What's new

12/12

bushed

Flower is counted from when the flowers start to form.

As the time from 12/12 till the start of flower can be varied, for example a young seedling put into flower will take a couple of weeks where as a mature plant that has already shown sex will only take a couple of days.

Dont worry too much about the breeders description of flowering time, if its your first grow, when ever you think its ready leave it another 2 weeks

Richietoker

Flower is counted from when the flowers start to form.

As the time from 12/12 till the start of flower can be varied, for example a young seedling put into flower will take a couple of weeks where as a mature plant that has already shown sex will only take a couple of days.

Dont worry too much about the breeders description of flowering time, if its your first grow, when ever you think its ready leave it another 2 weeks

Thanks, I have grown before, just wanted to hear what people think. I veg'd my girl for 31/2 weeks so it is a bit slow.

flameninja

Depends if im growing indoors or out,indoors i count as soon as i see pistils/pre flowers because indoors its only a matter of days before real buds start to form. Outdoors however i have had some plants sit in the pre flower stage for weeks before "full on" flowering begins so i count from first proper cluster before starting the countdown.
:respect:

Richietoker

Depends if im growing indoors or out,indoors i count as soon as i see pistils/pre flowers because indoors its only a matter of days before real buds start to form. Outdoors however i have had some plants sit in the pre flower stage for weeks before "full on" flowering begins so i count from first proper cluster before starting the countdown.
:respect:

Thanks for the input..:tiphat:

SativaBreather

Veteran
I count it from the day i go 12/12

if u got an extreme sat they can look like fuck all is happening at thats age but if its some modern femmed 8/9 wk hybrid u ought be seeing something resembling the start of flower now

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am in week 3 of 12/12 and still no buds..anyone else had this before??

Depends on strain. Sativas take longer to see changes. Did you flush veg nutrients and start 1/2 strength with bloom nutz?

Also depends on your light source....suboptimal creates longer grow/bud time.

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Count flower from the day you put them under 12/12. To do anything other than that leaves it to subjectivity of the individual.

My understand it is takes roughly 3-5 days once introduced to a 12 hour dark period for the plant to chemically begin producing a different set of hormones within itself, at least to the point of where a measurable difference occurs. However, because this change is occuring and you don't physically see those changes immediately that doesn't mean the plants do not begin this shift immediately after the first 12 hour dark cycle and simply haven't yet accumulated enough of these chemical signals to be measurable.

Other factors such as general plant maturity (age from being a seedling), plant height, size/health of roots structure, environmental temperature, etc seem to play a role in how apt a plant is to shift from one pahse of growth the the next - regardless if that be from veg to flowering or flowering back to veg.

To read more about such topics in a wider range of plant species, search such topics as plant physiology and photoperiod and catalase effect on photoperiod.

dank.Frank