What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are The Best Seeds You Popped In The Last Year?

Hey guys what are your best beans you
popped in the last year or so?
I have done Lucky Dog seeds Double Crush,and Dog Patch. Cannarado TK91,
CSI Gatorbait, and Underdog Urkel.
My plants were healthy, but no keepers
whatsoever out of these. Pictures mean
nothing, everyone has nice pictures. Trouble
is no one wants to admit their pretty picture weed really isn't all that dank. Most stuff just
is lacking in terps, taste, and smell.Of
course getting the lucky pheno would help.

Zero Hedge

Veteran
I grew three Chocolate Diesel F2's from Derg Corral Collective.
All three were interesting. One had totally gorgeous bud and colors. An intense rotten citrus/plastic aroma. The other two looked more like Diesels, and were very similar. I preferred those two the most. Beautiful smoke. My friends all loved it. Great aromas, great flavors, strong potency and not edgy.

I'm always testing/trying new things. I keep thinking of those Chocolate Diesels.

BadRabbit

Hey guys what are your best beans you
popped in the last year or so?
I have done Lucky Dog seeds Double Crush,and Dog Patch. Cannarado TK91,
CSI Gatorbait, and Underdog Urkel.
My plants were healthy, but no keepers
whatsoever out of these. Pictures mean
nothing, everyone has nice pictures. Trouble
is no one wants to admit their pretty picture weed really isn't all that dank. Most stuff just
is lacking in terps, taste, and smell.Of
course getting the lucky pheno would help.

I think what you say is mostly true ... it is not too hard to search through seeds and find plants that are pretty/lovely trichomes and phenotypes ... and many of them have strong or pleasing effects. These are "good finds" and they are photogenic for forum posting too.

But, finding plants that combine those traits with truly engaging, memorable and prominent/lasting terpenes is much more rare - even from quality breeders.

Veteran growers know this and are not surprised by it but it can be frustrating for newer growers who become entranced with all those lovely photos and may be disappointed when they don't quickly find that plant that rivals the local dispensary or coffee shop.

Other times ... you just get damn lucky.

carson

How it's grown matters too. A great strain can come out like hay if grown or dried/cured improperly.

potty1

Future#1 from anesia seeds has a lot of keepers within.
Depending what youre after the plants are all over the range but pretty much all high quality with exeptional plants 1 in 5...

BadRabbit

How it's grown matters too. A great strain can come out like hay if grown or dried/cured improperly.

With respect, that's sorta true IME ... ideal growing conditions will produce healthier plants which produces more/bigger flowers. But the basic traits of that flower will generally shine through in any but the absolute worst conditions.

As to curing ... yeh, but same as above.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
last year I popped black vietnamese x lieu hahn from Huesos, aka asian beauty. great trippy weed. excellent.

KITCHA

Veteran
Hey TS - Ive found that its worthwhile running chosen phenos a second time round to make final selections, I'n my experience I've found phenos that weren't the best from seed runs shining on the second round and the select phenos not as good as they were the first time round, Peace Kit

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Super malawi haze for me. Outstanding and unique high. Invested in 4 more fem packs and one regular to make seeds:D

browntrout

Veteran
For market available seeds, gotta be Barney’s farm Shiskaberry. Highly surprised and impressed with that one.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
East Coast Big Bud (Green Crack x Blue Dream) fems from Useless
And Critical Mass fems from Canuck- which surprised me because usually the stuff from Canuck sucks.

DiverDave

Bio Buck Tech

Bio Buck Tech

Unfair advantage due to Bio Buck Tech

Started in Dec. 2020
Using various LEDs
Till the Mars FC 6500 arrived
just over a week ago.

Just beginning week 12 from seed.

Beans by : Urban Legends
Genetics : Mazarilla - mazar auto x gorilla auto

picture.php

Chop as we go?

picture.php

lol

Last edited:

xerb

Ace is the Place

Ace is the Place

First off, I want to say I am in no way affiliated with ACE seeds.

Last year I sent them a few hard earned bucks and quickly received my package containing:

Red Sapphire
Golden Tiger
Killer A5 Haze
Old Timer Haze
Zamaldelica
Panama Red
Bangi Haze
others I can't remember right now

I must say I love the first four. See my other posts.

Every single female from the Red Sapphire and the Golden Tiger were keepers, just fabulous.

The next two crosses each yielded keepers.
The Killer A5 Haze is now a favorite - I need more seeds!
The OT Haze - totally awesome - another favorite - love those sweet and sour phenos

I have yet to grow out the others on the list, but expect good things!

Producing world class weed has never been easier !! XERB !!

BadRabbit

First off, I want to say I am in no way affiliated with ACE seeds.

Last year I sent them a few hard earned bucks and quickly received my package containing:

Red Sapphire
Golden Tiger
Killer A5 Haze
Old Timer Haze
Zamaldelica
Panama Red
Bangi Haze
others I can't remember right now

I must say I love the first four. See my other posts.

Every single female from the Red Sapphire and the Golden Tiger were keepers, just fabulous.

The next two crosses each yielded keepers.
The Killer A5 Haze is now a favorite - I need more seeds!
The OT Haze - totally awesome - another favorite - love those sweet and sour phenos

I have yet to grow out the others on the list, but expect good things!

Producing world class weed has never been easier !! XERB !!

Just curious xerb, was that an Ace mix pack or separate orders of each sort?

Glad to see this thread coming to life !
Xerb you have had exceptional luck, I
have never seen strains where every plant is a keeper.

Latest posts

Latest posts