What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sore throat

Trichmate

My dad has sore throat for a few months now, he told me a few days ago. What do you guys think that I should mix with hash oil so he could gurgle it. Yesterday I gave him some oil in size of maybe2 rice and he was baked too hard and to long, I was thinking that it would be good way to mix it with some cocos or any other oil. Maybe any body knows a better method?

diffusing

personally, I'd encourage him to see a doctor. cannabis works great for lots of things, but that situation just sounds wrong. It would be worth checking out with a professional.. it may be easily solved or an indicator of other things going on...

not trying to be a dick at all..

imho anyway

Scroggy B

What did the doctor say it is?
Is it a bacterial infection? Is it chronic laryngitis? Sore throat is a symptom, not a condition.
I would try some other treatment for that. Since I suffer from this crap a lot, and for prolonged periods, I have some recipes that can help. First, you should try gargling warm, salty water. Everyday, few times a day. There are some herbal infusions you can make as well. PM me if you want some recipes.

Trichmate

Doctor said he was ok, maybe just an easy cold, he allready try gargling with sage with no positive results so far. I will mix some hash and hemp or coconut oil together and will see how it works out. I'm a bit worried about it becouse he is big time cigs smoker, that is why I want to add hash oil to the mix if maybe just maybe something going on. He´s got next appointment at the doctor in january. I cannot send pm´s, do not have 50 post yet

rhino420

I would seek a second doctor to get a better diagnoses to that sore throat. sounds more severe than a mild cold. gargle in salt water.

NEGT1

Oral hygiene is important. Obviously we have no idea what it is but other than salt water, a 1:1 mix of hydrogen peroxide to water is a good rinse (don't rinse for over a minute). Oil rinses are also really beneficial especially when done for prolonged periods of time.

Scroggy B

I would seek a second doctor to get a better diagnoses to that sore throat. sounds more severe than a mild cold. gargle in salt water.

Rhino is right, sounds like you should get a more serious analysis to exclude other possible conditions.
Maybe you could try and convince him to smoke e-cigs? Smoking cigarettes is probably the cause to whatever his condition is. I know because I had been smoking them too, and quit.
As for oral hygiene, you can try chewing ginger root few times a day. Fresh garlic does the job too, annihilating bacteria (and sometimes close range social interaction too ;)
What are the symptoms? Sore throat only? Mucus? Cough? Tonsillitis? Wheezing? Tell me more, and I'll translate and paste some of grandma's recipes. Though the best thing is to quit smoking. If it's only sore, dry, burning throat you can suck on some lemon slices with honey.

v1ru5

Aw man. Throat pain and loads of smoking? That smoking contributes to the pain, but I guess the poor fella is very hooked.

Get him off the cigs first or make him cut down a lot.

I haven't smoked in years, and actually when I smoked TWO cigs last weekend, I got a throat infection during the week straight after the smoking... So that's why I say the most major player here are the cigarettes

NEGT1

Also, dipping a cotton swap in the 1:1 peroxide/water mix and cleaning the back of the mouth and sides of the throat once in a while isn't a horrible idea simply for maintenance.

SativaBreather

Veteran
cannabis isnt the answer to everything
try colloidal silver 3x a day til its gone
spray or take a glug out the bottle, dont put ona metal spoon

Trichmate

It´s only sore and dry but just in case if something is goin on I will give him my mix to gargl one time per day and something else for other few times, thanks for the tips guys.

TobyGossett

More people have said it, but getting off the cigarettes is going to be one of the best things to do. As someone who has lived with a smoker, it is almost a night and day difference in what happens in people who stop using cigarettes like that. Truly remarkable.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
It´s only sore and dry
For several months.

Your white coat is a moron. Take your pop to a Naturapath or at least another white coat (doctor).

There's no reason for a sore/dry throat for months on end. There's definitely something other than smoking that's causing the issue. Whether that's conditions where he lives, food he's eating, environmental concerns he's exposed to, possibly even cancer...

Figure it out, eh?

:tiphat:

Trichmate

His throat is a bit better, now it´s only sore and dry in late afternoon, thru the day it´s fine. He gargles 3 times per day in morning with salt water in the evening with sage tea and in the afternoon with my mix. Will seee how it goes on.