What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3620 Watts Starlite LED Grow By Krunchbubble...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Whole room being emptied, moving from this spot...

Drying. Usually get around 2 lbs dry, per cage

toohighmf

Veteran
Bro...!

Would love to know what your final haul was, and gpw. Very impressive for under 4kw and less than half the heat. Very cool.

starke

I'm very interested in your final yield and your opinion of the final product since I just pushed the button on two of the URSA Optilux16 full spectrum units. They should be shipping this week. Sweet looking grow!

DunHav`nFun

Hadta stop by and show respect Krunch....I hope your harveys all come in over 1 gpw to offset costs of the LED`s....

I mean , if you pull 8 lbs/3632 gms metric , that`s right over wattage of lights and worthy of the new technology even though with discounts and free shipping still cost 6400 bucks....but...

You said you tried to run a lung room even though supplementing CO2 as well , but if you can get air exchange up to twice per minute with a lung area that has at least the same sq ftg as the grow tent and has a fresh air intake , CO 2 supplements will become an all but unnecessary expense per cycle....anyways....

The times they are a changing....but at what cost ....maybe the LED`s will become more cost effective down the road ......

Time will tell....But when you think about it , 64 bucks per sq ft doesn't seem high if the return on investment justifies the cost , so again....

If the lights last as long as advertised to amortize the cost over X numbers of grows compared to how many HPS bulbs would be replaced over the same time frame , then apples become apples and oranges become oranges....that said.....

Thanks for your time Krunch....You da man....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hadta stop by and show respect Krunch....I hope your harveys all come in over 1 gpw to offset costs of the LED`s....

I mean , if you pull 8 lbs/3632 gms metric , that`s right over wattage of lights and worthy of the new technology even though with discounts and free shipping still cost 6400 bucks....but...

You said you tried to run a lung room even though supplementing CO2 as well , but if you can get air exchange up to twice per minute with a lung area that has at least the same sq ftg as the grow tent and has a fresh air intake , CO 2 supplements will become an all but unnecessary expense per cycle....anyways....

The times they are a changing....but at what cost ....maybe the LED`s will become more cost effective down the road ......

Time will tell....But when you think about it , 64 bucks per sq ft doesn't seem high if the return on investment justifies the cost , so again....

If the lights last as long as advertised to amortize the cost over X numbers of grows compared to how many HPS bulbs would be replaced over the same time frame , then apples become apples and oranges become oranges....that said.....

Thanks for your time Krunch....You da man....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

I have a feeling the newer versions are going to be. I get mine any day now and they are really nice on paper, but we all know how that can turn out. I will say it would be highly illogical for the company to lie about things at this point though as they have had a ton of feedback from growers on what to improve and how and the new version on paper has corrected all problems growers (me included) had with the old ones.

I will let everyone know how it goes I am not sure if I will be able to document or not the first go around. I got all 640's full spectrum and the new ones on the graphs cover 4x4 with 400 ppfd on edges and 1600 in center 2ft over just like people asked. Only 1400 btu's to cool, compared to 4800-5k for 2' 315 cmh's, and 3400~ btu a 1k watt. They look very slim and easy to transport too kind of like 1.5' x 1.5' flat squares. Oh, and a 5 year warranty is kick ass...I see so many people's 315 ballasts going out just like old 1k digis. I really hope these turn out good as I invested a lot of money to replace a room with them I have and have waited over a year.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I'm very interested in your final yield and your opinion of the final product since I just pushed the button on two of the URSA Optilux16 full spectrum units. They should be shipping this week. Sweet looking grow!

I have a feeling the newer versions are going to be. I get mine any day now and they are really nice on paper, but we all know how that can turn out. I will say it would be highly illogical for the company to lie about things at this point though as they have had a ton of feedback from growers on what to improve and how and the new version on paper has corrected all problems growers (me included) had with the old ones.

I will let everyone know how it goes I am not sure if I will be able to document or not the first go around. I got all 640's full spectrum and the new ones on the graphs cover 4x4 with 400 ppfd on edges and 1600 in center 2ft over just like people asked. Only 1400 btu's to cool, compared to 4800-5k for 2' 315 cmh's, and 3400~ btu a 1k watt. They look very slim and easy to transport too kind of like 1.5' x 1.5' flat squares. Oh, and a 5 year warranty is kick ass...I see so many people's 315 ballasts going out just like old 1k digis. I really hope these turn out good as I invested a lot of money to replace a room with them I have and have waited over a year.

The side by sides ive seen, the Optilux is killing everything on the market. And they are testing MANY LED light company's in the same grow. Not done by a third party just yet...

Unfortuately

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
The higher up front cost is just fine because after the first harvest they'll pay themselves off. Also add in the money saved by not having to blast the AC all the time to keep temperatures stable. The savings over the lifetime of any LED unit is spectacular.

-Funk

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah nice! I wanted to do the whole grow under these, but it worries me how fuckin strong they are supposed to be. I fried my first and second run of seedlings under my gavitas when i first switched over =x although the crazy amount of heat they put off directly down was ridiculous so that did not help much either. I know in flower and mid veg times should be pretty crazy lol.

I would love to know at what height it is at 700 umols? I was gonna start it at 4 ft high if I was doing seedlings under them.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
The higher up front cost is just fine because after the first harvest they'll pay themselves off. Also add in the money saved by not having to blast the AC all the time to keep temperatures stable. The savings over the lifetime of any LED unit is spectacular. -Funk

that's presuming that the units last years... and maybe these higher $$$ units will... compared to the shittier/cheaper led's...

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
that's presuming that the units last years... and maybe these higher $$$ units will... compared to the shittier/cheaper led's...

I chose to risk a large sum of money on a publicly unproven product and make a light change which is a risk for any grow because they were not only priced reasonably when compared to the $800-900 I was going to have to spend on Sunlight Supply Air Cooled dual 315 cdm's, but on paper they checked all the boxes and then some. Add in ventilation, having to install it, damage to ceilings (+ repair in most cases), and things made a lot of sense. The thing with these lights is you don't need multiple units like their previous models so I think this will help with pricing...it's one per one 4x4 according to them. If they do what they are supposed to on paper and keep the prices around where I was able to buy them they will dominate the industry in the future I am sure.

I'm really excited for these, but we shall see when it comes to harvest numbers. Seeing as how the lights in this thread were not even full spectrum, judging by the size of his colas, I feel even more confident lately.