What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finding an old seed stash

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
4 or 5 years ago, while browsing in a head shop about September, my wife picked up a retail pack of Sour Diesel seeds (I think) off a dusty display case at the checkout. I shoved them in the outside breast pocket of my jacket and forgot about them. It's a small pocket never used for much. February rolls around and we're heading off to Peru. We left Montreal, had a 9 hour layover in Houston, then on to Peru. 2 weeks there and flew to Ecuador for another 2 weeks. On our way back we had a day in Panama, then back to Houston, and finally Montreal. Hard travelling.

When I got home I'm emptying my pockets of chips, half eaten chocolate and granola bars, and yup... you guessed it, the pack of seeds I had in that little fucking pocket. It must have been scanned 10 times. lol. So I learned to keep seeds out of my coat pockets.

Fast forward to today. I'm looking for a band aid. Can't find any. Ah... my travel bag. Found some at the bottom, along with this little surprise. This is from last year. lol

picture.php

picture.php

They're in very sad shape but I'll give it my best shot. :D

Anyone ever find an old seed stash? Any luck germinating them?

FletchF.Fletch

Lucky you didn't have to do any explaining to the Customs Officials along the way.

Guy with Badge, "What do we have here?"

Traveler, " Genetic Souvenirs??" (fingers crossed)

yardgrazer

Not sure why I'm stating the obvious, but some people like scuffing 'em up a little before letting them hit water.

PS: 5 years is old? Maybe old given how well-traveled they are.

Sunshineinabag

4 or 5 years ago, while browsing in a head shop about September, my wife picked up a retail pack of Sour Diesel seeds (I think) off a dusty display case at the checkout. I shoved them in the outside breast pocket of my jacket and forgot about them. It's a small pocket never used for much. February rolls around and we're heading off to Peru. We left Montreal, had a 9 hour layover in Houston, then on to Peru. 2 weeks there and flew to Ecuador for another 2 weeks. On our way back we had a day in Panama, then back to Houston, and finally Montreal. Hard travelling.

When I got home I'm emptying my pockets of chips, half eaten chocolate and granola bars, and yup... you guessed it, the pack of seeds I had in that little fucking pocket. It must have been scanned 10 times. lol. So I learned to keep seeds out of my coat pockets.

Fast forward to today. I'm looking for a band aid. Can't find any. Ah... my travel bag. Found some at the bottom, along with this little surprise. This is from last year. lol

View Image

View Image

They're in very sad shape but I'll give it my best shot. :D

Anyone ever find an old seed stash? Any luck germinating them?

How expensive was the coke in peru?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
How expensive was the coke in peru?

lol. That's a no-no for me. I know myself way too well to get intimate with it. And I recognized that when I was 20. I could walk into a bathroom in a bar and tell you if there was coke in the house. I have an addictive/ocd type personality so... I'll pass. I have too many friends who were on fucking heart pills by the time they were 25.

I'm just glad mesc isn't readily available like it used to. But I always have a tea in Ecuador. It's brutally and painfully honest, and releases you from the shit you've been carrying. I'm glad the medical community in Canada is starting to look into psycadelics. Anything that can kill the black dogs chasing you should be looked at.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 28

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
They didn't pop. I let them dry out again and I'm giving them another shot. Sometimes letting them dry, and giving it another attempt works.