What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

medical marijuana cultivating

RedBeardy5

With Illinois only allowing 22 cultivations and 60 dispensaries, how is this going to work. You can have the max of 2.5 ounces in a 14 day period, so that's roughly 5 ounces a month per person. How can cultivators keep up with this, are we going to be seeing 100,000sqft facilities? I was on my way west to Colorado just to get into the scene but now thinking maybe there will be opportunity here. How are they going to be hiring and cultivating for something that was illegal.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Depends on how many patients sign up and how much each needs per month. I think the IL mmj market will take about 5 years to mature...

dutch69lover

I would like to get investors on board now for this. I lived in northern Cali for awhile and I know how to grow big! If I were to have 6 greenhouses that were 56'x35' I could perpetuate a harvest of 100 pounds every month once I got the cycles going and harvesting one greenhouse a month. Of course I would need about 15 workers and $350,000 start up lol