Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Bag Appeal Ruing Weed and What Do You Think of Matt Riot...

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Bag Appeal Ruing Weed and What Do You Think of Matt Riot... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2018, 03:28 PM #1
707OGBUSH970

707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough
Bag Appeal Ruing Weed and What Do You Think of Matt Riot...

All I see on IG are pics of the same strains. Everyone loves a looker, but it's apparent that people not as informed as some of us assume that bag appeal means everything. An extreme example would be that, on DJ Short's page, it shows him getting a pack of someone's Hawaiian strains--mostly sativas--that look awesome and with totally old school foxtailly phenos. However, all the kids are calling them "mids" and "bullshit" weed. Weed we all would kill for. It makes me sad to be honest I feel like breeding for a market like that is not what is going to make cannabis diverse again. Should we be worried, or is this just the IG crowd and to be expected?

Also, I see that Riot Seeds has this Heirloom Skunk Spray Afghani seeds for sale. They are pricey at 500 bucks a pack, as is everything Riot--pricey at least, not all 500. However, I see that this guy has both his lovers and serious haters. Anyone with grow knowledge want to fill me in on how his stuff turns out? Is he a cool guy or a dickhead? I see he starts a lot of drama on IG, but that doesn't make him a bad dude. Maybe people deserve it. Its hard to get an accurate picture reading IG banter.

I know I could search but I wan to know updated stuff and if his seeds come out consistently good and are still doing so. 500 is a lot for any pack.

Fil me in peeps!

Last edited by 707OGBUSH970; 09-11-2018 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: Misspelling
707OGBUSH970 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:10 PM #2
rolandomota

rolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to all
Lol wow man I know very little about Matt riot but with that price for beans he's definitely a dickhead and who cares let them talk shit and smoke sleepy boring
rolandomota is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:14 PM #3
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Matt riot is a Punk Rocker that lives his life to the fullest not taking shit from anyone while spreading it like peanut butter.

Take him for what you will. I think he's a pretty cool dude and have attempted to grow a couple of his varieties with no luck but they were old seeds when I got them.

NO those seeds aren't worth $500 a pack!
I am of the opinion that no seeds are worth more than about $5 each no matter the variety.
However, that hasn't stopped me from spending up to $30 a seed for a couple varieties but not from Matt.
MJPassion is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:14 PM #4
green404
Banned

green404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of light
500 for a pack of seeds, I would say the guy is a dickhead marketing scum who has no respect for fellow humans.

For 500 I can get a large stable full of the top genetics. I would never pay that for a hyped up fake unicorn.
green404 is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:25 PM #5
707OGBUSH970

707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by green404 View Post
500 for a pack of seeds, I would say the guy is a dickhead marketing scum who has no respect for fellow humans.

For 500 I can get a large stable full of the top genetics. I would never pay that for a hyped up fake unicorn.
Yeah I get all that. Ive had a lot of elite stuff in my day and it seems hard to pay even much of anything at all. HOWEVER, there are things that are worth it to people if they really, really want them. I dont want to pay more than 5 bucks a piece or less for any clones, but if someone offered me a verified cut that real Dominican "Piff" Black Haze, I would pay a lot more than 500 bucks. Its all relative to what you really want or need. However, if his stuff is just crap in general, I wouldn't give it any thought. Has anyone actually grown any? Or is he just automatically a dick? I have probably 10 k worth of seeds. I have a stable. I just want to know if this something I desire is it going to be worth looking into for breeding. I have enough great strains to grow to last me 20 years.

I would say whats more of ripoff to me, is people who sell totally common genetics for 100 a pack. But to each his own.

Has anyone grown any Riot Gear?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:46 PM #6
707OGBUSH970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Matt riot is a Punk Rocker that lives his life to the fullest not taking shit from anyone while spreading it like peanut butter.

Take him for what you will. I think he's a pretty cool dude and have attempted to grow a couple of his varieties with no luck but they were old seeds when I got them.

NO those seeds aren't worth $500 a pack!
I am of the opinion that no seeds are worth more than about $5 each no matter the variety.
However, that hasn't stopped me from spending up to $30 a seed for a couple varieties but not from Matt.
Why do people say they are not worth it and then turn around and turn around and say that they have bought stuff for approaching the same price because THOSE were worth it to THEM? I just want to know if the dude is worth messing with at all. I never should have said the price. I just want to know if his seeds are worth buying at all for even 100 dollars. Then, I can decide how much a verifiable, skunk spray, burnt rubber heirloom afghani is worth. Much more TO ME than 3 packs of Cake Crasher or what other people seem to think is worth paying for, if its the real deal. I appreciate the input but I want to know if his gear is good to grow, not anything about the price. I never should have mentioned it.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:48 PM #7
HHILL

HHILL has a spectacular aura aboutHHILL has a spectacular aura aboutHHILL has a spectacular aura aboutHHILL has a spectacular aura about
I’ve never run any of the Riot offerings, but there is a good interview with him on The Pot Cast, available for free on SoundCloud. He comes across as abrasive, yet fair. If you listen to it, you can judge for yourself. As far as a skunk variety, Dominion Skunk from Duke Diamond is good I’ve heard, never run those either.

Good luck in your search!
HHILL is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 04:57 PM #8
707OGBUSH970

Thanks Man! I appreciate that. I actually have pack of Dominion Granny Skunk and also a pack of Screaming Eagle. I slept on the Dominion Skunk. Should have picked up a pack. Duke seems to be very well respected. I will check out the podcast.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:07 PM #9
Ignignokt

Ignignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of light
There are better options i would say.
Ignignokt is online now Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 05:35 PM #10
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud of
I think is all going to change soon. Back before my time people had access to lots of imported strains. All the legends such as thai and columbian. As long lots and lots of garbage. Wether it be poorly grown hay weed or just old import that had been stored poorly. No shortage of foxtails and fluffy buds. All the good import I seen myself was always from mexico or south of there but I have seen bricks in just about every quality level. When indica and indoor became popular it made sense. Faster, denser, holds itself together in a bag all day in your pocket. If your a breeder you can do 2 or 3 generations in the timeit takes to do 1 sativa crop. So it made sense that that is the direction everyone went. Meanwhile many sativas become rare or extinct. And 16 to 24 week strains are worked and grown by very few.

Lately more and more people want a sativa type high. Most have not connected the dots between long fluffy buds and rock hard nugs. But they will. Appeal is just a type of conditioning. And slow but sure more people will learn to recognise that a hard frosty nug may but them to sleep. And that tasty joint that hippy just burned got you them super high, all day. It just takes time and more good weed to share.

I think between more people running large numbers and the fact most people are breeding chem, og and cookies into what will be the bud light or coca cola of the weed industry. Im guilty too.

Just my opinion but I think its going to flip. Not many consumers care if you can pull 2 lbs of couchlock every 60 days.
bigtacofarmer is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.