What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the state we live in (yeah!)

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
When I can catch a couple of hours off, and want a good place to chill, I head for the lake. I can think it and be on the water in 20 minutes. My weapon of choice, is bargain basement kayaks. So I load up the boat, beer, and the sacraments and head out.
I heard some splashing in the water, so paddled around to check it out. It was a huge porcupine climbing out of the water. I floated up quiet like and watched. That big boy started climbing a vertical rock face. I am out at Watson Lake (prescott_). It is a granite boulder man made lake. And is beautiful.
He went into granny gear and scaled this rock face 35 feet up. He used all his feet (and toes) to get there. Took him about 5 minutes.
I love Arizona.

Sforza

Veteran
Without pictures, it never happened.

Just kidding, but it would have been awesome to get a cell phone picture of that bad boy powering his way up that vertical cliff face.

Sounds like a nice outing.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
I should have tried to take a pic, but it was early morning and in the shade. I don't have one of those deluxe cell phones. peace

paper thorn

Veteran
Watson Lake is a beautiful place. Boulders, rock formations, lots of sheer walls along the side of the lake.
Paddled around in a little rubber raft with my son and his friend on a camping trip to Mingus Mountain a few years back.
Prescott to desert dwellers = paradise

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
san juan river trip

san juan river trip

Just returned from a fun filled three days on the river. Put in at sand island and out at Mexican Hat. We hit perfect timing... water rose from 500 to 2800 cfs while we were on the river! 8' rapid was really cooking....Driving thru Monument Valley is also a highlight of this trip.
Love Az.

Apache Kush

nice you did the SJ River fun but u need pics haha jk

I know some better stillwaters in AZ but Watson is decent for prescott

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
kush

kush

That trip was last yr. Hopin to do it again, I just bought my own boat, a tributary solo.

Watson just filled up again, was looking good in this storm.

I saw the
verde was running 8-9,000. Last I was on it it was 400. Wow I just checked. It hit 20,000

Apache Kush

Cool, boats are money I got a float tube hehe

yeah that last storm had all the verde wateshed flooded out and

I saw some crazy pictures of Oak Creek and Wet beaver creek too

Latest posts

Latest posts