What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best LED lights on the market

duke1992

Hey!

I am interested in buying some LED lights for my next grow and i need some recommendations.
I have read other posts and everyone is saying theirs are best, quite hard to pick THE one LED :).

Looking for a LED light that equals 600 - 1000 W HPS lamp and that i can buy it in EU.

Thank you for your answers!

duke1992

Kind LED K5 XL 750 or 1000
California works - Solar system 1100 or 550

Anyone have any experience with them?

Website LED PARADISE. There are tons of other lights.

Koondense

Veteran
My first pick would be Timber, but the import tax for EU makes them quite pricey.
So check out the Migro 600, they are from EU(Ireland) and their lights are basically in the top of what the market can offer.
Just my opinion.

Cheers

duke1992

Migro 600 is quite interesting.
But i am still worried, can a LED light really outproduce a 1000 watt hps? Is the investment worth it?

Koondense

Veteran
Of course it can and yes, the light pays for itself sooner than you may think, especially if you build it by yourself.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Those should be virtually the same as Migro and Timbers(Vero models), except they're out of stock.
The components are mostly same(except heatsinks) so it will produce same results.

Cheers

j78z

Horticultural Lighting Group, quantum boards they are insane. Personally I wouldn’t bother with anything else. The 2 that I have are working fantastically and I’m planning on adding several more

Koondense

Veteran
They're great except for the price. Op is asking for europe so HLG lights come much more expensive with all taxes.

Cheers

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
If you have a height issue then it probably would be best to get a HLG QB as they are so slimline and user friendly if you are always going to be working with pain in the arse spaces. I really want to get a few but I can't time my funds with their stock levels.

Todogrowled (based in Spain) is now stocking some HLG stuff.. Todogrow sell really good COBs as well that are plug and play that I can say are legit. I really like my 100s.

I had an Advanced Platinum 300 which I was kind of fond of but I still sent back. Blurple is wrong lol

I would also like to make a shout out for a UK company called Grow Northern GN and their Telos grow lights, I got the 08 last year.

https://gn.uk/led-grow-lights/gn-telos-8

It's a recently released line that is super well made and manufactured light. It has great results and pays for itself straight away, made in the north of England as well which is rare thesedays. Also worth mentioning they aren't the cheapest but they have other advantages such as being upgradable, 3 year warrenty, 10 year lifespan and can be used in a green house safely. i've been really impressed anyway so far.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
led grow light isn't blind far from it, imo they are blatantly some employee of whichever company it is that probably makes all of the "grow" lights on that so called comparison site in there sig..

ive seen that same list on about 10 almost identical websites whilst trying to find a real up to date comparison list. and they are all the crappiest chinese made crap to use up all the old leds probably filling up scores of chinese warehouses..

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i've only bought the '3' 300w vipars, and i can tell u they... b l o w ... 3 of them in a 4x3.5ft tent and the growth was pitiful... i gave em away..

maybe these cob's , much more $$$ led's are great, but at the moment my '2' 315 cmh in the above tent seem to be working 'ok' certainly not 1000w hps's , but ok...

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Tbh most educated reviewers opinions you come across online say the same thing about Vipar..

I guess everything's relative to what you have experienced already. I like CMH but more for veg and sometimes as supplemental with some cobs or telos in there to fill out the red a lot fuller, they still make loads of heat though compared to leds and if the plants get too tall the penetration suffers.. They are all tools but its always worth it to spend the money and get well built efficient tools :2cents:

Latest posts

Latest posts