What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why wooden spoons?

Hash Artist

24in plastic brewers spoon

24in plastic brewers spoon

I know this is an old thread but rather then start a new one on the same topic I figured I’d just add my .02 here. Plastic spoon was mentioned, but I think it’s important to be as specific as possible. After trying many diffferent spoon length, size, materials I’ve found the 24inch food grade plastic brewers spoon to be the best match for making bubble hash. The spoon has blunt edges which was already mentioned (preserves the structure of trims or plant material- less chlorophyll in your final product.) It’s longer, and flexible so with two hands it’s easy to create the “water vortex” which is crucial to a clean separation. Use the top hand to steady the spoon, bottom hand to control stirring motion and speed. Most ergonomic tool I’ve found to stir the trims. Cheers