Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > some WW DP need your help )

Thread Title Search
some WW DP need your help ) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2018, 09:36 PM #1
pureice739

pureice739 is on a distinguished road
some WW DP need your help )

Hey guys, some friend of mine has a problem with a few of his plants. They are all white widow from dutch passion, in veg about 3.5 weeks in vegging under 600 watt vero 29's. He has 20 plants in total they ALL look great besides three of them, what can it be? Here in the pix you can tell which once need some special attention, and which look good and healthy, any ideas? thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180904_180640(1).jpg
Views:	25
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	468488 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180904_180715.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	468489 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180904_180724.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	468490
pureice739 is offline Quote

Old 09-07-2018, 09:38 PM #2
pureice739

BTW here are some details, they are on COCO.PERLITE 50/50. Running BioBizz coco nutes on tap water , ph 5.5-5.8 hand watering daily.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:02 PM #3
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
I think that's either heat/light stress or a problem in the roots. Is there a hot spot from his lights or anything? The way the other plants aren't affected makes me think it's in the roots though.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is online now Quote

Old 09-07-2018, 11:18 PM #4
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pureice739 View Post
Hey guys, some friend of mine has a problem with a few of his plants. They are all white widow from dutch passion, in veg about 3.5 weeks in vegging under 600 watt vero 29's. He has 20 plants in total they ALL look great besides three of them, what can it be? Here in the pix you can tell which once need some special attention, and which look good and healthy, any ideas? thanks guys

BTW here are some details, they are on COCO.PERLITE 50/50. Running BioBizz coco nutes on tap water , ph 5.5-5.8 hand watering daily.
It looks like the plant in question may be either too close to the lights, or 'praying for magnesium'.

UPDATE - All these plants are on the edge of magnesium deficiency. Even the ones who look 'great' have very dark green leaves, the veins of the leaves are almost indistinct, and the internodes are extremely short. Cannabis uses quite a bit of magnesium, on a near constant basis. Magnesium is basically connected to the foliage, and to phototropism. If plants are green and have a lot of leaves, they use more magnesium. Don't give too much because it can burn roots like nitrogen. My guess is also that your water might be soft, which is not necessarily a bad thing, however soft water needs extra calcium and magnesium. Also remember to add a little silica. It isn't in soilless mixes or hydro - outdoors it would come from sand. Resin is made from silica.

Just a general observation.

Why so much perlite? Coco coir is already very aerated and fluffy. It already has a pH of 6.0, and if you adjust your nutrients to 6.0 throughout the grow, the pH is very stable. Perlite has a higher pH of 7.0. It's not needed, and complicates things.

Then, if you give a seed, or a newly transplanted plant bloom food with more potassium, you're growing a plant with a very strong root system (P) and a strong stem (K).

And that means much faster growth, much more resilience, and much less pest pressure, much fewer and more easily treated incidents of nutrient deficiencies, because the bigger root system takes up more of the nutrients. Also excess nutrients don't sit in the soil and drag the pH down.

Build a root system and stem/branches first, and the foliage takes care of itself.
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:39 AM #5
Iffy
Nil Illegitimus Carburundum

Iffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud of
Hi pureice,

Odd that just three look so different. By swapping them around in your grow space, you would know if it was environmental but I suspect your issues are in the roots. I'd give them a dose of Cal/Mag, more for the Mag and I'd consider using Silicone if your PH can stand it. PH too should be monitored to see if there is any discrepancy between those three and the others.

Hope you resolve this soon,
Regards,
Iffy

The Chronic Pain Club - a resource for us all!

My definition of an EXPERT; An 'EX' is a has-been & a 'SPURT' is a drip under pressure!

****************************** ****************************** ****************************** ***
All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small.
Lao Tzu

****************************** ****************************** ****************************** ***
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Iffy is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 02:30 PM #6
pureice739

hey guys a acouple days after I posted about these sick looking plants, they were placed in another tent under 12/12 schedule and started giving them epsom salt into the res tank (hand water daily), plus some mammoth p and all of them are under 3 HLG's 550 and one 715 watt Johnson CX-16 with 16 CREE CXA2540. My friend went from using all DE HPS to all LED grow tent. The temp control is much better and they eat so much less energy. But one thing i can say is the end result is alittle bit of lower yield its a fact. or maybe he is still perfecting the skills growing under led,. anyways enough of this jibber jabber here is a pic of those sick plants about a week later. They look MUCH better, thank you guys for the advice I thing the EPSOM salt helped them!! THANKS ABUNCH !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180914_141132.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	469375

Old 09-14-2018, 03:43 PM #7
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Glad you were able to fix the issue. Your friend should join ICMag!
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote