What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider mite questions

Stank TaNk

No pest strips use Dichlorvos or 2, 2-dichlorovinyl dimethyl phosphate (DDVP) a highly volatile organophosphate.

EPA has classified dichlorvos as a Group B2, probable human carcinogen.A study by the National Toxicology Program (NTP) reported an increased incidence of tumors of the pancreas, mammary glands, and forestomach in animals.

Yeah.... I want to use this stuff around my family and weed.

And this is helpful to this discussion how? A lot of things you come in contact with on a daily basis can give you cancer. Air out room and seal in air tight container. Simple.

M

Mr D

Because people use them to control spider mites?

Because people might use 6 in a space that only requires 1 and could be unaware they are poisoning themselves?

Sorry for interrupting, I'll leave you blokes to your own.

Stank TaNk

its in a space that is not inhabited by anyone. The room is fully ventilated before I go in there and work... People are as stupid as you think they are...

doams

try 2ml neem oil and 1ml dishwashing soap mixed into 1 liter water

/1 foliar spray once a day for 2 days/

Stank TaNk

So thx everyone for the replies and suggestions. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mr. Greengenes,, [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]aridbud, [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Douglas.Curtis , [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]gladysvjubb , [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]mr.brunch , [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bjorn to farm. and[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]yes even you @Mr D. I understand your concern but if you use the NPS correctly and smartly, the risk and percentage of being poisoned is nil. The benefit is that it killed the little bastards. The borg is dead as far as far as I can tell. Checked on the ladies 2 days ago, and today and no signs of any new damage or any pests themselves. I'm guessing the over kill amount of NPS I had in the room nuked the fuckers and I feel fucking fantastic about it.

Here are some pics I took today. The ladies seem to be doing a lot better since last week.

Stank TaNk

Im not concerned. The walls have been wiped with isopropyl and the floors and equipment have been wiped with bleach. Plants have been sprayed down twice with water.

OregonBorn

Simple fix for spider and broad mites: 1 cuppa 3% hydrogen peroxide in a gallon of water plus 2 tablespoons of old style gold Listerine mouthwash plus a teaspoon of soap spreader. Spray liberally or dunk plants. Spot spray as needed for broad and spider mites if you see any pinwheel leaves or spray-painted looking leaves. Non toxic, just do not drink the stuff. No possible ways for mites to build resistance to this spray. This spray will kill all stages of mites and eggs on contact. It can be used up to harvest time.

As for mites returning, they are carried by flies and stink bugs, as well as other insects, pets, your clothes and the wind. Inspect your plants often. I inspect all my plants at least once every other day. I also assume that my plants are continuously exposed to mites and spray this stuff on all my plants every 2 weeks, and spot spray if I see any signs of mites. It works. I also burn all old and any removed leaves. I also rotate in refined Neem Oil spray now and then. They do not like Neem. Wild and cultivated cane berries are now infested with broad mites from coast to coast in the US, after being deliberately released to try to combat invasive wild Himalayan blackberry in the western US. Dumb idea, the wild blackberries are still here, commercial black and raspberry fields are devastated by this pest. Spider mites are also everywhere now, and there are several species of them around.

Spray, spray, and re-spray. Then spray again after that. Then spray once more, and then... spray again!