What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How this site works......

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
For many years now......well since about 1978 I have been a part of the cannabis industry as a grower......since 1975 I have used cannabis and continue to do so......for me at 46 years old cannabis is like candy was to me when I was just 10 years old.......I love it in all its many expressions, flavours and colours......and see that the best way to express my passion for this plant is to share it and encourage others that want or need it to grow it.....

.....Over the years I have managed to encourage and support many that are now a vibrant part of this industry and they include many fine growers and breeders who you might find on these boards or on others or in any country on the planet.......Cannabis genetics in the form of various varieties or strains are very important to keep alive and I manage to do this by distributing these seeds of possibilities worldwide to many eager and gratefull growers who are just glad that people like myself exhist to do this......

Many think that I am foolhardy and should involve myself in a business that is not so much in a 'grey area'.....a business without the crazy risks that this can involve.......Some of my friends and family members have commented and realise that I do what I do simply because I have a passion for cannabis as my Grandfather did for chrysanthemum's........but these is more to it than just that.....

Like many I have in the past fallen foul of the draconian inquisition that has been cast over the cannabis industry in recent times.....I have been incarcerated, penalized and persecuted because of my use of this plant in the past as many have done and continue to be, and like many growers and breeders I live with a certain paranoia every day that this might happen again because of my close association with the erb' and how I go about making a business out of it by selling and giving away seeds from nearly 600 varieties....

.....You can cross the palm of someone with just one cannabis seed, and that seed can feed and clothe and medicate that person for the rest of their lives.....For me I can't think of a better business to be in.......it brings many joy.........and there is a certain renegade power there that bucks the system that tells you that money does not grow on trees....because of the stupid prohibition of cannabis in most all societies the price of it in some places is twice that of gold.....and to buy gold to smoke is way beyond the capabilities of most.......so thousands upon thousands make the choice with its inherant and real risks to grow it simply because they cannot afford to buy it....

.....In my time I have cultivated and supported many that now have the same ideas as me to just cultivate more cultivators in every society and in every country......with the power of just one seed I have seen change for the better in many peoples lives and these happy growers are now doing just what I envisaged......they are sharing seeds and helping new growers get started just as I did with them.........there is no stopping us really.......even if they throw me in jail and throw the key away I can rest in peace knowing that I got the seeds to hundreds of thousands of growers worldwide most of whom benefited in some way or another from growing this beautifull and much missunderstood plant......for that is all it is.......a plant........and criminalizing the worlds citizens for growing any plant is a crime........

.....Here on I.C.Mag I pay the bills for you to learn and laugh.......ask and answer........question and be questioned.........and I do this with a good heart gaining solace from the thought that I am doing something that is right and not wrong by making this resorce available to all on this here internet.....

....and I actively encourage you all to do likewise by reading, learning and participating on these boards so keeping I.C.Mag alive and well.........and firin' on all cylinders!

....Grow On!

....Gypsy Nirvana

G

2158marijuana_propaganda_poster1.jpg

G

:respect: Gypsy I have the utmost respect for you for giving us those great beans at a reasonable price and for giving us a home that we can share our grows with our friends and the community.

Thank You Gypsy
GCG

ColoraDro

I agree i like what you do and there will always be so called haters but as long as you do what makes you happy and you feel you are doing the world good then hey thats the best thing that anyone could ask for and i commend you for a job well done...

Greetings From ColoraDro

G

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish an he will eat for life. You could easily grow and sell your buds to friends and take their money for life. Or you can be a true friend and teach them to grow and have their own buds.

Great job Gypsy. Keep fighting the good fight. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go check on my " fish" :canabis:

Nevermind

FormerOGer

that was beautiful gypsy. Please know that your vision and courage is seen and admired. I owe many good memories to you and your services.

While some are louder than others, we're all behind you 100%!

agent 420

thanks for all you do Gypsy. Every time you write, I get inspired.

In the words of a former teacher,"You're a gentleman and a scholar."

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well damn, no wonder I find it so easy to like you, sounds like we had many similar experiences growing up in the same world since we're almost the same age. :smile:

I think you should include that the money's not bad either as part of your motivation. One because you can make a fair and comfortable earning while still offering some of the best prices on the market, and give away freebies on top of that. And because it's fair, nobody that's not independently wealthy is going to dedicate themselves to a thing and travel the world in pursuit of that, and not expect something out of it.

With all that's gone on lately alot of criticism has been cast on those making a living off marijuana prohibition. I feel there is a fine line to that which makes the difference like night and day. Some use marijuana prohibition to jack prices up sky high citing the risks of doing business as the justification. Like dealers for example selling ounces for $600. That's just flat out wrong. In the 70's growing up in the suburbs of the nations capital here in USA I was able to regularly buy ounces of the best quality weed for $35 and it was everywhere. Another good example are volcanos, there is nothing so hi-tech about their product that justifies a $700 price tag. Hell I can get a nice new big screen HD TV for less. Yet they can get that price because theirs is the best and can making smoking safer and healthier. People like that are clearly screwing the public because the opportunity exists. Some however, pass the opportunity to charge what they can in favor of charging what is fair and reasonable as their intent is to service their market because there is so little service instead of gouging it for the same reason. Given that there are distributors charging as much as 3 times as much for comparable genetics, it seems to me to be clear that you are on the side of the line that services the community.

Last edited:
G

gypsy sir without you I would have no Herb to smoke...I might of ordered from another website..but you have great prices and stealth so I dont have to worry about police kicking down my door....Im on this web site to help people...I know how to grow herb but I want to give back..you on the other hand give back 1000000000 fold....and you still a nice enuf guy to answer my private messages....THANKS!!! STAY SAFE!!! P.S. HEMPKAT GLAD TO SEE YOU AROUND...YOU ALWAYS HAVE HI QUALITY DIGI PICS!! :respect: :bandit:

Last edited:

KYHomeGrown

you could never imagine the wealth of knowledge I have picked up from this site and its extremely intelligent members and moderators. I sincerly thank you for all the beans I have recieved from you and the skills I now posess because of your site. I have even passed along information to local growers and they have also benefited with increased yeilds and more potent final products!!
Thanks again!

A+Dank

Wow!
Hunderds of Thousands! It is true! And just think..those are just those of us who use internet or are a couple of degrees of seperation away from an IC'er
Thank you for seeding the weed!
+

bbing

Aww fuck Gypsy. I feel kindred connection to you. (little sob). I have spent 20 years thinking about all these things. Usually alone because most of of the truly empassioned and knowledgeble folks are understandably reclusive. I have lived in So. Cal most my life and smoked the best from up North since the mid-late 70's. I don't know if you can understand what is like to develop ideas about the efficacy of cannabis in isolation for 20 years (or a few more hehe) only to wake up one day and find all of you here in the ether we call internet? Home at last.

I share your vision and hopefully your initiative and resolve.
I wish to offer education and real science about the effects of use. I wish to form a body of knowledge around harm reduction and responsible use. I wish to change the local media image of "cannabis activist". I dont mean to disrespect anyone; however, every time I see our issues on the news, who do they show? The individual with the longest hair, most beads, least articulate "stoner" they can piss off. I love beads and long hair but let's face it, that image feeds into the political hype and stereotypes us. We need to change the image of who it is we are percieved as being. We need to show doctors, lawers, artists, teachers, engineers, janitors, fire fighters etc...
This is who I have found hidding here behind our silly handles; intelligent responsible people. I know it shouldn't be our job to make all who use cannabis responsible, but it should be our job to make sure we show responsible use.

G

Well Said Gypsy! You've provided a wonderful place for us here, and ICmag has become quite the community and resource for the budding bud gardener. Thanks Man...

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
bbing said:
Aww fuck Gypsy. I feel kindred connection to you. (little sob). I have spent 20 years thinking about all these things. Usually alone because most of of the truly empassioned and knowledgeble folks are understandably reclusive. I have lived in So. Cal most my life and smoked the best from up North since the mid-late 70's. I don't know if you can understand what is like to develop ideas about the efficacy of cannabis in isolation for 20 years (or a few more hehe) only to wake up one day and find all of you here in the ether we call internet? Home at last.

I share your vision and hopefully your initiative and resolve.
I wish to offer education and real science about the effects of use. I wish to form a body of knowledge around harm reduction and responsible use. I wish to change the local media image of "cannabis activist". I dont mean to disrespect anyone; however, every time I see our issues on the news, who do they show? The individual with the longest hair, most beads, least articulate "stoner" they can piss off. I love beads and long hair but let's face it, that image feeds into the political hype and stereotypes us. We need to change the image of who it is we are percieved as being. We need to show doctors, lawers, artists, teachers, engineers, janitors, fire fighters etc...
This is who I have found hidding here behind our silly handles; intelligent responsible people. I know it shouldn't be our job to make all who use cannabis responsible, but it should be our job to make sure we show responsible use.

I knew it! I just new it! I knew if I waited long enough I'd find another voice in the wilderness speaking my language. I've been saying for years growers have the power to change that stereotype by being careful to not live up to it and to point out to others that's just government propaganda much like Reefer Madness. I mean if you could create a special pair of glasses that let you look around you and see who uses and who doesn't you would be surprised at how many you don't know about. Many that don't likely would if it weren't for the laws. Some people choose to live and die by the law. They would accept it if it were legal. If marketed properly marijuana has the potential to not only replace alcohol as the government approved recreational drug but it would also be alot safer and if done in a none smoking form alot healthier.

Take a moment and imagine that the message of growing and sharing as spoken on sites like these continues to grow exponentially at the rate it's been growing, lets say another 15 years. That would be over a quarter of a century of steadily creating people sympathetic to the cause. Even greater though, Imagine you grow up in a world and let's say in your early 20's you find this site and start growing. That site is alive with activity and all the info you need and usually with multiple choices, is there for you in a snap, all you got to do is ask. You follow the advice, and grow safely, carefully buying the best products, ferts, soil, lights, etc. You also follow the advice to be low key, to not draw attention to yourself, be a good neighbor, a respected member of the community. Someone known to be responsible and contribute when appropriate and/or needed. Also a good employee, a steady wage earner and taxpayer, unless of course you are one of the unfortunate few who have something that legitimately disables you. You go out in front of your house in the morning and get your newspaper, take in a deep breath of fresh air, wave at a neighbor and life is good with your grow room hidden away from the world, it's a pain the trouble you have to go thru but by god it's worth it. This one day however, you go out and get your morning paper like usual, but this day you got those magic glasses in your pocket. You put them on and you look around, and you see the whole world around you is doing the exact same damn thing. Maybe on that day, we will wake up and change the laws. Because you know what? If everyone was doing it like that, companies making lights, quality soils and ferts, other related acessories, they would grow into corporate giants. That's what happens when 300 Million people use your products. Think how it would stimulate the economy and wipe out unemployment to suddenly add a bunch of corporations maybe as large as the car manufacturers to the mix and at the same time install a government taxed and regulated industry in place that would be likely larger then the alcohol and tobacco industries combined. Not to mention all the by products that could suddenly be added to the market.

Last edited:
G

well said gypsy and without you most of us wouldnt even know where to begin. all i know i you ahve come through on everything you ahve told us. you have come through on all the orders you send and then resend. after meeting you in Adam this past november at the htcc i felt as if i have known you for a while thank you for being cool in amsterdam and chatting and thank you for making sure the beans i order get to me and the biggest thank you is for having icmag around and not letting it change or be polluted by the haters...

GYPSY YOU ROCK BRO HANDS DOWN!!!

cheers my friend and thank you.
this hits for you
puf puff pass it to the man himself gypsy

swerve

Latest posts

Latest posts