What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does this shit looks like LED burn / bleaching ??

Hubbleman

Veteran
Buddy noticed yellow / light green "skeleton" on leaves
He's growing under 100 watt led at 60cm distance from the plant

picture.php

Now is this light burn or nute defficincy / over feeding?? (My buddy doing all organic grow)

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Reminds me of early stages of magnesium deficiency. Is that coloring hitting the newest growth and spreading to the older growth? If so it probably is magnesium. RQS recommends using a 1tablespoon of Epsom Salt per 5 liter Water mixture as a foliar spray. It's 100% organic. Google search goes to other pictures of magnesium deficiency and the RQS link goes to their blog. Oh and i don't think it's light burn, all my cases of plant too close light burn resulted in actual white, crispy plants that looked burnt.
https://www.google.com/search?clien...Kd_QaW-6KQDQ&q=marijuana+magnesium+deficiency
https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-epsom-salts-a-natural-hack-to-grow-healthy-cannabis-plants-n837

Koondense

Veteran
This is not light burn, nor is it overfeeding.
Probably just a bit too low temperatures which promote a slight lockout of some sort, iron comes to mind first.
Raise the temps and humidity first.

Cheers

Hubbleman

Veteran
Cheers guys

My mate waters peat soil mix with water and organic liquid nutes once a week

Yea his liquid nutes are good shit, makes me wonder how come there's still deficency... maybe water with nutes more often / keep watering once a week but increase nute intake ?? :chin:

Hubbleman

Veteran
Here

I tried it once.

I had this bag of super cheap supermarket soil laying around.
I flushed it and amended it with some good organic amendments.
(Atleast I thought I got the synthetics out of it...)

But no, I was wrong. I planted into it and after a short while I was running into issues. Know as Synthetic Death. It can happen when you mix synthetic and organic nutrients. My plants where clawing like crazy and were showing several other overfertilization/lockout issues.

I managed to pull the plants through. But the soil was pure crap also. After a few weeks it turned into this compact block which took forever to take water in...

I won't be doing that again.

Dude said he experienced same problem, a lock out

My friend used shitty time release fertilised soil for seedling , and proper organic soil for veg growth . 2 got mixed up - organic soil + cheap nute from seedling pot, I hope the shitty time release nute have finished cycle .

We checked today and the plant hasn't changed, it didn't get better but it didn't get worse too. Fingers crossed plant will recover.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
with only 100 watts at 60cm you are probably not getting enough light to the plant.

magnesium is the central atom in all chlorophyll molecule types. if the plant is not getting enough light the plant leaf is not in full photosynthetic production and this can display as a magnesium deficiency.

you know you are getting adequate amounts of magnesium in your feed and if your feed is a commercial product then it probably has fairly balanced ratios so if it is not a ph induced lock out or partial lockout it has to be light.

if it were a ph problem you would have other displays as well.

if the leaf shown is further down on the plant and the top still looks good then that further reinforces this theory.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep,,
They need a bit more heat to get nice and comfy,,
No biggie as above have recommended, ,,s2