What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Male Pollen Health Benefits?

mrrangz

Hey Guys,

Im searching for information about any related health benefits of consuming male cannabis pollen or any analysis to see what exactly is in male pollen (amino acids, etc etc)

Reason for this = there is many plants (pine pollen, maca, hgw extract......) that stimulate and provide health benefits in males.

Maybe cannabis pollen can provide similar effects??

Thanx

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I know a lot of people do not like to be around male pollen. It causes them to have itching scratching and runny noses like hay fever or allergies. It does not bother me at all, I can rub it all over, breath it, eat it, zero problems, but I do not know of any benefits.
-SamS

dddaver

Veteran
Not trying to be a smart-ass or anything, but has anyone ever heard of pollen that WASN'T male?

dddaver

Veteran
No point. An observation maybe?

I thought I had combed my hair over it so you couldn't see that point.

Now, back at the ranch....

mrrangz

well to clarify it,

male pollen as in true male plant and not stressed or chem induced hermaphrodite plants.

L

Luther Burbank

Rangz you're now implying there might be chemical differences between male and intersex pollen. Better to just own that "male pollen' was a redundancy than dig a big hole by suggesting you were purposely referring to true male pollen.

mrrangz

not implying, but any question can be picked at to a different outcome/understanding it all depends on the viewers way of understanding the question.

i do believe there is a difference between herms and and a true male specimen.

whats the difference? pfff wish i knew maybe the herms holds a better chemical composition profile vs male. maybe not (here to find out) cant find no info nowhere

anyone?

mrrangz

both of you make good points, maybe im not explaining right. But to get technical true male pollen (with the idea of human ingestion).

Bee's often take pollen to eat later... its supposed to be high in protein... just like out semen is loaded with vitamins and amino acids and such all pollen (maybe i should say most) will have some health benefit..

its my humble opinion that males should be juiced...

L

Luther Burbank

not implying, but any question can be picked at to a different outcome/understanding it all depends on the viewers way of understanding the question.

i do believe there is a difference between herms and and a true male specimen.

whats the difference? pfff wish i knew maybe the herms holds a better chemical composition profile vs male. maybe not (here to find out) cant find no info nowhere

Then you're purely speculating. Do you have any evidence or information of any sort to lead you to believe there's a difference? I'm sorry to nail you down on this but ic has gotten way too unscientific and it's a waste of time to speculate on answers to questions that themselves were pure speculation. I don't want in three months to see someone else speculating on something wacky and using your speculation as his foundation. Too much of that around here leads to insane unscientific beliefs about cannabis.

I see no reason to believe intersex pollen would be chemically different than "true" stamenate pollen. All plants will show male without the presence of ethylene, xx or xy genes regardless.

One love.

Runt

Pollen is widely used as a nutritional supplement, Eastern Europeans also use "perga" which is also called "bee bread" do to the pollen being mixed with honey. I´ve never heard of cannabis pollen having any added benefits.

mrrangz

Then you're purely speculating. Do you have any evidence or information of any sort to lead you to believe there's a difference? I'm sorry to nail you down on this but ic has gotten way too unscientific and it's a waste of time to speculate on answers to questions that themselves were pure speculation. I don't want in three months to see someone else speculating on something wacky and using your speculation as his foundation. Too much of that around here leads to insane unscientific beliefs about cannabis.

I see no reason to believe intersex pollen would be chemically different than "true" stamenate pollen. All plants will show male without the presence of ethylene, xx or xy genes regardless.

One love.

yep just speculating, reason this came to be is based on plant extracts which mimic or have some type of androgen content.
(pine pollen, maca, Tribulus Terrestris, Epimedium to name a few)

i understand your unscientific point on ic. but dosent speculation lead to answers?

Nader

Veteran
I just ate a small handful of fresh male cannabis flowers (with plenty of the pollen) and it feels wonderful, especially after eating poorly for a few days!!!

I've had pine pollen, and Camellia sinensis pollen (cracked cell wall) both had a positive effect on me. But man, having it this fresh sure is something else. I'm thinking the pollen is mad nutrient dense and who knows, maybe even synergistic with the fats in the seeds :)

Darkstar01

Not trying to be a smart-ass or anything, but has anyone ever heard of pollen that WASN'T male?

Well it depends on how you mean that genetically?

Lets say you had a female or a hermaphrodite plant. One all female, one partially female.

What you do is spray colloidal silver under the leaves until they show sex, and even if the mother plant started as a female, and was changed into a male via the colloidal silver. You then take the pollen from the female-male flowers and fertilize another female the resulting seeds will have higher percentage of females to male ratio. After doing this for awhile you will end up with 95% female, 5% Then you technically have female pollen genetically. :)

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Rangz you're now implying there might be chemical differences between male and intersex pollen. Better to just own that "male pollen' was a redundancy than dig a big hole by suggesting you were purposely referring to true male pollen.

LOLz

L

Luther Burbank

I just ate a small handful of fresh male cannabis flowers (with plenty of the pollen) and it feels wonderful, especially after eating poorly for a few days!!!

I've had pine pollen, and Camellia sinensis pollen (cracked cell wall) both had a positive effect on me. But man, having it this fresh sure is something else. I'm thinking the pollen is mad nutrient dense and who knows, maybe even synergistic with the fats in the seeds :)

Even if male cannabis pollen had some health benefits there's no way a small amount like a handful could be so nutrient dense or strong as to give you an immediate benefit. Certainly wouldn't be any reason fresh should be better except an established conception that fresh means healthier with other foods. I think you're dressing up a very loose hypothesis in half homeopathy and half scientific terms. This sounds like complete placebo effect to me - you're looking for confirmation of your belief that pollen makes you feel better and finding it.

Well it depends on how you mean that genetically?

Lets say you had a female or a hermaphrodite plant. One all female, one partially female.

What you do is spray colloidal silver under the leaves until they show sex, and even if the mother plant started as a female, and was changed into a male via the colloidal silver. You then take the pollen from the female-male flowers and fertilize another female the resulting seeds will have higher percentage of females to male ratio. After doing this for awhile you will end up with 95% female, 5% Then you technically have female pollen genetically. :)

Good grief, what a first post. Hermaphrodites and intersex plants are not at all the same thing. Second, the implication that it takes multiple generations or that you'll end up with some males is completely incorrect. When you force a female plant to put off male flowers the only genetic material it has to pass along is XX, there is no Y gene - so all resultant seeds will be XX females genetically. Whether those offspring show intersex traits depends on the parents used.

L

Luther Burbank

SB, I'm not familiar with any scientific backing for its efficacy, and it seems to me a big assumption even if Polen Burst has benefits to assume that an unrelated species' pollen must also be beneficial, or that a small amount could have such immediate benefit as to be noticeable. If this were the case, considering we've found a use for so many parts of the cannabis plant, I feel we would have evidence for the use of its pollen as a food stuff or traditional medicine, and as far as I know we don't. Not trying to stir the shitpot, but there seems to be a lot of theories like this floating around the medicinal side of cannabis that are lightly dusted with science and defended with "but it might be true, prove that it's not true". It's strange to see science tried to be bent to defend hypotheses which don't hold water when put through the scientific wringer. Not directed that at you SB, but at this subforum in general.