What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girl Scout Sells Cookies At Pot Shop

justpassnthru

Veteran
117 boxes sold in two hours

IDK if any GSC was inside the cookie boxes..seems appropriate to sell cookies to someone buying the strain in the collective.

What an entrepreneur..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scvv-wnhodI

[youtubeif]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scvv-wnhodI[/youtubeif]

For those of you with dial-up or hosed down Friday traffic..
http://www.gpb.org/news/2014/02/21/enterprising-girl-scout-sells-cookies-outside-marijuana-clinic

Fri., February 21, 2014 2:45pm (EST)

Enterprising Girl Scout Sells Cookies Outside Marijuana Clinic
By Scott Neuman
Updated: 5 hours ago

If there's a merit badge for business savvy, 13-year-old Girl Scout Danielle Lei might well deserve one.

Danielle, who set up her table of Girl Scout cookies outside The Green Cross medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco earlier this week, sold a whopping 117 boxes in a single day. She appears to have tapped into a niche market fueled by the drug's well-known propensity to stimulate appetite.

According to a Facebook page for The Green Cross, Danielle had "to call for back-up Girl Scout Cookies" after 45 minutes.

Danielle's mom, Carol Lei, tells Mashable that she usually has Danielle and her sister, who is also a Girl Scout, "set up shop at various points around San Francisco so they can learn about different environments while earning some cash. Plus, she figured this might be a good way to start a conversation about drugs and how some people use marijuana as medicine while others just get high."

"They learn that they're not drugged out," Lei said, according to the East Bay Express' Legalization Nation blog, which says it reports on "California cannabis culture." "Many have serious needs, and are just a little different."

Lei told Mashable that "I'm not condoning it, I'm not saying go out in the streets and take marijuana [...] It also adds a little bit of cool factor. I can be a cool parent for a little bit."

Mashable writes:

"'Girls are selling cookies, and they and their parents pick out places where they can make good sales,' Dana Allen, director of marketing and communications for Girl Scouts of Northern California, told Mashable. 'The mom decided this was a place she was comfortable with her daughter being at.' Later, she added, 'We're not telling people where they can and can't go if it's a legitimate business.'"

"The Girl Scouts of Colorado, though, have a different opinion even though it's a state where recreational marijuana is now legal in small quantities."

"On Feb. 9, a poorly photoshopped photo of three girl scouts standing outside a medical marijuana clinic began circulating online:"

"So my mom's friends live in Colorado and they set up a girl scout cookies stand outside of a medical marijuana store."

In response, Girl Scouts of Colorado tweeted: "If you're wondering, we don't allow our Girl Scouts to sell cookies in front of marijuana shops or liquor stores/bars."
:dance013: jpt

Coconutz

Veteran
"If you are wondering, we don't allow our Girl Scouts to sell cookies in front of marijuana shops or liquor stores/bars."

Busted! I hope she gets atleast the mandatory minimum

dddaver

Veteran
In response, Girl Scouts of Colorado tweeted: "If you're wondering, we don't allow our Girl Scouts to sell cookies in front of marijuana shops or liquor stores/bars."

Since she was in San Fransisco there probably was no problem. In fact if anybody wants to buy GS cookies you could probably just go to the nearest friendly dispensary out there near you. There are probaly concessions set up outside mmj despensaries all over the state today. :biggrin:

Garhart

Bah humbug - last time I bought the damn things, they did not even deliver them. Not that it really mattered, I just buy them to support the kids. I have a hard time even giving them away-- tasteless nasty and hard corporate cookies.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
This is the first year in a while that I haven’t bought any, I have seen anyone selling them yet this year…I guess now I know where to find 'em…dispensaries!

I saw a “teaser” the other night for a local news story, (western CO), from what I could gather having only seen the ’tease', it was warning people not to mistake “Girl Scout Cookies” the strain, for literal Girl Scout Cookies…Gotta love CO! :biglaugh:

iBogart

Veteran
thin mints and milk

Samoas ftw!

Bought a box the other day at the grocery store, nearly finished the box that night. Went to fuel up at the gas station the next day, and there they are, selling cookies. I just said no! I'm so proud of myself.

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
smart cookie or stoner parents?? lol

Dumb that they have been barred from 'adult businesses'. strip club sure, medical dispensary? not quite the same....
I'd have to assume the girl's parents were fine with it.

Latest posts

Latest posts