What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Six days of darkness

Swan Lee

we.ve had a power outtage here for 5 days and its not back on til tomorrow...I.ve got 11 plants that were put onto 12/12 three days before the power cut after 6 weeks of Veg,,,what hope for their survival...will they hermie or should i just cut me losses and start again ???
They are -
4 Aurora regs
3 Afghan Kush fem
2 Hash plant haze fem
2 Lambo/Rambo fem
in a tent under 600w hps in coco dtw

Please help...what should i do ???

OrganicBuds

Veteran
If they have been sitting in pure dark since the power outage you should be fine. If the lights have been coming on and off, or if you left the plants in the sun light, it could be a problem. I find hermis happen when you interrupt the dark cycle, not prolonging it.

Coconutz

Veteran
If there was no air circulation you should inspect for mold/mildew and get yourself some kind of fungicide on deck

damn i was without power for 1 day and was freaking out.I just put them in front of an open window for the day then back in the closet at night.they look like they havent skipped a beat.I was freaking out,so i know 6 days is killer

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Swan Lee-
Your plants will be fine, esp. since you introduced them to the 12:12 cycle. There have been times I chose to have lights off (immediate trips out of town) and nothing strange occurred.

As others mentioned sporadic on/off kind of confuses the plants, yet not overtly.

And having mold remedies handy in any case is a prepared grower!! Stuff already in your pantry. I've had friends use garlic powder/water spray, cinnamon/water and even baking soda/Murphy's oil soap with water. I like the Murphy's soap/baking soda.....only used it once....works like a charm!!

Ingredient should steep for an hour or so (garlic powder/water or cinnamon mixture) in hot tap water.That way you spend your money on the electricity bill!! Just wash your plants after 3-4x application (if you do see mold/mildew issues).

Good luck!!!

talktosamson

Veteran
Swan Lee-
Your plants will be fine, esp. since you introduced them to the 12:12 cycle. There have been times I chose to have lights off (immediate trips out of town) and nothing strange occurred.

As others mentioned sporadic on/off kind of confuses the plants, yet not overtly.

And having mold remedies handy in any case is a prepared grower!! Stuff already in your pantry. I've had friends use garlic powder/water spray, cinnamon/water and even baking soda/Murphy's oil soap with water. I like the Murphy's soap/baking soda.....only used it once....works like a charm!!

Ingredient should steep for an hour or so (garlic powder/water or cinnamon mixture) in hot tap water.That way you spend your money on the electricity bill!! Just wash your plants after 3-4x application (if you do see mold/mildew issues).

Good luck!!!

Or....OR you could spend $10 on greencure and not put fucking floor cleaner on your plants ...Jesus some people....

floor cleaner does sound a bit drastic.But i like the cinnamom garlic powder ideas.Im not sure but i would have personally let the plants see some type of light during light on hours.On another note the website for murphys oil says its 98% natural.Saying this doesnt add weight to the suggestion of using it but its not as bad as what i thought.the other 2% is fragrance and a very long word i cannot copy and paste so id steer away from that based on the length of the word alone.

I use the no pest strips they work great while others denounce them.I had mites bad after 48 hours they were gone and never to be heard of again.You could put alot of money and time into other methods less organic and not get the same results. this is tottally off topic of mold but sometimes people try things on a whim that work great.Im not sure if im smoking something toxic or not but it works!

Swan Lee

Thanks folks for your help.It seems i did right by leaving them in total darkness,tho i opened the door vent of the tent so as much air could circulate as poss,and shut the door of the room so no light could enter.At this young age,i'm hoping mould wont be a problem.If they'd been 6 weeks in flower,then i would've been freaking out.
I think if it had been summer,i may have taken them out for 12 hrs ish sun,but not in February.
I can't wait to see what they look like when the lights do eventually return.

ozzieAI

Veteran
i recently had my plants in darkness for four days due to a timer failure. they looked very sad and lost a lot of colour but have since bounced back are about 1 week behind where they should be at...good luck with yours

Swan Lee

Yes,when the lights finally came back on,the leaves were a very pale green,but after 2 days ,they perked up and now,1 week later,they're looking fine and healthy,and just starting the stretch that was so horribly interrupted.Especially the Haze,which i'm sure ,still grew a few inches in the darkness.
Thanks once again for all your help people,it really put my mind at rest .:tiphat: