternoon. I don't remember which night was which but one night was 10F and the other was 11F.
you're right, was not aware that cold shot down so far
lot of failure points seem to have happened here
literally a perfect storm?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
At the end though, it is the citizens that have to suffer from their incompetence/corruption. Positive vibes being sent.

yup. when the going gets tough, their Senator Cruz gets going to Cancun. blamed it on his daughters wanting to go on vacation...

FletchF.Fletch

They have 2 more Really Cold (lows in the Teens) nights before the weather breaks and temperatures return to above freezing. No fun being Cold in the Dark. I know we have Brothers and Sisters who can't do a thing to help their Freezing Plants. My heart goes out to everyone there.

Texans are Good People who help their neighbors, I expect we'll hear a lot of stories about folks banding together to help one another.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Lots of plants and trees are going to be dying I'd think, south coast, RGV? Big orange grove around McAllen.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
you mentioned corrupt politicians, i named who i think is one of the worst. read between those lines...:ying:
No I did not... you do know what happens when you ASSUME!

This is what I said...

Kudos for starting this igrow1
tiphat.gif

I was thinking of it when I signed on tonight and was still trying to figure out how to word it, go about it.

That is some serious JuJu over there in Texas! Yup! My jaw is dropping... wrt infrastructure failure. At the end though, it is the citizens that have to suffer from their incompetence/corruption. Positive vibes being sent.
It's is/was more than politicians involved here, in that fiasco. Greed could also be inferred here. e.g a la Puerto Rico with the subsequent fall out of/after Maria. <--- years of neglect.

In all fairness though, the entire planet has gone to pot wrt infrastructure and, that is not by sheer coincidence!

igrowone

Veteran

It's is/was more than politicians involved here, in that fiasco. Greed could also be inferred here. e.g a la Puerto Rico with the subsequent fall out of/after Maria. <--- years of neglect.

In all fairness though, the entire planet has gone to pot wrt infrastructure and, that is not by sheer coincidence!
I'm a bit confused where the Texas electric grid has been politicized to some extent
wouldn't seem to generate much voter interest, though that's just my naive point of view
there will be fixes of some sort, what the fixes will be called will be the political part

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
you mentioned corrupt politicians, i named who i think is one of the worst. read between those lines...:ying:

People are dying in Texas, and AOH wants to trash talk puke politician going to the beach. I can see AOH getting in a tight, and folks not caring either. Karma has a way of balancing her books.

Is biden bringing in the military to help with food, generators, water, blankets? Hell no, he is playing video games with his kid all weekend. AOH missed that. Harris probably turned on the HAARP machine to make this weather, and hurt all the red state people in the storm's path, while biden was hidin in his basement..

armedoldhippy

Veteran
it is the citizens that have to suffer from their incompetence/corruption.

looks like corruption to me. blame goes all the way to the top...i'll give you this, you did not explicitly say "politicians". when one mentions "corruption", however, most folks think "politicians", a quite natural reaction...:tiphat:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
looks like corruption to me. blame goes all the way to the top...i'll give you this, you did not explicitly say "politicians". when one mentions "corruption", however, most folks think "politicians", a quite natural reaction...:tiphat:
I sit in the "grandstands" not behind home plate. I have a complete view of the entire field. With my panoramic view, I can tell at a distance who is red and who is blue!

Another thing I have stated over and over again... place a dem in a bag, place a repub in the same bag, shake for 5 minutes. What comes out? A politician!

I forgot, Biden is president so all is well now .l.

You can quote me all you want, but please don't involve me in "your" partisan politics. That is all I asked!

Latest posts

Latest posts