What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Alternatives to cannabis for temporary medicine

Klompen

My partner and I both use cannabis very heavily due to a combination of issues(in a non-legal state). Our particular issues are digestive and neurological. I have issues with gluten, fatty foods, and a few other less problematic things(such as mild lactose intolerance), as well as also being autistic and having a few nervous system disorders(restless leg syndrome being a major one). My partner was damaged by a prescription drug and has a nervous disorder that is supposed to be incurable and basically untreatable(beyond 60 days or so), but cannabis allows her to be symptom-free.

Our outdoor crop got hit with early snow and ended up being much less plentiful and medicinal than we hoped. So we're basically out of bud here soon and my current crop won't be done till at least New Years Day. So as we run out here, I really need to find some good alternative medicines for nausea and nervous problems. I mean, it would be good to find stuff that I can add to my regular routine perhaps, but mostly we need to weather a few weeks of little-or-no bud.

Personally I have used cola(mainly Pepsi), and that has helped for a long time with the nausea, but these days even that isn't working. I barely can stand food anymore. I really hate eating most of the time. My relationship with food has just gotten narrower and harder to satisfy. I also can't really deal with hard/crunchy type foods. Any suggestions on tricks to fight the bleh feeling in my middle or to help with the nerves would be most appreciated.

troutman

Seed Whore
Try eating some foods you have never thought of purchasing. I try to do this to mix it up every time I go shopping.
The worse thing a person can do is eat the exact same foods for years on end. The body needs this to stay healthy.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Peppermint and melissa tea can calm down a bad stomach. Also sage tea if u like the taste.
I personaly get stomach ache from too much camomile tea.

Klompen

Try eating some foods you have never thought of purchasing. I try to do this to mix it up every time I go shopping.
The worse thing a person can do is eat the exact same foods for years on end. The body needs this to stay healthy.

Its doubly-bad for me since I can't eat 99% of the food in the store(mostly due to glutens). Finding new foods is very very hard. Its even worse when I try to go out to eat with people; most restaurants don't due GF and of those that do, very few do it correctly for those with an actual intolerance(as opposed to fad diets). I did recently discover I can actually manage to eat fruit when its in jello. So that's an improvement....

Klompen

Peppermint and melissa tea can calm down a bad stomach. Also sage tea if u like the taste.
I personaly get stomach ache from too much camomile tea.

I am not familiar with melissa tea. Sage tea sounds.... horrifying, but it sure might be worth trying. I do have some bags of peppermint tea though and never really considered it as a stomach-settler.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
as an alternative for relaxation, have you tried kava?
its made from a tropical root and gives a buzz that some find very pleasant
you can usually find it at health food stores or places like gnc

that sucks about the crop, maybe take some and make an oil you can injest
something about eating it makes it hit me a lot harder, so maybe it could upgrade the high from you stuff

jello with fruit sounds great btw! feel better soon

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
perhaps you can source cbd products at a vitamin store or gas station. There are plenty of herbs that can calm the nervous system, lemon balm is one that comes to mind. B vitamins are also good for the nervous system. Lions Mane mushrooms are good nervous system support. Root out MSG from you diet it in all its alternative names and items that contain it. Triple Warmer meridian, calm it. I've never tried kratom but I know people get it at gas stations and it has sedative effects.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
hops, rosemary, lavender, and mákosbejgli xD

https://recipes.fandom.com/wiki/Makosbeigli

:D --> Poppy seed moon strudel (wtf!?)

iu

mr.brunch

Veteran
Careful with the mint... mint only really helps with gas problems as it helps open the oesophageal sphincter. Can make nausea worse

chilliwilli

Waterboy
as an alternative for relaxation, have you tried kava?
its made from a tropical root and gives a buzz that some find very pleasant
you can usually find it at health food stores or places like gnc

that sucks about the crop, maybe take some and make an oil you can injest
something about eating it makes it hit me a lot harder, so maybe it could upgrade the high from you stuff

jello with fruit sounds great btw! feel better soon

Also thought kava kava would work but can be bad for the liver.

Making oil is a very good recommendation. Nice way to turn low grade stuff in something real potent.
When i smoke oil i feel it the next day. Its most of the time more than one dab when i smoke it but also one could be felt the next day.

Klompen

How about delisse? Pepsi? At least hit the real thing Coca-Cola. You can buy coca tea/natural coca, but shipping may take some time.

I really can't stand Coke honestly. Cherry Coke is tolerable, but Cherry Pepsi is preferable for me anyway. Coke has a "peppery" sort of flavor to it that I just don't love.

Klompen

Also thought kava kava would work but can be bad for the liver.

Making oil is a very good recommendation. Nice way to turn low grade stuff in something real potent.
When i smoke oil i feel it the next day. Its most of the time more than one dab when i smoke it but also one could be felt the next day.

I have never heard of kava kava, but I'll look it up.

Basically we have always used iso oil as a bit of a fall-back option when we get desperate. I've never had enough bud to spare it to make oil so our oil is always made from leaves. Its better than nothing, but a little gross overall. This last batch I took a little bit of early sample stuff from our outdoor and then coated it in oil to make a sort of crude jelly hash. One day I would love oil I could feel more than an hour or two later. I have a pretty high natural tolerance, which really sucks. My partner and I have both had people leaving our houses crawling on their bellies and puking because they were freaking out about being too high and we're like "yeah I could do another blunt" lol... It would be so much easier if I had a low tolerance!