What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who's Enjoying Our Medical Cannabis?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Oh great!

I thought I was delusional and it passed two and a half years ago and we still haven't got our shit together....

I suppose we should all be patient.

Hahahaha get it??

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I know I'm not enjoying it. Yep, never even heard of a single med patient. Over the summer I read an article somewhere that said they dropped the ball with the grow facilities and the crop they intended to be ready by September would get pushed back a few months. Who even knows what happened with that. Are there even any outlets open for registered patients to make purchases at?

dddaver

Veteran
FL's story is very similar. MMJ was passed as a constitutional amendment by an overwhelming majority in 2016. But the conservative politicians are not serving the will of people in this "democratic republic" and have tied it up since. Both here and in Ohio.

There are bigger cities here, like Tallahassee or Tampa, that have dispensaries. But those are few and far between. And even if they do exist, those are severely restricted.

I think these professional politicians not serving the will of the people is making the red state of Ohio (going for Trump) the same reason the red state (going for Trump) that FL is being restricted. The people are being screwed.

IT'S ALL POLITICS. And I also think election fraud is rampant in both our states.

And we also can thank the policies of MPP for a lot of this.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Here is an update... https://www.medicalmarijuana.ohio.gov/Documents/PatientsCaregivers/Activation%20of%20the%20Patient%20and%20Caregiver%20Registry.pdf

If you want to follow, go here... https://www.medicalmarijuana.ohio.gov/

It is expected that all the dispensaries will be stocked by early 2019. The problem stems from none of the growers passing the requirements to start growing. They all got their license but every facility failed the inspection to start growing so everyone starts over. I understand there is a dispensary in Cinci that had some inventory but it sold out in one day.

Funny, I waited my entire life for this and now that it's happening, I am moving out of Ohio. LOL

Ohio law still says you are not allowed to smoke pot. Only vape and edibles. That cracks me up. Yeah, pot is legal but you can't smoke it. Exactly the kind of thinking that is making me leave. LOL

starke

Yeah, I'm proud to be a Floridian. It took the personal injury lawyer who was the force behind the amendment campaign suing the state to even get what little we have going thus far. It is amazing to me that 71% of the people in this state spoke clearly in favor the medicinal amendment yet our elected officials essentially ignored the mandate given to them.

Think I will just keep on keepin' on under the radar. Screw 'em.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
FL's story is very similar. MMJ was passed as a constitutional amendment by an overwhelming majority in 2016. But the conservative politicians are not serving the will of people in this "democratic republic" and have tied it up since. Both here and in Ohio.

There are bigger cities here, like Tallahassee or Tampa, that have dispensaries. But those are few and far between. And even if they do exist, those are severely restricted.

I think these professional politicians not serving the will of the people is making the red state of Ohio (going for Trump) the same reason the red state (going for Trump) that FL is being restricted. The people are being screwed.

IT'S ALL POLITICS. And I also think election fraud is rampant in both our states.

And we also can thank the policies of MPP for a lot of this.

I think Kasich got a little nervous after seeing a legalization bill land on the ballot and decided to compromise (if you can call it that) for a very restricted medical law instead of waiting for a better legalization proposal to show up and possibly pass.

To me it seems like the majority of voters and politicians in the buckeye state simply don't want pot to be legal. Ohioans also don't like to see the Ohio constitution altered. Hopefully Michigan's change of law will have some influence on the region.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I figure the no flowers policy is to strangle growers because anything that's not processed beyond will likely be crushed under stricter policies.

The fact we won't be allowed to grow should be unacceptable.

To not be able to purchase flowers seems like common fuckery in broad daylight.

I know why they want to do this without our vote.

dddaver

Veteran
I figure the no flowers policy is to strangle growers because anything that's not processed beyond will likely be crushed under stricter policies.

The fact we won't be allowed to grow should be unacceptable.

To not be able to purchase flowers seems like common fuckery in broad daylight.

I know why they want to do this without our vote.

You can thank the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) a lot for this. They are a powerful lobbying organization that is working for our "BEHALF?"

A few years ago I traded a few emails with those slugs when I saw this no flowers/no grow policy first being adopted and passed, with MPP's support, in NY and NJ. Their excuse for supporting that flawed policy was the first we need passage of any MMJ. Then work on the home growing part later. I felt that fraught with holes and dangerous and would be taken advantage of by big pharma.

I am being proven right. Now look what we have. LARGELY due to the policies of our BENEFACTORS? The people working for us?

MCGold

No idea if you can edit a post or not, but anyways yeah the idea was for oil and concentrates and then they added flower to the list, but there is a caveat to it. You HAVE TO vape said flower. I hope we get someone to push a good rec. bill through because Dewine is never going to do a thing for cannabis. Heck they took it off the ballot for 2019. Gerrymandering sucks and it's the only way the Repub's can stay in office these days.

MCGold

Here's to hoping Recreational Cannabis gets on the ballot in 2021. Not hopeful, but who knows what the new year holds? Cheers everyone!

No idea if you can edit a post or not, but anyways yeah the idea was for oil and concentrates and then they added flower to the list, but there is a caveat to it. You HAVE TO vape said flower. I hope we get someone to push a good rec. bill through because Dewine is never going to do a thing for cannabis. Heck they took it off the ballot for 2019. Gerrymandering sucks and it's the only way the Repub's can stay in office these days.
I dont see any dems on the front lines crusading for rec. All one and the same. Dont you get it?

MCGold

I dont see any dems on the front lines crusading for rec. All one and the same. Dont you get it?

The House of Reps just passed the MORE act which would legalize at the Federal level. I doubt McConnell and the Senate will even allow it to come to a vote though. Just hoping now that the Dems win in Georgia and will be able to get it passed in the Senate too. You have to stay positive otherwise you end up negative and miserable. Cheers!