What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Problems with my DIY COB's

here are the healthy plants :

Attachments

• F2A.jpg
    F2A.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 31
  • F2B.jpg
    F2B.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 29
  • F2C.jpg
    F2C.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 29

St. Phatty

If you look at my 2 (well actually 5 1/2, but 2 in the pic) Indica-dom seedlings, in the first frame the leaves are drooping.

attachment.php

In the other frames the leaves display "phototropism", the normal "growing towards the light" behavior you see all the time from Cannabis.

I think the leaves are drooping because I had just watered them, and the plants were sitting in the drainwater = Less Oxygen for the Roots.

If you look at my 2 (well actually 5 1/2, but 2 in the pic) Indica-dom seedlings, in the first frame the leaves are drooping.

View Image

In the other frames the leaves display "phototropism", the normal "growing towards the light" behavior you see all the time from Cannabis.

I think the leaves are drooping because I had just watered them, and the plants were sitting in the drainwater = Less Oxygen for the Roots.

Many causes to drooping leaves. Drooping leaves = unhappy plant anyway

Hi Happy Growers !
It's been a while without growing but now i'm back in a new basement.

So to make it short, i've had issues with my CXB3070 CREE COB's that were 2 years old, more or less, in a 12/12 schedule most of the time. These LED's were driven by cheap chinese led driver (2 or 3 died after less than 1 year).

My plants had droopy leaves just after being exposed to my lightings.

Many people here thought it's was a PH issue or something like this, but i knew it was the LED's.

So now, i changed the LED's for brand new ones, changed for Meanwell drivers, i use the same bubbler setup, same nutes, and the plants love it! :D:D:D

So i don't know what happened to my old LED's, but the spectrum seemed to be bad. Maybe because of the cheap drivers, i don't know, but anyway i'm happy with the meanwell drivers because i waist less money in electricity. Chinese drivers were very hot...