What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quantum Boards

knuckles

Veteran
Story for the delay,absolutely loving these lights..the only problem is my temps are in the low 70s..other than that, they are pumping out top quality nugs

Goats

tagging so i can follow along.

i have been considering qbs for my 4x4 for the summer time.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
According to Steve from HLG their new light the HLG Elite is coming out in a month or so. From what he says the light output is so intense that if you run the light at full blast you will need to supplement with CO2 or dim it down. Essentially the plants will need the extra boost to be able to put all the light energy to use. Badass.

-Funk

Shadrock15

Hello
Have a queastion does anyone know what size or what the wattage of the actual diode that is used on the qb I jave read and read but dont see the wattage for just the individual diode listed. Not draw the queastion out but I ask because if its an adjustable wattage from wall then how hard am i driving the diodes say at max on the qb 260 if im at say 220 watts from wall am i driving them at 80% or ??? I know that most quality led lights only drive the diodes at about 55-60 percent to increase lifespan. And does anyone know why the 6500k spectrum is not available is it because samsung doesnt make that diode color or, i dont know I mix 6500k and 2700k in my t5 at different ratios through out my grow and i feel it does pretty good. Hope some one can help
Thanks

h.h.

Veteran
Correct me if I'm a bit off. I just kind of learned this myself.

The 6500k bulb and the 2700k bulb have the same spectrum.
The 2700k bulbs are made with an inside coating of phosphorous blocking wavelengths leaving a greater percentage of red light.
We used 6500k fluorescent bulbs due to intensity. They had no inside coating.

With LED's 4,000k/5,000k have the intensity that we need for veg.

Goats

picked up a 65 for a little 2x2 veg area and have a 600h coming in about a week.
the 65 is incredibly bright for 65w and after running for 10 minutes was still touchable. the 600h is for a 4x4 area so i got a potentiometer to bring it down.

how many watts/sq ft are suggested for qb? i have read a few different things.

Koondense

Veteran
Correct me if I'm a bit off. I just kind of learned this myself.

1. The 6500k bulb and the 2700k bulb have the same spectrum.
2. The 2700k bulbs are made with an inside coating of phosphorous blocking wavelengths leaving a greater percentage of red light.
3. We used 6500k fluorescent bulbs due to intensity. They had no inside coating.

4. With LED's 4,000k/5,000k have the intensity that we need for veg.

This needs correction:

1. No, they have the same basic blue led under the coating, the coating "reacts"(needs additional explanation but no time) and gives a different color composition to the light, thus different spectrum, keeping it extra simple a different ratio of blue:not blue wavelenghts
2. the coating does not "block" light, it creates other wavelenghts from just blue light coming frum the diode
3. 6500K have the highest intensity because the coating's job needs(absorbs) a bit of blue for creating other wavelenghts, thus a the intensity lowers with lower K values.
4. it's not about intensity only, it's about blue:red(other w.l.) ratio. Plants in veg "need" more blue compared to flowering plants

Hope this helps

Cheers

heatherlonglee

I've had my Quantum 288 single 135w board for about 4 months; they perform as supposed to, real deal powerful lights. The web page mentions not to touch the live board! Oh damn I've been touching mine on the heatsink and the ballast, should I never really touch the thing when the lights on? I see other people talking about touching them to gauge the amount of heat they throw off? Anyone get shocked by one?

My heatsink actually touches some metal on a HPS reflector in my tent also! Damn is this thing a safety hazard?! I've always hated that bare bones exposed look.

Goats

my 600h arrived yesterday and i plugged it in at full power in the living room and my place lit up like there was some kind of alien abduction going on. left my girlfriend and i seeing spots for a while.

will probably use the 600h at ~500w or so at most in my 4x4.

got it into the tent tonight but there is nothing in there currently. have seedlings and clones going in there as soon as they're transplanted in the next week or so, but it made the tent hard to look into at 620w.

i will post updates when they've been under it for a week or two.

everything in veg is loving the little qb65 so far.

Buckeyebandit

Yes I bought 2 65`s for my 3x3 veg tent. Love them and plants are doing real well under them

my 600h arrived yesterday and i plugged it in at full power in the living room and my place lit up like there was some kind of alien abduction going on. left my girlfriend and i seeing spots for a while.

will probably use the 600h at ~500w or so at most in my 4x4.

got it into the tent tonight but there is nothing in there currently. have seedlings and clones going in there as soon as they're transplanted in the next week or so, but it made the tent hard to look into at 620w.

i will post updates when they've been under it for a week or two.

everything in veg is loving the little qb65 so far.

Goats

moved the plants from the small tent to the big one so they're under the 600h now.

the first pic of the panel itself, the lights are @65w. the photos below that were taken @50%, 310w.
picture.php

greenpoint's tomahawk and cookies n chem. transplanted last night so the plants haven't adjusted to all of the new room they have. they're still pointing in weird directions because they were fighting for space in the small tent. the larger plants are some rainbow jones moms that got rootbound in solo cups. threw them in as insurance just in case the male:female ratio is shitty.
picture.php

picture.php

i'll try to continue updating the progress under the 600 as i go.

ReeferDan

How do you like the 600h?
I’m thinking of getting two of them for a 4x10 flowering area in a room I’m currently constructing.
Def want to go led, love the quantum boards and was going to get two 550’s, room design changed a bit, so looking at 600h possibly, or any more info on the HLG “elite” if it’s out there and worth waiting for.

moved the plants from the small tent to the big one so they're under the 600h now.

the first pic of the panel itself, the lights are @65w. the photos below that were taken @50%, 310w.
View Image

greenpoint's tomahawk and cookies n chem. transplanted last night so the plants haven't adjusted to all of the new room they have. they're still pointing in weird directions because they were fighting for space in the small tent. the larger plants are some rainbow jones moms that got rootbound in solo cups. threw them in as insurance just in case the male:female ratio is shitty.
View Image

View Image

i'll try to continue updating the progress under the 600 as i go.

Goats

just remembered that i had posted the start of some greenpoint seedlings under the qb 600h

only ended up with the one female, but she is looking good. i am really liking the performance of the panel so far.

high temps ahead for my locale, so we'll see how drastic of a difference i see in temps from the 600hps

anyways, here are some shots of the grow.

this is the whole tent about 8 days ago.
picture.php

a cookies n chem bud from 2 days ago. rock hard buds all over her.
picture.php

overall, so far i am really enjoying the qb600h.

the qb65 is still doing great as a little veg light as well. can't go wrong.

knuckles

Veteran
You won’t see a difference in temps as you’ve replaced 600w with 600w,but you will see a big jump in yield as the light is way more efficient.nice grow!

ratchy

interesting read on these led lights hope you don't mind me joining the show :) cookies and chem look solid :)

Koondense

Veteran
You won’t see a difference in temps as you’ve replaced 600w with 600w,but you will see a big jump in yield as the light is way more efficient.nice grow!

That's a contradiction, a more efficent light produces less heat and more light, so the temps will definitely be lower than with hps.

Cheers

knuckles

Veteran
:moon:
That's a contradiction, a more efficent light produces less heat and more light, so the temps will definitely be lower than with hps.

Cheers

No 600w produces the same heat whether it be h.i.d.,l.e.d. or a toaster.The hps light produces ir which is heat the plant can’t use.the led does not,meaning that your plants receive more par light.

Koondense

Veteran
:moon:

No 600w produces the same heat whether it be h.i.d.,l.e.d. or a toaster.The hps light produces ir which is heat the plant can’t use.the led does not,meaning that your plants receive more par light.

Got any data to confirm that?
The graphs seem to contradict your opinion.
(IR heats the space, so more heat)

Cheers

Bmac1

Veteran
Tagging along. Love these quantum boards. Ill be looking into these for sure.