What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Equinox L.E.D.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran

wow... this looks like an interesting piece... price is reasonable... not cheap... 5 yr warr i like, ofcourse depending on the company behind it... do u know the area it will cover in veg n flowering??

knuckles

Veteran
I would think 4x4 in flower and even larger footprint in veg..here is some info from their website.

The Equinox 1000 utilizes the latest LED technology available from Samsung to deliver an impressive 1057μmol/s. Drawing only 465 watts this light offers a 56% energy reduction when replacing a 1000W HPS light. Trichome production is increased by 15% - 20% and crop cycle is decreased by 7 - 10 days. Cooling costs are reduced by over half. Expect 90,000 hours (20 years @ 12hrs/day) of use with less than 10% light depreciation. Proudly manufactured in Canada this light is backed by a 5-year full replacement warranty. The rugged workhorse design makes this fixture the obvious choice for growers seeking a high production and low energy lighting solution.

BENEFITS:

Increased Yields and Trichome Production
Lower Energy Consumption
Reduced Cooling Requirements
Robust High Efficiency Design
Additional Flowering Cycle Each Year
TOP FEATURES:

Canada’s first LED horticultural light meeting all UL safety standards and is proudly manufactured in Waterloo, Ontario.
Complies with UL1598 for horticultural lighting electrical safety standards.
A thermal protection auto-dimming feature guarantees the fixture will never over heat or reach temperatures that could degrade the components and shorten its lifespan.
A manual dimming feature allows growers to conserve energy when plants are at early stages of development.
The rugged high-grade aluminum design ensures this fixture can be utilized in tough working environments with minimal risk of damage.
There are no mechanical cooling fans to clean or service.
Tested and certified for high humidity environments.
Minimal heat output lowers the growers cooling capacity requirements as well as energy costs.
All electronic components are of the highest quality brands including Samsung LEDs and Mean Well power supplies. No off-brand components have been used in the manufacturing of this light fixture.
IF Lighting’s proprietary LED driver ensures consistent light output from all LEDs.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For what it's worth, why didn't they (among other similar designs) design it with an outboard PS. THEN, the light bars could be closer together in the center, OR...

Fluence uses the original BML SPYDR 600 design with driver inside the spine with bars hanging down that can slide close together, or spread to 4 feet

The design is great, but the execution, not so much. Hopefully they have improved on the sliding bar integration with the spine

https://fluence.science/store/spydr-series/spydrx/

Koondense

Veteran
This equinox 460W led can't replace a 1000W hps, in my opinion. Can replace a 600W hps, so 4x4 would be ok, 5x5 veg only, would be best for flowering in a 100cm x 100cm.

Cheers

knuckles

Veteran
This equinox 460W led can't replace a 1000W hps, in my opinion. Can replace a 600W hps, so 4x4 would be ok, 5x5 veg only, would be best for flowering in a 100cm x 100cm.

It will be replaceing my broken hlg 550 after only just over 1 yr of use,been told the hlg products are not ul listed here in Canada ,so my local grow shop won’t carry them anymore.i do really like the 5 yr warranty.

knuckles

Veteran
def a selling point 'provided' they are around in 5yrs - i can't find anything on the manufacturer ... how long in bizz/rep/etc...

It’s a new business as far as the lights go,but the owner has several hydroponic stores, and has been in business for a long time..he got into this because he seen a need for a quality light manufacturer,that stands behind their warranty,The lights are very sturdy and designed by a electrical engineer that really knows his stuff.
The light has active thermal management and independent current control per led strip x6,no other company offers these features.also a universal AC plug with on/off switch.

ExoticsRus

Spydrx is 5 years warranty if you do you call and get a additional (2 years ) to your 3 years befor your order for 50 bucks extra per light . Just lame in my opinion they don’t put that on their website or choose that without calling them

knuckles

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
Day1 of flower,Bandit Breath,Eagle scout, both from greenpoint and Triangle kush under 470w

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
With a PPFD of 428 you will not get very good quality for flower. That is at 18" in there flyer. This tells you nothing about what size area this is at. So lets figure it out for ourselves.

4X4=16 square feet
16/10.76=1.49 square meters
1067/1.49=716 PPFD in a 4x4 area

That is on the weak side for flowering in a 4x4 area. That is assuming no lose to walls.

5x5=25
25/10.76=2.32
1067/2.32=459.25 PPFD in a 5x5 area

Good for veg but to weak for flower.

So stick with a area 4x4 or smaller for flower and a area of about 5x5 to 5.5x5.5 for veg. At 5.5x5.5 the PPFD is 379.5.

knuckles

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
Here we are approaching week three,getting crowed in there,might have to pull a plant out to gain some space.

Ruby_Abu

It will be replaceing my broken hlg 550 after only just over 1 yr of use,been told the hlg products are not ul listed here in Canada ,so my local grow shop won’t carry them anymore.i do really like the 5 yr warranty.

This is totally correct .:dance013: