What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Agave in the Raw: any experience

H

HerbScience

Has anyone tried Agave in the Raw, as a replacement or addition to molasses, I think it works well with sativas, thanx in advance

h.h.

Veteran
Love raw agave.
Agave nectar is roughly equivalent to high fructose corn sugar. Raw agave may be a bit healthier, some have claims of calcium content. I believe "raw" is processed at under 120*. It does have better flavor.
Excellent in some Greek yogurt with a handful of berries. I use it in distillates to give them a tequila flavor...In your act? Maybe yes, maybe no.
Molasses has so much more good shit in it. It really has all you need.
It's one thing I do buy at the hydro shop. It's hard to find the better stuff at the regular market and with the hydro stuff, I can get hi brix for about 10 bucks.About the same price as the agave.
MM has a good read on making act on his website with a short section on molasses.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Why is the question? Stick with molasses. Smart and Final 1 gal Mothers molasses for 15 bucks. Lasts me all summer.

Hey! Just wanted to chime in, though I'm so green at this that I'm practically soiling mahself. (You've gotta appreciate puns.) But I would totally go with Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Molasses (yes it is unsulfured and blackstrap) as a replacement for Hi Brix, if your Hydro store has it. Not quite 100% on the details, but our store honcho said that a lot of people were having issues or complaining about the Hi Brix. Wholesome? Good stuff he says.

soserthc1

Used both as a test once

Agave in the raw on 4 plants
Mol on the other 16

Noticed no improvement on the 4 with the Agave

It's sits with all the other ingredients that I don't use but can't throw away .....

Hth

Granger2

Veteran
Ever tried making ACT with Agave Nectar in place of MO? It'll foam over like an episode of "I Love Lucy." I suggest just mixing and apply right away. -granger