What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Is More Dangerous Than You Think

Is this what they call journalism?

Is this what they call journalism?

That article is just hilarious. Full of speculation after bold statements of completely manufactured conclusions without looking at the detailed facts. Hhhm....who do I know does that?

I’m glad I never signed up for this purchased article advertisement paper. What a joke.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Basically its not a commodity that significantly shortens our lifespans so they just hate it.. it also makes you more likely to perceive them as the grotesque sub human swines they are. And make themselves probably perceive themselves as shitbags as well.. How many people know someone who was working for the devil (money money money) and one Joint made them see the light? I know 100s..

ive met these privileged bankers type people all around the world in these illegal sales districts that the pirates/colonialist crown corp own and officiate from. Same snakes, same suits possibly different colour skins but same house of the rising sun. The cult of the city.

Anyway refined white sugar has done more damage than any drug ever, possibly with the exeption of its sweet enough sister ethanol.. but no one is talking about the fact people are now being born with Type 2 diabetes and that lifespans are going down accross the west, due to carcinogens and a lack of phytochemically active fresh food to balance out oxidative stress/telomere shortening and poor detoxification, generation on generation.. we aint going forward, the wheels are spinning back.

Good little capitalists buy white goods until the none native EMFs and highly processed sugary diet gives them cancer..

I see these guys like dark wizards dealing in snake oil and poison. Its all about packaging and tricking the masses..

FUCKEM..

Last edited:

meizzwang

Ad Hoc : a logical fallacy that occurs when a person gives an explanation for an event and the explanation is written or said as an argument for the event. ... The untestable answer does not truly answer or explain anything to the other person.

The article is filled with this logical fallacy.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
hmm... it started with ...

Over the past 30 years, a shrewd and expensive lobbying campaign has made Americans more tolerant of marijuana.

fact check?

it started with one man in the 30's that told america what the were going to see and read and think..

Randolph Hearst.

Hearst Communications Inc.
Hearst logo.svg
Hearstowernyc.JPG
Hearst Tower in Manhattan, New York City, United States
Type
Private
Industry Mass media
Founded March 4, 1887; 131 years ago
San Francisco, California, United States
Founder William Randolph Hearst
Headquarters
Hearst Tower
Midtown Manhattan
New York City, United States
Key people
William Randolph Hearst III
(chairman)
Frank A. Bennack Jr.
(executive vice chairman)
Steve Swartz
(president and CEO)
Revenue IncreaseUS$10.8 billion (2016)[1]
Owner Hearst family (100%)[2]
Number of employees
20,000 (2016)[1]
Divisions
Hearst Television
Hearst Magazines
Hearst Ventures
Hearst Business Media
Hearst Entertainment & Syndication
Hearst Newspapers
Verizon Hearst Media Partners (50%)
Subsidiaries
Fitch Ratings
First Databank
A&E Networks (50%)
ESPN Inc. (20%)
King Features Syndicate
Litton Entertainment (majority share)
NorthSouth Productions (50%)
Website hearst.com
Hearst Communications often referred to simply as Hearst, is an American mass media and business information conglomerate based in New York City.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
William Randolph Hearst

According to journalist George Seldes:

"Hitler had the support of the most widely circulated magazine in history, Readers Digest, as well as nineteen big-city newspapers and one of the three great American news agencies, the $220-million Hearst press empire.

Hearst…was the lord of all the press lords in the United States. The millions who read the Hearst newspapers and magazines and saw Hearst newsreels in the nation's moviehouses had their minds poisoned by Hitler propaganda."

Seldes recounts that the American Ambassador to Germany, William E. Dodd, told him that

"[When] Hearst came to take the waters at Bad Nauheim [Germany] in September 1934…Hitler sent two of his most trusted Nazi propagandists…to ask Hearst how Nazism could present a better image in the U.S. When Hearst went to Berlin later in the month, he was taken to see Hitler."

Seldes reports that a $400,000 a year deal was struck between Hearst and Hitler, and signed by Doctor Joseph Goebbels, the Nazi propaganda minister. "Hearst," continues Seldes, "completely changed the editorial policy of his nineteen daily newspapers the same month he got the money."

In court documents filed on behalf of Dan Gillmor, publisher of a magazine Friday, in response to a lawsuit by Hearst, he states:

"Promptly after this visit with Adolf Hitler and the making of said arrangements... plaintiff, William Randolph Hearst, instructed all Hearst press correspondents in Germany, including those of INS (Hearst's International News Service) to report happenings in Germany only in a friendly manner. All of correspondents reporting happenings in Germany accurately and without friendliness, sympathy and bias for the actions of the German government, were transferred elsewhere, discharged, or forced to resign."

In the late 1930s, Seldes recounts, when "several sedition indictments [were brought by] the Department of Justice...against a score or two of Americans, the defendants included an unusually large minority of newspaper men and women, most of them Hearst employees."

Source: Randy Davis, "Nazis in the Attic"
http://www.emperors-clothes.com/articles/randy/swas1.htm

---

William Randolph Hearst is known as one of the largest media moguls of all time. During the 1930s, he worked with the Nazi party to help promote a positive image of the Nazi party in American media. He also received loans from Italian fascist bankers during this time. The actions of Hearst were an important element in shaping American sentiment about not getting involved in the political situation in Europe as many Americans were lead to believe that there was nothing terribly wrong going on in Europe, and even after the war started some Americans continued to support the Nazi regime based on the propaganda that they had been exposed to through Hearst media sources.

Source: "This War Is About So Much More."
http://ww.rationalrevolution.net/american_supporters_of_the_europ.htm

---

In 1935, John Spivak described Hearst's:

"current efforts to scare up the 'Red' bogey as one of the first steps in preparing the country for Fascism. Hearst, with his chain of newspapers reaches millions of readers. Just before he started his anti-Red drive he returned from a visit to Germany where he had conferred with Hitler and other Nazi leaders. Shortly after his arrival home he stated in a front page editorial that this country need not fear Fascism, that Fascism can come only when a country is menaced by Communism."
Source: John Spivak, New Masses, Feb. 5, 1935
http://coat.ncf.ca/our_magazine/links/53/spivak-NewMasses.pdf

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
How much you wanna bet that 5 years from now they are going to say that cannabis potency has doubled. Which one of you is hoarding all these great genetics and not sharing them with the rest of us? :biggrin:

OregonBorn

In short, the Wall Street Journal can suck it, along with their paid, self serving so called journalism.

Wait until weed is finally and 'really' legalized in the US. Then the WS fish wrapper will flip and post articles about how to GET RICH! investing in weed. After it is an overvalued industry and way too late to invest and make any money in it, of course. Long after.

dufous

Actually, the WSJ has been covering that angle for quite some time.

The article was an opinion piece, not by WSJ, and represents barely more than a letter to the editor. We all understand that the sole purpose of the article was to sell a book by exploiting the fears of parents.

WSJ may have done us all a favor, by letting that loser vent his spleen, so we can all see who the author really is and what he is really about.

I subscribe to the WSJ. I don't have to agree with the editorial content to also be able to appreciate the intelligent and articulate reporting to be found among its pages. Even this ICMAG website is full of crap, but I can still mine it for the gems.

Wait until weed is finally and 'really' legalized in the US. Then the WS fish wrapper will flip and post articles about how to GET RICH! investing in weed.

Malato

Hey when I trim weed I break out in hives! So guess it's a little dangerous lol. Shitty part about trim days

White Beard

The ‘piece’ is a detailed pile of classic serious-people nonsense from the Drug War heyday. It’s cleverly politicized in classic Bircher fashion, waving the studies done by the British Empire on cannabis usage in India and in Jamaica as if they supported his point. Having had the chance to read those studies, I can say they *contradict* this guy’s assertions.

Why anyone is surprised to find something like this on the WSJ editorial page is beyond me.

The Wall Street Journal is one of the last great newspapers that still reports accurately and with little bias. This bullshit article appeared in their Opinion section, and the author is not on the WSJ Editorial Board. In fact, the author is a former New York Times reporter, which explains why he is full of shit.
Nice stack: thE WSJ is sober and dependable, but this is *opinion*, and from an ex-NYT employee makes *this* bullshit, on the WSJ editorial page, liberal crap.

Your inability to see the inherent biases of the EDITORIAL BOARD OF THE WALL STREET JOURNAL OF ALL GODDAMN PLACES is stunning. Since Rupert Murdoch bought the Journal, this sober collection of old money and old power viewpoints has lurched even further to the right, in step with the new modern era of “public choice economics”.

“OldCoolSativa” said:
Personally, I think social media is responsible for increasing psychoses to a much greater extent than cannabis. And I know precisely zero violent stoners...
I would have said “conservative” talk radio, YouTube, and the red-pill raiders, but sure; social media lets crackpots put a spotlight on themselves, and without working filters, their flaws are magnified in that glaring light. It’s kind of like violence against unarmed black citizens by police: it’s not necessarily that there *is* more of it now, it’s that we just *SEE* more of it now.

I, too, know zero violent stoners in a 50-year stoner lifetime.

TruffleButler

It's the THC-only extracts making people crazy. Sad thing is the users of these heroin-esque concoctions, far removed from the natural product, can't see how defensive aka violent they become over these factual claims.

People have been using natural Cannabis for thousands of years. But they haven't been using thc isolates, from plants bred exclusively for THC, but for less than a decade. Yet NaPro Research aka Molecular Farms already has data explaining the UK skunk hysteria: Bad breeding bad trends and bad growing of this plant backed by nothing but government propaganda that THC is all that matters.

People be falling asleep and waking up looking all crazy looking for their e-pens, getting on the internet to make sure no one is bad mouthing their thc addiction.

iBogart

Veteran
It's the THC-only extracts making people crazy. Sad thing is the users of these heroin-esque concoctions, far removed from the natural product, can't see how defensive aka violent they become over these factual claims.

People have been using natural Cannabis for thousands of years. But they haven't been using thc isolates, from plants bred exclusively for THC, but for less than a decade. Yet NaPro Research aka Molecular Farms already has data explaining the UK skunk hysteria: Bad breeding bad trends and bad growing of this plant backed by nothing but government propaganda that THC is all that matters.

People be falling asleep and waking up looking all crazy looking for their e-pens, getting on the internet to make sure no one is bad mouthing their thc addiction.

Lol. Nice try troll.

Where's this government data that says thc only matters?

Wanna post some data on that thc only products are making people crazy? LoL.

White Beard

I’d love to hear *anything* to support any of this. I have no experience with distillates, but this sounds like classic drug hysteria.

White Beard

Where's this government data that says thc only matters?
The government line for decades has been that THC is the compound in cannabis that gets people high. Never heard ANYONE claim they got high from taking THC as a solo compound (Marinol), but there’s hardly a piece in the media that doesn’t repeat it, I see it several times a day.

I think they decided to ‘sell’ THC as “the active ingredient” simply because they could put together a urine test for THC metabolites. This was all in the Carleton Turner era.

Malato

The government line for decades has been that THC is the compound in cannabis that gets people high. Never heard ANYONE claim they got high from taking THC as a solo compound (Marinol), but there’s hardly a piece in the media that doesn’t repeat it, I see it several times a day.

I think they decided to ‘sell’ THC as “the active ingredient” simply because they could put together a urine test for THC metabolites. This was all in the Carleton Turner era.

I've definitely gotten high from Marinol, not as high as a J of some good bud but was definitely noticeable

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Not here to chime in current conv. But I do have a very powerful quote by a US Judge
Francis L. Young

By contrast, marijuana's therapeutic ratio, like its LD-50, is impossible to quantify because it is so high.
15. In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death.
16. Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within a supervised routine of medical care."